Fix Suzuka Bump PLS

WHOA!, that looks like hard work.

I take that corner (bump) as you suggested earlier Dale, ...all the way to the right, and short-shift.¬† Works for me¬†ūüôā

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Marty_K_ said:

WHOA!, that looks like hard work.

I take that corner (bump) as you suggested earlier Dale, ...all the way to the right, and short-shift.¬† Works for me¬†ūüôā

Now you tell me.lol 100% race with rain and finished 3rd in our league. That info would have been helpful. Lmao :cheers:

• Haha 1

It's appalling that codemasters refuse to fix the tracks in a officially licenced F1 game.

But credit is due where credit is deserved, at least they finally fixed the French Pitlane at Paul Ricard after 2 years.

Still...

...Germany, start/finish straight DRS Zone has been removed irl, in the game it still exists.

...Singapore, Bridge straight after the slow left handed hairpin got a new DRS Zone irl, in the game it does not exist.

...Japan, Suzuka Bump at the last fast right handed corner before the main start/finish straight next to the pit entry has no effect on modern F1 cars irl as they take it flatout, in the game they exaggerated that bump to the point that you can't take the natural racing line over the bump flatout and if you do, you spin.

...Mexico, new DRS Zone was added after Turn 7-11 right before the stadium section, in the game it does not exist.

"OfFicIAlLy lICencEd F1 PRoDucT"

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 7

I didnt realize there were That many.  But, at least we have new Halloween skins. The car was nearly $3.lol  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Crickets...

"Dear Community,

We take our customers' concerns seriously.  In doing so, we proudly release long awaited Thanksgiving helmets, suits, and car paint ( each sold separately).

Thank you for yo biznassss."

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

"Dear Community,

We take our customers' concerns seriously.  In doing so, we proudly release long awaited Thanksgiving helmets, suits, and car paint ( each sold separately).

Thank you for yo biznassss."

Hey! The money raked in from those invaluable (more likely unvaluable?!) additions to the game will probably be used to entice a new junior software engineer to manage the F1 2020 project. It's obviously nearly finished by now they just need someone new and fresh to throw in some new ideas (gimmicks) in time for the YouTube review copies! 

:classic_cool:

• Haha 3

The bump at the beginning of the start/finish straight in Japan should really be removed. There is no such bump in real-life (anymore). It was disturbing in F1 cars already, but practicing Japan in a classic car for our so called "Christmas Classic Cup" is simply frustrating. We need to go off throttle or be 99.9% sure to spin in the '88 McLaren.

Could something be done about this?

• Like 1

there is more annoying corner in spain, than last corner bump suzuka

Turn 7 Spain 

a lot people has problems there including me
i try different setups don't help,normally i spun out
and using full traction control

I hear you, a very difficult corner to master; to fast on the throttle you spin to late and you lose a lot of time. I struggle even more with turns 14/15 but this is off topic regarding this post.

2018_spain_track_map.png

Nothing needing to be fixed will be fixed. Just more skins and paints for $$$.  

The bump is bad just like not having a single laser scanned track us bad. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Nothing needing to be fixed will be fixed. Just more skins and paints for $$$.  

The bump is bad just like not having a single laser scanned track us bad. 

True, no chance that anything but minor issues will be fixed in patches at this late stage. That's actually common sense though from Codies as they don't want a change to kill the game off as the run in to the next one will be starting soon. I'd be more depressed if they were not planning any laser scanning for 2020. How can they boast about realism (actually do they claim that at all? If not they SHOULD do!) if every track has been drawn with the vagueness of a police sketch artist? 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

The game is a joke. The bump is there for years and we are complaining every version. Then the have time for skins?? Instead of really fixing a game. It is a bloody joke. 

• Agree 3

On 12/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, sanderu1983 said:

The game is a joke. The bump is there for years and we are complaining every version. Then the have time for skins?? Instead of really fixing a game. It is a bloody joke. 

@sanderu1983

I wholeheartedly agree that if the devs have NOT found time to fix the Suzuka bump(as one of the many things wrong), and did find time to make and sell more skins, it makes it very obvious how wrongly distributed their priorities are. 
We're dealing with next level incompetence mixed with greed here. 

One could make a better game to sell more and make more money but why do it? if you can go for short-term gain and try to squeeze out the few people that haven't written you and your game off yet for every last penny? Codemasters is oggling EA's worst company award it seems. Trying to sell cosmetic DLC for a broken game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to remind some people that the employees working on the track geometry may not be the same as those who are working on 2d car textures ūüôā¬†

There are different teams for (Technical Design/) Level Design, Environment Art and Vehicle Art for example. It's even possible that the vehicle art is created in a studio that is over 10 000 kilometres away!

So basically having more skins most likely takes no resources from the team that is working on the track meshes.

Edited by UP100
Added something about KL studio.
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

On 12/24/2019 at 11:14 PM, UP100 said:

I'm going to remind some people that the employees working on the track geometry may not be the same as those who are working on 2d car textures ūüôā¬†

There are different teams for (Technical Design/) Level Design, Environment Art and Vehicle Art for example. It's even possible that the vehicle art is created in a studio that is over 10 000 kilometres away!

So basically having more skins most likely takes no resources from the team that is working on the track meshes.ÔĽŅ

So you are saying there's actually a team working on level design? What have they been doing all these years lol? 

I don't think there's anyone working on this game anymore except for the DLC boys and honestly, shame on them if they really feel this is a state they can leave a 55 euro's game in. With features not working and hilarious oversights like this remaining in the games for every new version, no matter how many times they are reported. 

but the worst part is: NOONE IS TELLING US ANYTHING. we have no idea why it hasn't been fixed for this one and if it is being worked on for the next one? 
@BarryBL has been writing a lot for 7 weeks now.. the results of which have not been revealed to us yet.. The devs are telling us nothing about their future plans with the game. Either because they don't have any or because codemasters does not allow them? Who can tell. 

It Honestly just feels like they're waiting to announce the new game comes out in may and hope we forget this horrible version ever existed.
But i hope they realize it will be very hard for people to get interested in the new game, when this one was o so bad and litteraly ZERO effort has been done to fix any of the issues, some of which have been around for years, some have been introduced in this game.

This bump is THE perfect example for how codemasters fails to identify and fix issues with the CORE of the game. this should have been a day 1 hotfix with a "terribly sorry this snuck passed testing guys.. we're as embarrassed as we should be" note. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

It's appalling that codemasters refuse to fix the tracks in a officially licenced F1 game.

Where have they said they refuse to do it? They may have different priorities to us, and that's often frustrating, but making stuff up about what they have or haven't said doesn't help.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Confused 1

On 29 December 2019 at 3:48 PM, Bicarda said:

So you are saying there's actually a team working on level design? What have they been doing all these years lol? 

I don't think there's anyone working on this game anymore except for the DLC boys and honestly, shame on them if they really feel this is a state they can leave a 55 euro's game in. With features not working and hilarious oversights like this remaining in the games for every new version, no matter how many times they are reported. 

but the worst part is: NOONE IS TELLING US ANYTHING. we have no idea why it hasn't been fixed for this one and if it is being worked on for the next one? 
@BarryBL has been writing a lot for 7 weeks now.. the results of which have not been revealed to us yet.. The devs are telling us nothing about their future plans with the game. Either because they don't have any or because codemasters does not allow them? Who can tell. 

It Honestly just feels like they're waiting to announce the new game comes out in may and hope we forget this horrible version ever existed.
But i hope they realize it will be very hard for people to get interested in the new game, when this one was o so bad and litteraly ZERO effort has been done to fix any of the issues, some of which have been around for years, some have been introduced in this game.

This bump is THE perfect example for how codemasters fails to identify and fix issues with the CORE of the game. this should have been a day 1 hotfix with a "terribly sorry this snuck passed testing guys.. we're as embarrassed as we should be" note. 

Couldn't have put it better myself,

i totally agree and if codemasters actually bother to listen then no one would need to post the above 

all the bugs have been put in since day one release and I've explain why and if you read Barry s and others it explains it all,

it doesn't help wheel users one bit lol

On 24 December 2019 at 10:14 PM, UP100 said:

So basically having more skins most likely takes no resources from the team that is working on the track meshes.

You have a good point there,

what it means is one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing,

sorry UP100 I couldn't resist that and no harm intended ūüéĮ

• Agree 1

one very easy question to answer: Will the bump be removed in f1 2020? If not, that means you don't care at all. Even(again) the pro f1 drivers have complained about the bump that it's not there in real life. 

Turn 11 in Catalunya (where the camber of the corner throws you off) and also the bump in Suzuka really need a bit of a rework.  Think they did rework some of the chicanes for 2019 so guess there’s always a chance. 

Of course laser scanning of all tracks would be ideal but I know that would be a bit too much to ask for with the two new tracks having to be modelled as well with the new game, but definitely hope they could do it later down the line. 

I would be very happy if they would fix the critical bugs. I don't care about the colors of a curb. Or a white line that isn't there. But the bump is really critical because it ruins the japanese circuit for me. AI goes full power after the chicane. We have to be carefull until the bump.