Sign in to follow this  

Fix Suzuka Bump PLS

hey codemasters,

is it possible to fix the suzuka bump finally?

• Agree 3

Ha I just finished a race on Suzuka in my career and also thought that bump was a bit much (just before the main straight). The only way to mitigate it is to accelerate towards the outside of the corner (on the left handside) while keeping the car as straight as possible until after the bump.

Posted (edited)

I agree with this. Onboard shots of last year's race or even video evidence, the bump isn't as violate as what the game portrays it to be. 

Hot lap of last year's race. 

Another note as well on this onboard video. Hamilton doesn't downshift like we do in the game. Going into 1st gear in game shouldn't be a thing. Can't do it in real life then why can we do it in the game? 

I think the game should punish you for driving that aggressive. 

Edited by inspiretheworld
Grammer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

Hamilton doesn't downshift like we do in the game. Going into 1st gear in game shouldn't be a thing. Can't do it in real life then why can we do it in the game? 

If you turn off traction control assist you won't use 1st gear either. It's spin city otherwise! 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

If you turn off traction control assist you won't use 1st gear either. It's spin city otherwise! 

I don't use traction control !

You clearly don't watch the esport drivers. Take a trip to YouTube and watch them. 

Edited by inspiretheworld

1 hour ago, inspiretheworld said:

I don't use traction control !

You clearly don't watch the esport drivers. Take a trip to YouTube and watch them. 

Why on earth would I waste my time watching tcam footage? Ugh times a million! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/26/2019 at 6:58 AM, kevinkirk said:

doesnt that depend on what car setup your using?

Only up to a point. With 100KG+ fuel, it's basically impossible not to spin whilst going flat out, no matter the setup.

Only after about 20 laps does the lower fuel load make the car more forward-balanced enough and going full throttle becomes easier.

But that's besides the point. It doesn't even exist in reality, no reason for it to be so severe in-game.

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

The typhoon will flush the bump away tomorrow. Codies will fix this immediately as always. I can't wait till monday!

• Haha 1

The bump before the main straight is definitely way too harsh and I hope they fix that in the near future or at least next few games.

Regarding 1st gear:

The first gear is faster in many corners like spain hairpin, Bahrain T1 & T8 as it gives the car more turn-in due to extreme engine braking. Esports drivers and experienced league racers know about this and use it as the cars in-game unrealistically lack overall mechanical grip (the grip that comes from the suspension geometry as the downforce effect only starts at a specific speed/airflow) compared to IRL. Watch some IRL & game onboards of tracks with hairpins or tight corners side by side and you will see that the IRL cars turn way faster around slow corners like hairpins. If they increase mechanical grip and reduce the strength of the engine braking then 1st gear will never be faster except Monaco hairpin.

I don't really like Suzuka, but that bump isn't bad once you get the line.

Coming into it, keep all the way Right and hug the inside line/apex while keeping your eyes UP to the corner exit down the left side of the straight. Short shift from 3 to 4 there and you can open up the throttle while you unwind the wheel back down the straight.

In other words, keep it right and you take the bump straight on. I was going straight left for a long time like another poster suggested. It was a mess until I realized I had to clean up my line.

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Coming into it, keep all the way Right and hug the inside line/apex while keeping your eyes UP to the corner exit down the left side of the straight. Short shift from 3 to 4 there and you can open up the throttle while you unwind the wheel back down the straight.

In other words, keep it right and you take the bump straight on. I was going straight left for a long time like another poster suggested. It was a mess until I realized I had to clean up my line.

It's definitely avoidable once you've done enough practice there, like for example a full length race. Hope yours went well! 

:classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's definitely avoidable once you've done enough practice there, like for example a full length race. Hope yours went well! 

:classic_biggrin:

It is Sunday and I am positive it won't go well! Lmao

Just asked what stream it is and will send it.

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Can't agree with that on 100KG fuel. There is just no way to take it reliably flat. Once you get to 70KG or so fuel, it seems more manageable, but before that it just randomly bottoms out and spears you out to the right, unless you run 10-10 ride height, which is not realistic as you just lose tons of downforce in the first 2 sectors.

I took the left line to avoid it completely. Means a little extra work to plant the car in the right direction but you can go flat out as long as making sure to keep the car from oversteering onto the grass. Or watching an ai car doesn't try pass you on the inside as they appear unaffected by the road surface. It's definitely badly modeled but not a game breaker once you know it's there and have enough practice to ignore it. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Can't agree with that on 100KG fuel. There is just no way to take it reliably flat. Once you get to 70KG or so fuel, it seems more manageable, but before that it just randomly bottoms out and spears you out to the right, unless you run 10-10 ride height, which is not realistic as you just lose tons of downforce in the first 2 sectors.

Valid points. I've been testing for my 100% coming up. Don't bump the ride height so high, but stiffen your springs.  

It is 53 laps. Is 100kg fuel for 53 laps or are you over fueling the car?

If you take a lot of curb on the left before going right into that bump/straight, it will help get the car over.  

Still as you know if you race with that much fuel, sacrifices have to me made. Running 3 4 springs and similar height just won't do well.

This game's tuning is very sub par as it is, as evidence by identical camber and toe on every Hotlap top time from Monaco to Monza.

11 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I took the left line to avoid it completely. Means a little extra work to plant the car in the right direction but you can go flat out as long as making sure to keep the car from oversteering onto the grass. Or watching an ai car doesn't try pass you on the inside as they appear unaffected by the road surface. It's definitely badly modeled but not a game breaker once you know it's there and have enough practice to ignore it. 

True. I have a problem not carrying enough speed into that section since the chicane is blind. At least in cockpit it is.

I just did it with a full tank and regular Hotlap setup. On Standard fuel and medium ers, short shift to 4th and you will be still giving more throttle..after the bump you will go into 5th WOT.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DaleRossi said:

I just did it with a full tank and regular Hotlap setup. On Standard fuel and medium ers, short shift to 4th and you will be still giving more throttle..after the bump you will go into 5th WOT.

For sure short shifting there is vital to keep traction as well. I learned so much from watching real life hot laps which taught me to use pretty much a gear higher on every corner. Gassing it in 3rd with no TC won't end well there! 

:classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

Excuse the bloom, but I did this quickly. Medium tires, 100% race fuel with no underfueling. 

Not the cleanest, but it will give an idea. This is with a leader board hotlap setup, no extended ride height or springs etc.