Fed up— rain and AI in the rain

I think there is no problem with speed or grip of AI in the rain. If you choose the right difficulty.

The problem for me is, i'm not a good rain driver and the AI drives every lap perfect like a robot. It is ok to have a bigger challenge in the rain like the years before, but it would be better for immersion if the AI would struggle too from time to time. Would be great if you could clearly notice the better and the worse rain driver and if you would see some missed break points, some sliding at corner exit from AI.

Sometimes they gain time and sometimes they loose time due to small failures. This would bring this game one step foreward to reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Encarnia said:

With default setup and 85% difficulty I am normally a few tenths clear of my teammate in the dry. In the Mclaren in season 1 I can comfortably quality between p7 and p10 and I have no trouble racing the AI. In the dry the game feels great to me. The wet however is a different story. In qualy I really struggle to even get through Q1. Now I don't mind that it's a lot more difficult to drive in the rain, I enjoy that challenge even. But it seems like the AI isn't struggling at all or isn't balanced quite the same as in the dry. Even with a near perfect lap in the rain I am a second slower then my teammate. And that's something I've never had before, and I've been playing every single installment of the CM F1 game since 2010. So it feels like something in the wet isn't quite lining up in the grip that I have and the grip the AI has.

In the wet races so far I've had to manage the engine modes really carefully to keep the AI off my back. But the cars in front just disappear into the distance. So very curious if I'm doing something wrong, or there is indeed something that I experience that the AI's aren't troubled with.

It's happening to me as well. There are also people saying the speed is alright. Codies are having a look, IMO there is something to be balanced. This is the first time I'm having this problem. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, joserdcosta said:

It's happening to me as well. There are also people saying the speed is alright. Codies are having a look, IMO there is something to be balanced. This is the first time I'm having this problem. 

Yeah we had super aggressive AI in 2013 but his is the first time I've had a problem with wet AI .I've noticed it's screwed up the practice programs as well. TBH I've put my career on hold for now to play other games and hope they fix it because in the condition it's in I can't play it.

• Sad 1

Yeah I think there is an issue too, purely because some wet races are okay, I have to push harder and be more accurate (pretty much expected in tough weather) but other races the AI can race like its less than it really is, same in qualifying, especially the interchanging weather, they can push much faster sooner than the weather dries. I can really struggle then!

Main issue seems to be that AI don't lose grip as fast as the player does in changing conditions.

AI Skill level should match in rain or dry. There are no instructions with the game for beginners (how to manage ERS or car setups or even making changes like that for rain will help). And none of this explains why AI cars are posting faster laps in rain than they did in dry in the same race. That part makes no sense. Yes, the AI are adjusting for rain but there’s no way they should be improving lap time on the rAin. I don’t mean they are posting faster laps than me (they are) but also faster laps than they did earlier in the race when it was dry. 

And the other, main issue, that no one responds to is that it has rained in 9 out of 12 races in my season so far. That’s just stupid. Happens even when rain is not forecasted.  Not fun. I wouldn’t care at all about my drop in performance if the frequency was more realistic. 

• Agree 1

No Assists really isn't hard in this game. You cant mash the gas in lower gears with the wheel rotated and you have to be smooth with the throttle. That part is at least realistic. Compared to PCars, Assetto Corsa, and even Forza on Sim with no assists, F1 19 isn't as tough as it is built up.

Do a 25% race in the dry with no assists and just turn damage off. By the end of the race, you'll have it and wonder why you were using them at all in the first place. 

Point being, once you get that, everything in the rain will make more sense. There are a lot of different setup changes to make depending on if it is just wet or if it is a downpour.

Hard to set up for rain when the forecast is dry and the race starts as dry.

4 hours ago, 1henryw said:

Hard to set up for rain when the forecast is dry and the race starts as dry.

Indeed I don't mind a weather forecast being wrong from time to time as it helps to mix the race up in unpredictable ways so I can certainly see the benefit. But when you have an AI that suddenly turn into rocket ships in the wet and you don't know it's going to be wet it's going to get nasty. Again it's one of the main reason why I put my career on hold because the last thing I want  to be frustrated by is an AI that I can't race and go toe to toe with.

6 hours ago, Beast70 said:

And the other, main issue, that no one responds to is that it has rained in 9 out of 12 races in my season so far. That’s just stupid. Happens even when rain is not forecasted.  Not fun. I wouldn’t care at all about my drop in performance if the frequency was more realistic. 

I think thats just bad luck for you. It’s random and the frequency seems realistic to me, but the nature of random means someone will get loads and probably someone hasn’t got any!

I don’t think there’s a problem with the frequency in my experience.

Also, i’ve literally never seen the f’cast be wrong in any CM F1 game (playing since F12010). It’s actually a pet peeve of mine that it’s not really a f’cast, it’s more of a this is what the weather will be. If it says rain 50% through the race it will rain half way through the race without fail. And if it doesn’t f’cast rain, none will ever come and surprise you.

I’ve had rain several race at the end without it being forecast so it can happen. 
The rain probably mechanics has been flawed and reported flawed for several years. 

The AI always seem to know when it will rain even if it's not forecast. So they always have perfect strategy, coming in just st the right moment for wet tyres etc.

16 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I think thats just bad luck for you. It’s random and the frequency seems realistic to me, but the nature of random means someone will get loads and probably someone hasn’t got any!

I don’t think there’s a problem with the frequency in my experience.

Also, i’ve literally never seen the f’cast be wrong in any CM F1 game (playing since F12010). It’s actually a pet peeve of mine that it’s not really a f’cast, it’s more of a this is what the weather will be. If it says rain 50% through the race it will rain half way through the race without fail. And if it doesn’t f’cast rain, none will ever come and surprise you.

I've been playing since 2010 as well and I've had a few that have been wrong but I don't have a problem with that as I've been able to adapt iand it also mixes things up when it does which I consider good it's more how the AI are now in the rain that is the problem.

So just a heads up, not the best driver but get by on 75 diffculty

Have a maxed out renault in s2 and am light years ahead of the pack

Gpt to hokenheim and realised the race was gonna be wet for abot 90% of race so ran a wet setup for quali and got to 8th. Race comes and i just got smashed. Finished 12th. Very frustrating cause not only was i blown out by the top team in quali because i had a wet setup, i was still blown away in the race. Go figure.

Again im not the best player but I enjoy doing some laps while in a chat party with my freinds and im trying to improve but its so frustrating for me when the race or qualifying is wet because I almost concede defeat before the race weekend begins.

I recognize it isnt an easy soloution because from what ive watched on youtube and twitch the best racers seem to have little issues but I feel this has alienated alot of the casual racers in the game or people that wouldnt consider yourselves and elite player and when i play other games (namely nba 2k which i probably consider myself a higher teir player) its extremely annoying when games are catered for the casual

56 minutes ago, PublicEnemyAU said:

So just a heads up, not the best driver but get by on 75 diffculty

Have a maxed out renault in s2 and am light years ahead of the pack

Gpt to hokenheim and realised the race was gonna be wet for abot 90% of race so ran a wet setup for quali and got to 8th. Race comes and i just got smashed. Finished 12th. Very frustrating cause not only was i blown out by the top team in quali because i had a wet setup, i was still blown away in the race. Go figure.

Again im not the best player but I enjoy doing some laps while in a chat party with my freinds and im trying to improve but its so frustrating for me when the race or qualifying is wet because I almost concede defeat before the race weekend begins.

I recognize it isnt an easy soloution because from what ive watched on youtube and twitch the best racers seem to have little issues but I feel this has alienated alot of the casual racers in the game or people that wouldnt consider yourselves and elite player and when i play other games (namely nba 2k which i probably consider myself a higher teir player) its extremely annoying when games are catered for the casual

Yeah I have to admit I'm considering the idea that I may revert to a version before CM made the AI change if CM don' t fix it. Because I'd rather the AI be too slow than where it is atm. But that will be more of a last resort scenario that I hope I don' t have to use because I know you can do that through Steam. I just hope I don't have to.