Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 VR Oculus DLCs and Multiplayer

Posted (edited)

Can someone please tell me when we (Oculus version users) will finally get the same content the Steam version has ? Also when will we be able to finally play in multiplayer too ?
So far when you look for an online game in Dirt Rally 2.0 it always says nobody/ no game is available .... I dont believe that with all the people buying this game for Oculus nobody wants to play in multiplayer.

I want to play with other players why I cannot ? 

@Codemasters could you please be so kind to answer my questions ?

Edited by koog2003

3 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Can someone please tell me when we (Oculus version users) will finally get the same content the Steam version has ? Also when will we be able to finally play in multiplayer too ?
So far when you look for an online game in Dirt Rally 2.0 it always says nobody/ no game is available .... I dont believe that with all the people buying this game for Oculus nobody wants to play in multiplayer.

I want to play with other players why I cannot ? 

@Codemasters could you please be so kind to answer my questions ?

DLC: Plans not finalised yet, hence no announcement.

Multiplayer: No version of the game has cross-platform multiplayer, not even Steam. Leaderboards and Clubs are entirely cross-platform.

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Multiplayer: No version of the game has cross-platform multiplayer, not even Steam. Leaderboards and Clubs are entirely cross-platform.

I would understand a game not being cross-platform HW-platform wise (even while it's technically possible). But why to split PC users into 2 separate platforms? Someone lost his mind or so?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I would understand a game not being cross-platform HW-platform wise (even while it's technically possible). But why to split PC users into 2 separate platforms? Someone lost his mind or so?

My guess is it is because of Oculus policy. Even though it is apparently possible  (https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/agulnm/what_games_have_crossplay_between_oculus_home_and/) only few games have multiplatform cross play. I agree with you this is totally crazy and it badly affects the users experience. 
 As a comparison think about the Playstation environment no games have cross play with Xbox or with PC. This because Sony does not want it.

Personally it would be already a lot to be able to have the same content of the Steam users. To me it is very difficult to understand why we did not get the same things from day 1 but we, instead, are told it will come "at a later date". Not better defined it could be weeks, months or years .... nice isnt it ? A bit of clarity would be really nice to have @Codemasters.

Regarding the game itself it is a masterpiece IMHO. Codemasters made it absolutely great. Why not making it fantastic and enabling crossplay and the DLCs for Oculus ?

Edited by koog2003