The Pacenotes Thread

Use this thread to write down any wrong or missing pacenotes you come across. This should make it easier for the devs to add them (if they are able to at some point). In order for them to find the location you are referring to on the stage, I guess a video would be most helpful, but a good description could also work. 

I'll start- Those bridges with no sides in New Zealand definitely need a "Caution!" before each one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

good topic a share video clip whith pace note error or missing  😉 

• Like 2

spain comienzo de belriu for tarmac i use group B  with hard tyre  why ? because is most difficult  car now i start lets go 

-1:38 is not dont cut  left 2 long ....   the turn is dont cut  left 1  open ..... because this turn is very slow 

-1:43 is not right 5 in sky  warning  close 2 long   the turn is right 5   warning into right 1   because the turn is very dangerous and he is similar than square 

-2:10 is not left 4 close   3 on  bridge  ,  the turn is slow ( or warning)  left 3 close 1 on bridge  because you go down on the road and when you go faster  before the bridge with braking and inertia of car is possible to leave the road 

-2:15 is not left 4 open into right 5  the turn is left 2 right 3 open 

-2:22 is right 4  the turn is right 2 ( damn look my brake in second gear is slow turn )

-2:25 is not right  4 open 6   the turn is right 3 open 4 

-2:39 is not left 3 long close 2   the turn is left 2 close 1  ( again very slow turn )

- 2:45 is not right 1 long   the turn is hairpin right  

-2:51  is not small cut left 3 long      the turn is left 2  ( why , if you go in left 3 cut you car is jumping and touch the part of the mountain  on right )

- 2:53 is not right 3 long    the turn is hairpin short 

-3:02 is not right 4 left 4 long into right 5 into cut left 3 long  this pace is very high  the turn right 2 left 3 long  into right 3 into small cut left 2 

-3:19 is not right 3  the turn is right 2

- 3:23 is not left 4 the turn is left 3 long ( because with breaking ( or slow) and car inertia go on right on the road so you loose time if want cut  ) and the angle  of turn go to left ( the part of the road is not flat )

-3:32 is not left 4 cut  the turn is left 2 cut 

-3:56 this part of road is very dangerous  because you go down and  you listen turn with 6 , 5 , 6  and clearly  the pace on this part is very high ( sometimes i touch the mountain  because the pace not is not good if look part clearly i am on the limit and is impossible to push more the car.

-4:23 is not right 2 close into left left 2 long  the turn is right 1 into hairpin left long ( because you down of road so you need more breaking for you take the correctly

-4:31 is not sky  right 3 long close  the turn is  slow right 3 long close 1  ( i dont know why he said sky and he not said the angle of turn  he said  close  but not number at the end of turn 

-5:04  is not left 6 extra long close  4   the turn is left 4 close 2 (because  you on go on straigh line and after the turn start in 4  and close in 2  the distance between the 2 turn is very short )

5:33 is not left 3 close  the turn is left 1 

5:50 is not left 2 close the turn is left 1 ( maybe you add close )

6:16 is not right  2 small cut  the turn is  right 1 ( because if you go fast ( and if you cut 2 too)  you touch the barrier

6:45 is not right max  50 meters  left 3 long   the turn is slow right 5 into left 2 ( because after he said 50 meters  the left  turn is  announced very late  that why i loose my turn ) ( need remove 50 meters and put the turn early )

7:14 is not right 1 long close   the turn is hairpin right 

7:29 is not right 2 close  the turn is right 1 

8:18  is not left 5 long    the turn is left 4 long 

8 40 is not left 4 extra extra long  open    the turn   is left 4  extra long close 3  ( look the end of turn is close not open )9:00 is not left 4 long close  the turn is left 2 ( because the turn is not long   ( clearly not ) 

9:20 is not right 3 close     the turn is right 2 (  because the turn is not close )

9:28  is not left 2 close   the turn  is hairpin left  ( because you see the end of rally in left on 9:21   ( is hide by the  mountain is clearly hairpin not left 2 )

• Sad 1

for me i listen lot pace note error on spain and poland ,

for new zeland  the problem is  you listen sometime    left 1 close or left 2 close but in real the turn is hairpin 

in new zeland  i listen 1 big error , in the  forest the co driver said left 2 close but the turn is square left 

for australia   in forest  and you listen  left 2 or left 1 close    when you go down  you turn and go up  but the turn is hairpin 

and you have 2 chain  turn left 2 and right 2 but this turn is hairpin  too( this turn is before the barrier  ,

in germany  i listen 1 bad turn after the forest part    is announced right 4  and after you go down   ( the turn is before a lot a spectator  and the rock ) and i go fast but sometimes i loose my rear car and i touch the rock  ,

in monte carlo  the co-driver dont said if the hairpin is  frozen  ,  need add " hairpin ice "  the précision is important for this turn

sweden  the square turn in D.R 1.0 is announced in left 2 close  clearly square is better 

i come back very  soon with clip the long video is only for spain and poland 

final de bellriu the error is simillilar than comienzo de bellriu ( because is  reverse track ) now i add hud ( you see my speed , my  turbo pressure ...)   the list more short but look list of comienzo .

- 0:37 is not left 4 early     the turn is left 2 

-1:45 is not left 5 early   right 3 close     the turn is left 4  right 2

-2:10 is not slow left 5 in sky long into right 3      the turn is  slow left 3  into right 2    ( i explain because if you go fast on left 5 you jump and you touch the rock on the mountain )

-2:59 is not right 5 extra extra long close into sky     the turn is right 4 close 2   ( and after you add sky really after )   (  the turn close  before the sky   and after this turn you have sky  the turn no close in sky  clearly not    )

-4:52 is not  left 2 long close late        the turn is  hairpin left short 

-4:59 is not right 4 long close 3 in sky      the turn right 3  close 2 in sky   ( why you add long ? the distance between the turns is short )

- 5:24 is not right 5 long close 3 long            the turn is right 4 close 2 in sky ( why i add sky ? because you go up )

-5:35 the sector 6 the pace is too much high   really bad parts 

- 6:13  is not right 3 small cut  into left 4     the turn is right 2 ( small cut maybe ) into  left 2 

- 6:31 sector 7 the pace is too much high and you have 2 hairpin ( look comienzo de bellriu )

-7:30 is not  left 3 close      the turn is left 2 ( the turn is not close )

- 7:33 is not  slow left 4 right 4  open      the turn is slow left 2 right 2 open  ( because you come fast and you go down   with brake and car inertia if you come fast you touch the barrier and bridge )

Posted (edited)

vinedos dentro del valle parra  , ascenco por valle gualet acenco bosquet montverd ,salida desde montverd  is small part of final de belllriu  and comienzo de bellriu  ( look this 2 track error list )

Edited by gk9147

Posted (edited)

Co driver works fine in German. 

And yeah, I drove each location with about 20km/h to check it. 

Just don't get confused.

Edited by DessIntress

2 hours ago, DessIntress said:

Co driver works fine in German. 

And yeah, I drove each location with about 20km/h to check it. 

Just don't get confused.

with fast car sometime the pace note is late  ,  and if you want find problem not drive in 20 km/h because when i said the right 4 and the turn go down the  car jump so you loose the rear or sliding , if you drive in 20 km/h you not see if the turn  difficult or not because you is slow  and the car is sticked on the floor , now i give you example   imagine you have 4 same turn on gravel   ( the name for all turn  is left 4 and the angle of this turn is same  ) now look .

-for  the  first turn  is only flat  so you have no problem  when you start the the turn and you finish is very easy  so the name of turn is " left 4"  nice  

-for second  turn you  you have jump in midle of turn  so you start the turn you slow( and you add more angles on you steering wheel  because if you jump with same speed than turn  you go in trees  so this left 4 is not left 4  now its call  "left 3 jump " or" left 3 over crest"

example on game : finland ( finland come in soon 😉 )

-for the third turn  is left 4 again but the turn in  midle  go down in left ,    so is very easy to take turn    so name of turn is "left 4 +" or "   left 5" 

exemple on game : wales the forest part 

-for fourth turn  is left 4  but the but the turn in midle go down in right  , so the turn is more difficult because you want go on left but the car go on right  for take this turn  you need go to very slow  so the name  of turn is " left 2" or "caution left 3"   because the turn is dangerous and difficult 

exemple on game : poland and australia 

for good pace note  you need  

1 type of road ( tarmac , gravel , mixed  .....)

2 angle of turn ( 1,2,3,4.. square , hairpin ...)

3 the chain of turn 

- fast chain turn ( left 5 into right 6 into left 6 )

- normal  chain turn ( left 3 , right 4 , left 4 ...)

- slow chain turn ( left 2 into right 1 left 1 .... )

- mixed chain  start fast finish slow ( left 5 into right 6 into left 2 into right 1)

start slow finish fast ( right 1 , left 2 , right 1 into left 5 into right 6 )

4 road physics  (  jump , bump ,  the road go down in left  , the road go down in right  ......)

with this 4 parts is possible to create very good pace note i share the video to explain more easyly  

centenera  

- 0:35 is not right 3 open     the turn is right 2 ( maybe open )

-0:42 is not left 1 long        the turn is hairpin left  

-0:47 is not right 3 close     the turn is right 1 

-1:01 is not left 5 extra long       the turn is left 3 ( maybe left 4 ) 

-1:11 is not left 6 into right 5 close      the turn left 4 into right 3   (  not close at the end )

-2:52 is not left 1 close                the turn is hairpin left 

-2:58 is not left 2               the turn is left 1 

-3:06 is not right 2 close 1     the turn is hide hairpin right  close 

- 3:37 is not right 1 long close       the turn is hairpin right 

- 4:47 is not right 4            the turn is right 3 ( because you come very fast )

- 4:48 is not right 6 open        the turn is right 4 open 

-5:03 not sky in max            because you turn directly after sky and you have  small jump sensation   the turn  is right 5 in sky 

-5:10 is not left 5 in sky           the turn is left 4 dont cut  ( because you have barrier )

-5:26 is not right 4 long open            the turn  is right 3 long   ( if you go more open you go to the rock )

-5:53 is not left long in sky                the turn is  left  4 long   

camino a  centenera

-1:10 is not left 5 early     the turn is left 3 

-1:26 is not left 6 long close    the turn is left 3

- 1:46  is not into right 4 in sky       the turn right 3 in sky  

-2:00 is not right 3 close           the turn is right 2 ( the turn not close )

-2:27 is nnot left 4 long               the turn is left 2 close

-2:45 is left 2 long close and open        the turn is hairpin left   

-3:03 is not left 2 close                the turn is  hairpin left 

- 3:12    is not left 2 extra long open            the turn is hairpin left  ( yes again )

-3:28 is not right 1 long open         the turn is hairpin right   

- 4:11  is not left 3 close                the turn is left 2   (  and is not close )

- 4:55 is not right 5 cut           the turn is right 4 ( or right 3) because  you have bump on the grass in right  you have lot of chance to loose a control 

-5:20 is right 4 long             the turn is right 3 

- 5:40 is not dont cut left 2 long  into  right 2             the turn   is dont cut left 1  (  not long ) into  hairpin right long 

vinedos dardegna inversa , vinedos dardena , descenco por cartera and subida de cartera is small parts version  of this 2 stages 

Posted (edited)

If you drive 20km/h then it's more like a recce. That's ideal to check if the pace notes are wrong. 

And late is not wrong, it's late or you are too slow. Depends on the view. 

But yeah, I see where it ends. Only your opinion is the correct way. Like all the 5 is 4 and and 4 is 3.

Why is the 4 a 3 and not a 4?

How about get used to it and understand that a 4 is a 4, a 5 a 5 and so on, not 5 is 4, 4 is 3, 3 is 2. The angle etc also matters. 

Just get used to this single number, if you think it's wrong, instead of complaining that every number should be lowered by one. 

Just my opinion... 

Edited by DessIntress

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DessIntress said:

If you drive 20km/h then it's more like a recce. That's ideal to check if the pace notes are wrong. 

And late is not wrong, it's late or you are too slow. Depends on the view. 

But yeah, I see where it ends. Only your opinion is the correct way. Like all the 5 is 4 and and 4 is 3.

Why is the 4 a 3 and not a 4?

How about get used to it and understand that a 4 is a 4, a 5 a 5 and so on, not 5 is 4, 4 is 3, 3 is 2. The angle etc also matters. 

Just get used to this single number, if you think it's wrong, instead of complaining that every number should be lowered by one. 

Just my opinion... 

because is it rally game and listen pace note  is very important , personnally i buy  rally game is not for drive in hillclimb  , and in  rally game when you drive with big rain in night  in cokpit wiews  is more difficult than   players drive in third person or e-sport driver in  hood wiews  , i drive in copkpit wiews  that why for me  is very important .

in official rally  for recognize stage is 80 km/h not 20 km/h

Edited by gk9147

zarobka  poland 

- 0:35 is not right 4 tight      the turn is right 2 tight    

- 1:16  is not right 4 long in sky          the turn is right 2 in sky  ( because the turn go down in left , difficult turn )

-  1:39 is  not left 6 right 3              the turn is left 4  right 2  

zagorze

- 6:39 jump and right 4        the turn is jump and right 2 

-9:10 is not left 4 tight        the turn is left 2 tight  

jezioro rotcze 

-  1:32 is not close 3           is close 1

- 1:50 is not right 6 in left 6 max  right 5 close 4         the turn right 5 in left 3  in right 3 

-2:10 is not left 6 close 4          the turn left 4 close 2

-2:17 is not right 4 left 4             the turn is right 3 left 2 

- 3:08 is not open 6 long           the turn is  jump right  4 long 

- 4:05    is not left 3 long close            the turn is left 2 close 1

-6:32 is not right 3 sky                         the turn is right 2 sky 

zienki 

-  1:07 is not left 4        the turn is left 2 

-1:42   is not right 4 long         the turn is right 2 ( not long )

- 2:47  is not left 3 long           the turn is left 1 

-3:30   is not  right 3 long              the turn is right 1 

-5:36   is not left 4               the turn is left 2

-5:39 is not 30 meters  left 5 cut into right 5 long                 the turn is left 2 dont cut  into right 3 open ( remove 30 meters because the distance is more short than 30 meters )

-6:24  is not right 3 long           the turn is right 2 ( not long )

- 7:22   is left 5   but you should add cut        is jump left 5 cut ( or small cut )

mount kaye pass

-0:45 is not  left 5 long close 4     the turn is left 3 long 

- 0:54  is not left 3 into right 3 sky          the turn is left 2 into  right 2 sky   

-1:04 is not right 4         the is right 2 

- 1:08 is not left 2 close donc cut  right 2         the turn is left 1 dont cut  right 1 open  on bridge 

-1:29  is not left 6 long in sky               the turn is left 4   ( look my car slide and my low speed  seiously is not 6 )

-2:58 is not caution right 2 close   left 2            the turn is caution right 1   left 1   ( the turn is not close again )

- 4:29  is right 5 long close 2                      the turn is  slow hairpin short

-4:45  is not left 6 long 5 in sky                     the turn is left 5 long 3 in sky

- 5:00 is not left 5 long close 3 long          yhe turn is left 3 close 2 long 

- 5:15  is not right 6 close 3                      the turn   is caution  right 4  long into hairpin right

- 5:32   is not now right 3                            the turn is right 1  (  because you down in the road so inertia and sliding car is big )

-6:20  the turn is not left 1 close                 the turn is hairpin     ( the turn not close )

-6:26 is not right 4                             the turn is right 1

-6:55 is not left 1 close                               the turn is hairpin left 

- 7:33 is not right 2 close                            the turn is right 1 ( very slow and dangerous turn especially on mud ) and is not close

mount kaye reverse 

- 1:05 is close 3 tight in sky                is close 2 tight  in sky ( left turn is slow )

- 1:55  is not right 4 long close          the turn is hairpin right  ( you is on straight line why right 4 ?)

-2:02 is not left 3 close                          the turn is left 2 ( maybe 1 open )

- 2:13 is not sky left 1                                     the turn is hairpin left short 

-2:30  is not hide right 2 close                           the turn is hairpin right   ( and why hide  ? i see the start of turn so is not hide )

- 2:37  is left 4 close 3                                      the turn is left  1 long close 

-2:47 is not left 3 close                                 turn is left 1 

- 2:54  is right 2 close  into left 2 sky close               the turn is hairpin right into left 1 sky

-3:21  is not left 3                                   turn is left 2 

-3:37  is not left  4 jump close 2                     is left 4 jump ( ok)  hairpin left 

-4:13 is not left 3                          yurn is left 1 

-4:16 is not right 3                      turn is right 1 

- 4:18 is left 4 long close 2              turn is left 2 into  hairpin left 

-5:14  is not right 3 long                   the turn is right3 close 1 

- 5:51 is caution right 3  left 2                     turn is caution   right 1  left 1

- 7:29  is not right max                           is  slow right 3  on bridge ( he said this turn )

- 7:37  is not dont cut left  2 and dont cut right 3                    turn is dont cut left 1      right 2  ( because  you see is impossible to cut on night and day )

-  8:21   the turn before the bridge is not close   3                    the turn is caution left 4 long  into left 1 on bridge

chandlers creek 

-0:13 remove 50 meters (  because when the co driver said right 90   he is very late ( very very )

-0:25 not left 3 long                   turn is left 2 long 

- 0:32 is not right 5 long close 2            turn is right 1  ( you is on straight line you not have left 5 )

-1:53   is not left 2 close tight                   turn is hairpin left tight 

-2:00  is not left 2 close              turn is left 1   ( maybe square left 

- 2:22 is not left 1 close dont cut        turn is hairpin left tight 

- 2:34 is not right 5 in sky close 3               turn is caution  hide  hairpin right long ( maybe extra long )

-2:49 is not right 4 long                           turn is right 2 long open 

-3:42  is not right 2 long                      turn is hairpin right tight ( maybe long)

-4:15  is not left 5 long sky                turn is left 3 long 

-4:27 is not right 5 close 3 long         turnis hide 3 long ( i no see the left 5 before 3 )

-5:22 is not left 3 close  2                 turn is left 2 close 1    or hide left 1 

-5:27 is not right 2 long                turn is hairpin right ( maybe long )

-5:59 is not right 4                     turn is right 3 ( maybe 2 )    because gravel tyre  the car is low grippy

chandlers creek reverse 

-1:03 is not left 5 right 5 long       turn is left 2 right2 long  

-2:58 is not left 5 extra long close 4          the turn is hide left 2 

-3:05 is not left 2 dont cut              turn is hairpin left tight 

-3:10  is not right 3 long close 2        turn is hairpin right long 

-3:51 is not left 5 long in sky close 4          the turn is slow left 2 in sky 

- 4:02  the turn is not left 5 long close 2            the turn is right 4 close 1

- 4:12   is not jump 5  right 4 long tight                   turn is jump left 3  into right 2 long close 1 

-4:41  is not right 3 long 2 close sky                           turn is hairpin right long 

-4:47   is not left 1                     turn is hairpin left 

-4:52 is not right 2                      turn is hairpin right 

-5:19  is not left 4 long close 3      turn is  left 2 close  or left 1 

-5:39 is not left 3 long in sky          turn is left 2 close 1

-5:53  is not dont cut  left 3 long     turn is hairpin right extra long 

-6:07  is not right 2 close                turn is hairpin right tight  

- 6:27 is not left 3 close                  turn is left 2 close 1

-6:32 is not right 2 close                turn is hairpin right 

-6:39 is not right 2 close                   is hairpin right tight

- 8:02is not left 4 in jump into 3               turn is jump left 2 close 

-8:06 is right 3 close 2                                     turnis right 2 close 1

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I see no chance to change such amount of  pacenotes. tbh I doubt you are going to be successful with convincing us you'are right this way

I went through all locations with cars from several classes and didn't noticed such amount of wrong information. There are some, but are occasional rather. Maybe it depends on the a car. More powerful older beasts might require different attitude of approaching turns. Also the faster you are going the narrower turn seems to be.

Edit:

I've just checked single turn from your last video (5:53). It's not hairpin as you are suggesting. Seems you don't know what it does mean sadly. And for sure it's not right turn. IMO this particular original pacenote is correct. Not want to spend time to verify others

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

1 hour ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Unfortunately I see no chance to change such amount of  pacenotes. tbh I doubt you are going to be successful with convincing us you'are right this way

I went through all locations with cars from several classes and didn't noticed such amount of wrong information. There are some, but are occasional rather. Maybe it depends on the a car. More powerful older beasts might require different attitude of approaching turns. Also the faster you are going the narrower turn seems to be.

Edit:

I've just checked single turn from your last video (5:53). It's not hairpin as you are suggesting. Seems you don't know what it does mean sadly. And for sure it's not right turn. IMO this particular original pacenote is correct. Not want to spend time to verify others

lol this turn start in 5:54 and is possible to slide  for all turn    , and clearly is hairpin because the turn is semi-circle 

Posted (edited)

You are wrong. Ability of powesliding is not what make a turn a hairpin. Even if turn itself is U-shaped.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

north fork pass 

-3:05  is not  caution left 3 in sky        the turn is caution  left 1  ( this turn is bad for normal and reverse stage)

-3:56  is not close left 2                         is close left 1  (   this turn is bad for normal and reverse stage )

-5:05    is not left 5 dont cut                    the turn is left 3 cut ( same problem on reverse stage )

bever creek trail forward 

- 5:02 is not right 4 left 3     the turn is right 1 left 1 open ( the problem is for all stage for this turn)