The Pacenotes Thread

swenden algsjon 

1:45 is not left 2 close 1  the turn is square     (  for this stage and long version not for reverse stage )

elgsjon 

- 0:53  is not left 1       is hairpin     ( for all stage with this turn and reverse stage too )

te awanga  sprint forward , @PJTierney for new zeland   i no talk for the bad  pace note  for the the  turn 1 ( left 1 , right 1 , left 1 close ....) because for  me turn 1 is hairpin on new zeland  , and if i talk for turn 1 pace note , the pace note list  would very long 

-2:31  is not left 2 long        the turn is hairpin right 

-3:08 is not left 2 close into right 4 in sky                         the turn is hairpin left  into right 2 

Edited by gk9147

ocean sprint beach reverse 

-0:21 is not right 2 turn                    is hairpin right 

-0:36   is not right 2 in sky                is hairpin right 

-0:40   is not left 4 close 2                is left 3 close 1 ( this turn is bad for all stages  and reverse stage ) 

elstop sprint forward 

-0:13     is not left 2               the turn is square left 

-0:39     is not close  left 2 again             is square left 

i think is  good for me maybe i think is  finish for this moment , if i find other problem i comeback  😉

@PJTierney after 3 hard day  to search  bad pace note now go to drink oasis tropical in winchester 😉 😂 

waimarama reverse sprint 

0:28 is not right 2       turn is square right  ( for all stage waimarama normal and reverse )

0:48 is not right 1      turn is square right (  for all stage waimarama normal and reverse )

fourketa kourva 

is  not left 3                   the turn is left 1    ( the reverese have same problem is announced right 3 but is right 1 )

koryfi dafni 

2:16 is not left 5 close 3 extra long  open caution close in sky     the turn is left 4 close 1  into left 1   ( because when you  go up you turn again and my version is more faster and short  )

2:30 big error he said right 4 into right 4 plunge                       the turn is left 2   into right 4  ( is left not right )

abies koilada        the all stages pace note is very high ( and the tight part is not anounced )

0:30 is not left 3 close right 3            the turn is left 1 into right 2 

Edited by gk9147

This thread had a lot of potential - some tracks have straight up missing notes, in some cases there's also a bug where pace notes "cut out", as if the co-driver can't keep up and skips a note or two.

Unfortunately, it's just one dude spamming his "better notes". It's useless and unhelpful.

8 hours ago, Yaggings said:

Unfortunately, it's just one dude spamming his "better notes". It's useless and unhelpful.

Step up and make videos with better notes then. 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, deadredeyes said:

Step up and make videos with better notes then. 

I won't, because it's pointless and unproductive.
Codies won't just re-record entire co-driver tracks, because some people feel like a turn doesn't qualify as "short", or a long 1 should actually be a hairpin.
Codies MIGHT re-record a line or two, if it's ridiculously wrong or flat-out missing. This is what we can actually count on.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, for most of the stages, I could go by with the actual pacenotes if they were told faster (not earlier) and the blatant errors were corrected.

In monte-Carlo, however, the system shows it’s weaknesses because the ice and snow patches now have a huge impact on the driving and the copilot doesn’t give any information about them. And unless you know the stages by heart, there’s always a guy standing after a pair of “right 3“ that’s going to die because of a snow patch , on the early part of the descent of the turini pass.

But I will say that I side with @gk9147 about the road characteristics. They absolutely need to be in the pacenotes if you want to go fast without knowing the stages by heart. Maybe a right 2 is a right 2 and you have to adapt your speed according to the situation around this right 2, but to adapt, we need the road characteristics.

And now that I sometime manage to be in top 20 in community events, using no assists and only cockpit view, I really feel the need for better context in the pacenotes and quicker (not earlier) information delivery, so that the codriver isn't telling you the last corner of a sequence when you're already falling down a cliff because you missed said corner 2 seconds ago...

Edited by Karel7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Karel7 said:

Honestly, for most of the stages, I could go by with the actual pacenotes if they were told faster (not earlier) and the blatant errors were corrected.

In monte-Carlo, however, the system shows it’s weaknesses because the ice and snow patches now have a huge impact on the driving and the copilot doesn’t give any information about them. And unless you know the stages by heart, there’s always a guy standing after a pair of “right 3“ that’s going to die because of a snow patch , on the early part of the descent of the turini pass.

But I will say that I side with @gk9147 about the road characteristics. They absolutely need to be in the pacenotes if you want to go fast without knowing the stages by heart. Maybe a right 2 is a right 2 and you have to adapt your speed according to the situation around this right 2, but to adapt, we need the road characteristics.

And now that I sometime manage to be in top 20 in community events, using no assists and only cockpit view, I really feel the need for better context in the pacenotes and quicker (not earlier) information delivery, so that the codriver isn't telling you the last corner of a sequence when you're already falling down a cliff because you missed said corner 2 seconds ago...

Posted (edited)

0:10 you not need 6 left 

0:13  not  right 1  is  square with don t cut too

0:21 is right 2 into left 1 into right 1 into square left 

0:32 right 2 long (  or extralong too ) into left 3 ,right 2  iinto square right 

0:43 right 3 ,right  3into left 3 open 

0:53 not left   5 tight 3     is left 2 open ( because you go down on dirt part you have more inertia )

1:03 is not  left 4 long is left 3 

1:06 is   slow right 4 into interior  left 3 into  right 2  slow  left 3 long  into  square right 

1:23 is  right 1 open

1:29 not left 3 long   is left 2 ( maybe left 1 open )

1:35-1:43 this part note is very too high 

1:46 is left 1 

1:48 is right 2 into left 1 into right 2 , left 2  into hairpin right open 

2:13 not right 2 turn is right 1 

2:16 not 3 left tight 2  into right 2 DC    the turn is  left 1 into hairpin right 

2:20 is not left 3 over crest  turn is left  1 ( because you go down with inertia

2:25 not 3 left long  turn is left 1 ( because you go down with inertia

2:29 not right 6 tight 3 left 4 long   turn is   right 4 close 2   into left 3 ( or left 2 open )

2:37 not right 4 into left left 3  the turn is right 2 into left 1 open ( inertia when you go down on dirt part !!!!!!)

2:42 not 5  into right 1   the turn  slow  right 3  into hairpin right  close 

2:48 is not 3 left long    the turn is square left 

2:53 not right 2  turn is square right 

2:56 not left 2  open turn is square left  open 

3:00 is slow left 3 into right 1

3:19 not left  5 tight 3  turn  is left 3 extra long 

3:25  not  right  3    turn is right 1 open ( because  if you come fast on the  turn  leave road because  you down on midle of turn and you have inertia off dirt part  )

3:33 not right 3  the turn  is  right 1  dc  open 

3:45 not left 3  turn is left 2 

3:50 not left 3 turn is left 2 

3:55 not right 3 turn is square right 

4:05 not right 2 tight 1   the turn is slow hairpin right 

4:15 is  right 1 into left 3 , right long close  into right 2  , hairpin left 

4:41: the note very fast not only 6

4:51  not right 2 ino left 2 long     the turn is slow right 1 into hairpin left  !!!!

4:56  not right 3  turn is riht 1

5:02 not right 4  turn is right 2 

5:06 not left 6 hairpin left  turn is "left 3 " hairpin close    ( not 6 please imagine i said 6 and directcly i said square i no want die please  respect the llogic )

532 not 5 right into 4   turn is right 3 (or 4 ) open

5:34 not left 5 close 3  long turn is left 3 into left 3

5:40 not left 3 don t cut  right 4     turn is slow  down   caution !!!!! left 1 dont cut  into right 1 open 

5:46 not left 4 donc cut  turn is  slow left 3 long  or left 2 long open 

6:03 very high note part 

6:10 caution slow  place your car on left in big jump 

6:18  not right 2 into left 1 DC  turn is right 1 into hairpin left  close 

6:46  not right 2   turn is square right ( you have 2 square not only 1 )

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

perth  and kinross 

0:43 start

0:58  right 3 not long 

1:04 right 1 into left 2 open

1:13 caution right 2 or right 1 open 

1:15 left 2 open  ( or left 3 ) "CUT "!!!    (   left 3 dc on hud why ? you no have element ( rock, tree....) and the grass part  are flat )

1:18 caution right 3 over crest 

1:22 left 4 , right 6 caution right 3 long, left 4 cut 

1:34 need slow  because you come fast and the road down 

1:38 left 2 open into square right   into square left 

1:46 square right 

1:53 left 3 ( maybe really small cut ) into  right 1

1:57 hairpin left open

2:01 caution right 1  ( or square right ) into left 1 open

2:10 right 3 small cut , left  2 cut into right 1 open ( or  caution right 2 w but is long message)

2:18 right 4(or 5 with caution *) cut 

2:30 caution big brake right 2 or right 1 open ,left 4 cut 

2:38 right 2 over crest ( or right 1 open ), slow * left 4, small cut  into *hairpin left 

2:48 not need left 3 with  hairpin right     only caution  hairpin long close  right  ( after hairpin left you is in  straith line  )

3:05* slow left 3 inside * , right 2 into left 2 cut                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

3:12 *slow right 2 inside into right 2 * (new line note )   inside not cut because you have bump       on grass , the turn is right and you  go inside on left similar than straigh line but need caution                                                                                                                 

3:17  slow jump into  left 1 !!!!! open 

3:20 right 2

3:26 right 2 long close into left 3 cut ( small cut )

3:40 tight left 3 , right 2  , and SQUARE right !!!!!!!!

3:55 right 1 

4:02 left 1  or sqaure open 

4:14  hairpin right 

4:18 left 4 , right 2 ,left 2 , right 2 close  into hairpin left 

4:40 hairpin right !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:46 right 3 over crest 

4:50 left 3  open

4:56  right 2 cut over crest 

5:00 left 2 open 

5:16left 2 , right 3  left 2 open 

5:23 right 3 small cut ( you have litle flat  grass part )

5:28 caution slow  right 5 small cut  brake right 1 open ( you dont need left 4 )

5:34 left 1 over crest 

5:42 caution jump  left 2 long open 

5:54 jump left 3  ( or 2 open )

5:58 right 1  open !!!!!!!

6:02 right 3 small cut 

6:14 left 3 dont cut or left 2 open dont cut 

6:18 left 2 open

6:21 right 1 open or right 2

6:28 right 3  ( or 4 with slow )

6:39 slow right 3 close  1 open( or 2 )

6:46 right 2 open

6:49 caution slow late hairpin left  open 

6:57 right 3 close 1 or right 1 open 

7:05  slow right 3 inside  on crest  into left 1 open 

7:09 slow * right 3 * crest outside , left 2 into right 2 open ( edit : because you go directly on the straith line in crest   for next turn  inside left crest , outside is right crest)

7:18 left 4 into right 4small  cut 

7:23 you no have right 5 close 4     you have only straight line and bump   and at 7:27 you have right 2 !!!!

7:32 left 2 long open  or left 3 long

7:42 big brake  right 1 close  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 7:09 is possible to remove the right 4  and add only outside in crest  because you go straigh line why you need turn ? example (outside 4 in crest,) because  i repeat outside is right of crest and inside is left of crest  

@PJtierney i update  the pace note correct note in futur day because when you see a lot errror you brain is tired and not concentrate at the end if i correct the  note i add 

( *) same  than 7:09

Sunday 22 march edit 

Edited by gk9147
outside not inside and i add onboard video sorry , edit pace note liste for the futur
  • Like 1

Sometimes is possible to cut but is not annouced ( not fqst but is possible ), when you go in down the note is very very very high , hairpin and square Sometimes   times is announced  turn 2 and 3 , lot info for enough ( Example 5 tight 3 but is only 2 ) , fast chain turn not logic , and the note  is late after very log straigh line ( You have 2 hairpin  i listen hairpin very late and he said the turn is  very very late , i m happy to test with controler becaause if test the staring wheel i leave the road and broken the car