Jump to content

Tire Temp Model Reverted to 2018?

Recommended Posts

Is it just me or has the tire temperature model suddenly felt like it went back to the 2018 situation with overheating happening, particularly for pad users? I did most of the first season, including races like Monaco with no tire overheating issues (heck, I struggled to keep heat in the tires on tracks like Baku), yet now in S2 (and many patches later) I am seeing tire temperatures shoot up and never come down again. Has anyone else experienced this? The tire model early on where the temps were hard to keep made sense given how many teams IRL are struggling to adequately heat tires. I can see no sound reasoning for having changed that - unless it was a byproduct of them reverting the qualifying tire wear model. Either way, I think Codies needs to have a look...

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the update 1.09 I also suddenly have extremely mature paratures. It's never been so bad before. Codemasters does things they shouldn't change. But things they should change are ignored. Codemasters definitely doesn't get any more money from me. Every year the same garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

no. Discontinued as always

discountinued? but it’s there as an option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Vor 4 Minuten sagte ptank20:

auslaufend? aber es ist dort als Option 

I mean, I always have the same settings. But since the last patch matures parature problems.

Edited by Techstyler81
Übersetzt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that the temperature is better but I now adjust my air pressure to cope.

My temps are always 90 -100 but if I spin them it hits the roof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Techstyler81 said:

I mean, I always have the same settings. But since the last patch matures parature problems.

setting it to surface only in the gameplay settings instead of simulation (surface + carcass) seems to work fine for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Es scheint wieder ein Problem zu sein, dass nur Wheel fahrer betrifft. 

Seit dem  patch sind meine Temperaturen viel zu hoch. Ich muss jedes Setup wieder anpassen. 

Screenshot_20190828_070523_com.android.chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, ptank20 said:

setting it to surface only in the gameplay settings instead of simulation (surface + carcass) seems to work fine for me

That’s hardly helpful. The whole problem I see is the carcass temperatures are suddenly more difficult to cool. That setting basically locks the carcass at optimal temperature. It’s not a fix, it’s a workaround.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pijin said:

That’s hardly helpful. The whole problem I see is the carcass temperatures are suddenly more difficult to cool. That setting basically locks the carcass at optimal temperature. It’s not a fix, it’s a workaround.

It’s a fix. The handling between pad and wheel is different which meant that the carcass temperatures sky rocket for pad players so after 4-5 laps of a stint you’re no longer competitive. Keeping them optimal removes that so I don’t see the problem and if that’s not realistic then surely you’d have a wheel for realism anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anything's changed. The C5 and C4s are prone to overheating on controller on most tracks... which really puts a damper on qualifying for said tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, pijin said:

Is it just me or has the tire temperature model suddenly felt like it went back to the 2018 situation with overheating happening, particularly for pad users? I did most of the first season, including races like Monaco with no tire overheating issues (heck, I struggled to keep heat in the tires on tracks like Baku), yet now in S2 (and many patches later) I am seeing tire temperatures shoot up and never come down again. Has anyone else experienced this? The tire model early on where the temps were hard to keep made sense given how many teams IRL are struggling to adequately heat tires. I can see no sound reasoning for having changed that - unless it was a byproduct of them reverting the qualifying tire wear model. Either way, I think Codies needs to have a look...

Oh I just realized your overheating is getting worse in career mode. The cars get faster and the tyres have less time to cool. Use C3 or Harder. I've not managed to overheat them. (And I've sure tried.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ptank20 said:

It’s a fix. The handling between pad and wheel is different which meant that the carcass temperatures sky rocket for pad players so after 4-5 laps of a stint you’re no longer competitive. Keeping them optimal removes that so I don’t see the problem and if that’s not realistic then surely you’d have a wheel for realism anyway.

It's not a fix. It's an assist. It wouldn't be the first time a CM game was basically unplayable with the pad without an assist (even the original GRID 11 years ago had this problem with the stability assist, without which pads were useless in fast corners), but it's still an assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning everyone,

as a good sim racer on a wheel how do we get around the fact that ffb for wheel users has drastically been altered in last 4 patches,

ive described it in fine detail which is more then the ffb will give you lol,

the problem a lot of wheel users face is you can't tell what car is now doing, sudden oversteer and understeer in slow and mid and high speed corners which don't make any sense,

It's  like driving a rally car now ,

the cars in dirt rally 2.0 feel more stable and that is the problem.

the f1 car should feel amazing thru corners and stable but it's not , and that's only down to last 4 patches ,

so please rollback to patch 1.05 or fix the ffb problem for wheel users and make pad vs wheel equal again,

my next port of call is Liberty media because this is the 1st officialy lience do game where they've worked side by side,

we are still getting content and patches for dirt rally , maybe it's a money thing again with season 3 in dirt rally ,which I will wait until it's sale price anyway ,

now back to proper f1 on the tv .

and the Senna vs Prost was an insult to Senna and Prost,. 

Prost looks like Jean alsesi ,

come on guys and girls at codemasters sought the ffb for wheel users out please .if it's not your aim then please tell us that so we can stop wasting each other's time ,and time is key in life as it's not an endless resource.

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 4:36 AM, senna94f1 said:

the problem a lot of wheel users face is you can't tell what car is now doing, sudden oversteer and understeer in slow and mid and high speed corners which don't make any sense,

I'm on controller and have been experiencing this since game release. I agreed with people complaining about the handling by voicing these things that happen and a few people poo pooed my post from what I remember. When I lost control of the car in 2018 at least I could figure out/understand why. Would over accelerate the car beyond traction or whatever. In this years game though traction loss seems to happen randomly and I think I've had at least one instance of traction loss in every race. A snap of oversteer or understeer or something where the car just doesn't do what I expect it to. This even happens to me on tracks I've historically been better at and know well enough where these things shouldn't be happening. It happens enough that I definitely think something is up with the handling model...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×