Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 TV Coverage Thread

Ugh, Ben Edwards is the only one I wouldn't want to see return from the BBC lineup :unamused: Would like to see the trio return though.

well, time is not on channel 4 side here with 1st race only 9 weeks away and need to get a move on in race picks for this year, have asked the question on twitter and got no answer 

fIsince08 said:
There's a couple of rumours going around that Ben Edwards and Eddie Jordan will be the only other ex-BBC presenting team to join C4. One of the bosses of Whisper has said that they don't want all of the BBC team.
I'm mostly good with that. If it means no Suzi Perry then that's good news to me, although if it also means no Lee McKenzie then it's a shame.

I read somewhere that Eddie Jordan may only be part of the coverage on the live weekends, so not the weekends where it's highlights only.

But having Ben Edwards and Eddie Jordan is definitely a good thing for their coverage. I can understand why Whisper don't want more than 3 of the BBC team, they want to make it a bit different from before. I'm sure they'll do a very good job.

Ugh, Ben Edwards is the only one I wouldn't want to see return from the BBC lineup :unamused: Would like to see the trio return though.
There is only Jack Nicholls and David Addison that I'd be happy with replacing him and both are tied down on long contracts.

fIsince08 said:
There is only Jack Nicholls and David Addison that I'd be happy with replacing him and both are tied down on long contracts.
Yep, they are the only two I'd like as well, they're far better than Crofty, I hope one of them replaces him at Sky in the next couple of years.

MBKF1 said:
fIsince08 said:
Yep, they are the only two I'd like as well, they're far better than Crofty, I hope one of them replaces him at Sky in the next couple of years.
I believe he too is on a long contract sadly.

fIsince08 said:
There's a couple of rumours going around that Ben Edwards and Eddie Jordan will be the only other ex-BBC presenting team to join C4. One of the bosses of Whisper has said that they don't want all of the BBC team.

I hope Eddie does go to C4 he does say some weird things but his predictions about the future are absolutely spot on.

Not F1 related, but just seen that Channel 5 are showing the WRC highlights this year! Finally i might be able to keep up with it  :#

I think that for one race they should use the classic graphics from the 80s or 90s. That would be so cool. I perfect race to do that at would be Silverstone.

I think that for one race they should use the classic graphics from the 80s or 90s. That would be so cool. I perfect race to do that at would be Silverstone.
I love the old F1 Digital + graphics.

Good choice! The Chain is basically motorsport's theme tune anyway, it makes sense for them to use it.

Wouldn't have minded a different track (loved the ones ITV used apart from that rubbish Joe Satriani rip-off in 2005 or something) but you can never go wrong with The Chain. Ever. Wonderful track.

Beats that generic trash that Sky use. "Just Drive". Just die.

The Sky one pisses me off, like a lot of their coverage! The actual song itself is quite nice, and if you watch the BBC's 2010 review montage, it fits the footage really well.

Sky have butchered it, and they've made their whole intro video typical of a Crofty / Kravitz race commentary, so basically bigging up nothing so it might be something. By this I mean, adding the silly violins for some dramatic effect, plus the Hamilton / Rosberg collision with the rubbish team radio insert.

Then the bit where Ted says 'how much do we know what's in his head', it just ruins the intro. I think Ted is great, but you don't need that in an intro, nor the talking bits with Jenson at the Sky Pad for example.

The BBC one is great, it's just the Chain and a load of old bad-ass moments from the history of F1.

It's been confirmed that James Allen is leaving BBCR5L, meaning he could be commentator for C4...

Oh sweet mercy...                                              

fIsince08 said:
It's been confirmed that James Allen is leaving BBCR5L, meaning he could be commentator for C4...
I wouldn't really have a problem with that, but I'm actually hoping he'll be one of C4's pit lane reporters, filling in a Ted-like role. Has anybody checked out his website? (www.jamesallenonf1.com - if you direct a comment to him below a story he sometimes replies) He's clearly massively passionate about F1 and has a ton of knowledge, so that kind of role would suit him.

As for commentary, C4 have Coulthard so I've got my fingers crossed Ben Edwards will partner up with him again for commentary duties, I actually slightly prefered them for commentary over Crofty and Brundle.

But if James Allen is to be one of C4's commentators, at least he was always better than Legtard.

I like James Allen.                                                          

I like James Allen also, as Prawn said, he's clearly extremely passionate about the sport, he is very knowledgeable about pretty much every aspect of the sport, be it the racing, politics, technical stuff. He is a terrific broadcaster and I would absolutely like to see him as the lead commentator for C4.

Couple of things. First is that Karun Chandock has been doing interviews for C4 at testing, so he is the next man in the team. Apparently the full lineup is being released on Tuesday.

As for R5L, they've confirmed the following:
Lead Commentator: Jack Nicholls (I wonder who covers Formula E then...)
Co-Commentator: Allan McNish
Presenter/Interviewer: Jennie Gow
Pit Lane Reporter: Tom Clarkson
Pundit/Technical Reporter: Mark Gallagher