F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 TV Coverage Thread

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/01/27/fans-worldwide-reveal-cost-watching-f1-2015/

Interesting read up. Never realised just how expensive watching F1 can be. And also, I can't believe how lucky I am living in Austria.
Not only do I get to watch F1 for free, but also Formula E, WEC, and MotoGP (Moto 2-3 included). Not to mention the ticket prices are relatively low as well.
Are you Austrian?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/01/27/fans-worldwide-reveal-cost-watching-f1-2015/

Interesting read up. Never realised just how expensive watching F1 can be. And also, I can't believe how lucky I am living in Austria.
Not only do I get to watch F1 for free, but also Formula E, WEC, and MotoGP (Moto 2-3 included). Not to mention the ticket prices are relatively low as well.
Is your commentary in German or do you get the English commentators?
German. High quality. Ernst Hausleitner and Alexander Wurz. Easily the best sport commentators they have.

Are you austrian?
Yep. Born and raised.

"A TV licence (145.50 per year for colour, £49 for black and white) is required to view live all television programming in the UK."

BLACK AND WHITE IN 2016 WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK UK

Martin Brundle is missing from Sky this weekend due to Le Mans commitments, so for the first time since Hungary 2008 he won't be behind the microphone. I don't know who is replacing him but I'd expect Anthony Davidson to be first choice as he and Crofty worked together on Radio 5 Live.

Both Brundle and Davidson will also be missing in Baku, so the mighty Paul di Resta will probably commentate on the race. Joy of joys.

And Crofty has now confirmed it'll be Paul di Resta. Oh boy.

I don't mind Paul Di Resta. He usually has some pretty insightful stuff to offer and it'll be nice to have him commentating on a proper competitive session rather than the usual FP1 and FP2 sessions.

At least it isn't Johnny Herbert.

Paul Di Resta's commentary isn't to bad I think, better him than anyone else on the team in my opinion.

Actually Brundle will be away this weekend because of a surgery or something I believe.

Di Resta is fine in my books, especially when you compare him to Herbert.  

mike96 said:
Actually Brundle will be away this weekend because of a surgery or something I believe.
This is correct. 

Personally I can't stand Di Resta. He's more boring than a toothpick and only has one emotional tone to his voice - depressed. You wouldn't know that he supposedly has a passion for the sport. It's going to be a painful weekend. 

Well the commentary wasn't bad. Crofty made a few noticeable mistakes today but cock up of the day goes to Paul di Resta for thinking you could run softs throughout the race. He's a bit monotone as well tbh, I hope Brundle is back for Baku.

Well guys, I love your problems in the UK. Who will be behind the microphone - is it Di Resta, or Brundle, or Herbert, or anyone else. Here in Poland we have two commentators and that's all. I would love to have that kind of problem, because we don't have any choice. It's these two guys every weekend.

I've been reading an article on the coverage rights of the Olympics (if anyone is interested, this one: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/smh-editorial/iocs-tight-grip-on-games-threatens-their-value-20160809-gqocjr.html) and, whilst it has nothing to do with the F1 tv rights, one of the closing quotes is very relevant.

"the danger for the IOC, I suggest, and for sporting bodies that are going down the same path, is that by increasingly enclosing and walling off something that draws on the emotional energy generated by shared experiences, it threatens the value of the thing it owns."

Bernie should take note.