Jump to content Jump to content

Formula 1 TV Coverage Thread

fIsince08 said:

James Allen is awesome! I remember the start of a Monaco GP in something like 2003 and he was shouting 'Are you ready, are you ready, ARE YOU READY? ......................... GOOOOOOOOOOO!'

That's what I want again.

^^ This is what I mean by cringeworthy :p 

But it's exciting! F1 is exciting and that's why I watch it. Having commentary like that will make casual viewers more excited too!

fIsince08 said:

James Allen is awesome! I remember the start of a Monaco GP in something like 2003 and he was shouting 'Are you ready, are you ready, ARE YOU READY? ......................... GOOOOOOOOOOO!'

That's what I want again.

^^ This is what I mean by cringeworthy :p 

But it's exciting! F1 is exciting and that's why I watch it. Having commentary like that will make casual viewers more excited too!

Well it's just preference I guess. I've always preferred serious commentators.

I don't think I'll ever forget Legard confusing a Torro Rosso for a Red Bull for an entire lap back in 2009/2010, claiming that Vettel had a huge lead just after pitting, even though it was clearly Algesuari; the man was a complete mess. And then on Final Score like last season he was referring to Gabby Logan as "Debbie" for an entire interview. 

If I had a hit list around 2010/11 him and Helmut Marko would have been at the top of it . 

EdMa said:

I don't think I'll ever forget Legard confusing a Torro Rosso for a Red Bull for an entire lap back in 2009/2010, claiming that Vettel had a huge lead just after pitting, even though it was clearly Algesuari; the man was a complete mess. And then on Final Score like last season he was referring to Gabby Logan as "Debbie" for an entire interview. 

If I had a hit list around 2010/11 him and Helmut Marko would have been at the top of it . 

I think it was Buemi actually

EdMa said:

I think it was Buemi actually

^ Brundle response ^

Does anyone watch F1 and notice things that the commentators don't? I often will watch a session or a race and a commentator (usually Crofty) will say something whih is wrong, or he'll fail to notice it. It annoys me so much that I can notice these, yet the commentators don't.

Does anyone watch F1 and notice things that the commentators don't? I often will watch a session or a race and a commentator (usually Crofty) will say something whih is wrong, or he'll fail to notice it. It annoys me so much that I can notice these, yet the commentators don't.

This is WAY too easy here in Greece :D

Yup, Crofty is renowned for it, but Ben Edwards some how managed to miss Raikkonen's Silverstone crash.

The most obvious one I can think of is Vettel breaking down at Silverstone, coming into the chicane I thought "Vettel looks very slow and Rosberg has caught up massively!" The commentators didn't spot it so I thought I was seeing things, then the crowed cheered and DC saw it :p 

Yeah, exactly the same with the Vettel thing. As soon as he came into the first part of the chicane I thought, he looks slow, and then when it was blatantly obvious, they got it.

In qualifying at Silverstone this year at the very end, Hulkenberg went pole for about 10 seconds before a Vettel beat it, and I saw straight away that Hulkenberg took it, yet the commentators only saw it as Vettel crossed the line. Yes there was a lot happening, but still

Yeah, exactly the same with the Vettel thing. As soon as he came into the first part of the chicane I thought, he looks slow, and then when it was blatantly obvious, they got it.

In qualifying at Silverstone this year at the very end, Hulkenberg went pole for about 10 seconds before a Vettel beat it, and I saw straight away that Hulkenberg took it, yet the commentators only saw it as Vettel crossed the line. Yes there was a lot happening, but still

Yeah I spotted that too. We need to be a commentary team :p 

I saw Hulkenberg go fastest and thought "Get in!". Vettel went fastest and I thought "Front row!" Rosberg went fastest and I can't say what I thought on here :p 

• 3 weeks later...