Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Missing Effects when Shader Detail is on ultra low - updated (Dirt Rally)

TPJP

Hi guys,

I have a problem in the game that whenever I change the shadows to low and up while the shader detail is on ultra low, the game doens't cast any shadows but when I change the shader detail to low and up the game will cast the shadows, however when I change the shader back to ultra low the shadows will remain but will ghost until I change them to ultra low, in which will disappear completely again.

I play with the shader detail on ultra low in order to achieve 60+ fps in game but cannot use shadows unless i turn up the shader detail, otherwise it won't appear or will ghost as stated above.

My video card drivers are updated so is it a bug in the game?

Screenshot:

Specs:

Toshiba Satellite L850 Laptop

Intel Core i5 3230M @ 2.60Ghz

AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB VRAM

4GB RAM DDR3

Windows 8.1 - DX 11

Updated thread and title to mention more details about the shader settings.

With the shader on ultra low there are more effects that are missing besides the shadows (it's settings do nothing with shader on ultra low), which are the rain (which does not appear in a rainy stage), the dust trail (which is barely visible) and the skidmarks.

Are these effects only part of the shader settings or they can appear with no shader settings at all?

Updating this thread because of the weather effects that wouldn't appear, it does appear if the weather setting is on low but when it is on high, rain and snow dissapears on the stages in this weather and it wouldn't appear for me because I had set it to high.

Though If set it to low it would now appear but the fps would take a huge drop from ~70 to ~40 in the rainy stages (not so much if snowy). Couldn't the game have an ultra low option that simplifies the weather effects but does not make them dissapear?

Anyway here's my settings for reference (at 1366x768 res, no v-sync and no multisampling, fullscreen, auto ratio):

• 2 weeks later...
Birdman44 said:
+1 too bad these effects disappear when we set ultra low... then the gameplay is really not the same and looks boring...

Agreed.. At least they should fix the shadows tho, it gives more depth to the visuals even with the shader on ultra low.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I had the same problem. Now the version is 0.6 and now my fps are even lower than it was before on low Shader Detail :( . When its on ultra low the game goes insanely smooth but as it was mentioned -  there are missing effects, specially in cockpit camera in night stages ... there are no single light inside of the car at the nigh ...
Taymuraz said:
I had the same problem. Now the version is 0.6 and now my fps are even lower than it was before on low Shader Detail :( . When its on ultra low the game goes insanely smooth but as it was mentioned -  there are missing effects, specially in cockpit camera in night stages ... there are no single light inside of the car at the nigh ...
Hopefully they'll fix all this in later updates. This might have been low priority bugs for them so far, as this has been like this since the first release.
  • 4 weeks later...
Also recently noticed that with shaders on ultra low the objects and foliage don't get illuminated, only the road gets lit but lesser than on low and up. This makes night rallying a bit more complicated...
  • 2 months later...
3473R said:
seems like they got more problems than ever right now... 
If you are talking about the bugs in the latest update bugs topic than the ones on this thread are still low priority bugs as  there are quite a lot of other bugs to fix. Unless they fix them all, they may have to release patches beyond V1.0.

Archived