Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

[Solved] DiRT Rally: Can't change the FOV of the "Dash Cam" in-game Options menu.


TommiTAG

Recommended Posts

(Edit)

The problem solved. It is by design. Thanks for the information, MrPix. :)


<Original Post>

Hello.
I'm not sure this is already reported or not, I'd like to report what I noticed about "Dash Cam".

I can't change the FOV of the "Dash Cam" in "Options - Preferences" menu (I can change the FOV of the other cams).
I'm not sure this is normal or a bug. If it is normal (not a bug), please let me know. But If it is a bug, I want to report about this issue.
Thank you. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's by design... dash cam is not alterable with that slider.... it says so in the Details tab when you highlight the slider:

Quote:

Camera Field of View
This option allows adjustment to the viewing angle of the camera in Bumper, Bonnet and Cockpit cameras. It does not affect Dash or Chase cameras. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for your reply and the information, MrPix.
I understood. I should have checked the menu more carefully. I'll read the descriptions of the other options, too.
I've edited the title of this post.
Thanks again! :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Solved?

You can make that slider work even for the dash cam:

1) Go to the car's folder, e. g. Mini Cooper S:
 DIRT Rally > cars > models > mcs > cameras.xml

2) Convert cameras.xml to cameras.txt (to do so you'll need an appropriate tool, e. g. Fergo BinXML)

3) Go to the dash cam part (/" <View type="Head" ident="dash-cam" reverseCamera="dash-cam_reverse"...):

Look for this line:
"<Parameter name="playerAdjustableFOV" type="bool" value="false" />"
...and change "false" to "true".

4) Convert cameras.txt back to cameras.xml

5) That's it. Now it's solved! B)













Link to post
Share on other sites
OmaOhneBH said:
Solved?

You can make that slider work even for the dash cam:

1) Go to the car's folder, e. g. Mini Cooper S:
 DIRT Rally > cars > models > mcs > cameras.xml

2) Convert cameras.xml to cameras.txt (to do so you'll need an appropriate tool, e. g. Fergo BinXML)

3) Go to the dash cam part (/" <View type="Head" ident="dash-cam" reverseCamera="dash-cam_reverse"...):

Look for this line:
"<Parameter name="playerAdjustableFOV" type="bool" value="false" />"
...and change "false" to "true".

4) Convert cameras.txt back to cameras.xml

5) That's it. Now it's solved! B)

Thanks for the information, OmaOhneBH.
I've already released several Camera Mods for Codemasters titles and know the basic way to edit cameras.xml. But I've not noticed that line yet.
This way might be useful for some dash cams. I'll try and use it next time. Thank you very much! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey buddy, I wrote a tutorial for changing the FOV for cockpit view globally ... but am not sure if it alters Dash Cam.... here it is anyway: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/howto.php?g=DR

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPix said:

Hey buddy, I wrote a tutorial for changing the FOV for cockpit view globally ... but am not sure if it alters Dash Cam.... here it is anyway: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/howto.php?g=DR

 

Hi, MrPix.
Thanks for the great tutorial, and you are a professional!
This tutorial must be a great help for everyone who wants to edit his/her favorite cameras.
I mainly use a Single-Monitor, but your guide for the Multiple Monitors setup is very interesting.
Thanks again! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
TommiTAG said:
MrPix said:

Hey buddy, I wrote a tutorial for changing the FOV for cockpit view globally ... but am not sure if it alters Dash Cam.... here it is anyway: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/howto.php?g=DR

 

Hi, MrPix.
Thanks for the great tutorial, and you are a professional!
This tutorial must be a great help for everyone who wants to edit his/her favorite cameras.
I mainly use a Single-Monitor, but your guide for the Multiple Monitors setup is very interesting.
Thanks again! :)

Hey Tommy,


This IS for single AND multiple monitors. I only have a single monitor and use this for a globally changing the FOV in all cars without having to tweak each cam file.. Maybe I need to make it clearer, but it is stated in the first paragraph.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey Tommy,


This IS for single AND multiple monitors. I only have a single monitor and use this for a globally changing the FOV in all cars without having to tweak each cam file.. Maybe I need to make it clearer, but it is stated in the first paragraph.

Hi, MrPix.
Thanks for your reply and advice.
Talking with other players on another forum, we noticed that the in-game FOV slider makes it possible to adapt the FOV to both 16:9 & 16:10 monitors
As it is know, most of the PC games cut off the both sides of the 16:9 screen and display it as 16:10 (it means we can get the wider view with 16:9 resolution). It does not matter so much because we can play with 16:9 resolution (e.g. 1920x1080) on the 16:10 (e.g. 1920x1200) monitor.
But by using the in-game FOV slider, we can get the same wider view (as 16:9) even with the 16:10 Full Screen monitor. Of course, the FOV value changes slightly, but the new in-game FOV slider is a very nice and convenient new feature.
Thank you. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...