Sign in to follow this  

How to get a good launch off the grid????

I use no assists and everytime in my league races I lose a few positions off the grid.  Is there an actual way to get a good launch? 

Do codemasters have a actual tutorial or confirmation on the best way to get off the grid fast? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broomy1988 said:

I use no assists and everytime in my league races I lose a few positions off the grid.  Is there an actual way to get a good launch? 

Do codemasters have a actual tutorial or confirmation on the best way to get off the grid fast? 

using wheel btw

Fuel on Standard, keep Revs in the right range, and you have to hit the lights perfectly. Release clutch and keep the throttle where it is until 2nd gear..Add a little more throttle and go to Rich, then 3rd gear and get to wide open throttle as quickly as possible.

Go to GP mode and just practice. It seems like you'll never get it, but you will. I'm using a clutch pedal, but I dump the clutch and don't feather it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Fuel on Standard, keep Revs in the right range, and you have to hit the lights perfectly. Release clutch and keep the throttle where it is until 2nd gear..Add a little more throttle and go to Rich, then 3rd gear and get to wide open throttle as quickly as possible.

Go to GP mode and just practice. It seems like you'll never get it, but you will. I'm using a clutch pedal, but I dump the clutch and don't feather it. 

I'll try that idea... The 1st bit.

I have tried to practice by,  restarting my race as many times as I feel to practice starts.

since CM didn't bother to give us a practice start like in real life.

I have tried a few times stopping in my offline games on the race line to practice, I normally try at the beginning when the game gives you a few minutes to run around the track.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

ok will try that i just feel i react weel but either i spin up and lose control of car or not enough power and ppl get past just seems hard this year

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Broomy88 said:

ok will try that i just feel i react weel but either i spin up and lose control of car or not enough power and ppl get past just seems hard this year

I haven't played F1 in 5 years or so, but basically look at it like drag racing, if that helps. It is crucial to have your revs consistent and in the sweet spot (it tells you if you are on the right side of the screen on cockpit mode) and then hit the lights 

5 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

I haven't played F1 in 5 years or so, but basically look at it like drag racing, if that helps. It is crucial to have your revs consistent and in the sweet spot (it tells you if you are on the right side of the screen on cockpit mode) and then hit the lights 

I been trying to use that as my gauge .. it hard to look it the words and keep eye on lights.. I'll just have to use my ears better.. lol

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Hygradeb said:

I been trying to use that as my gauge .. it hard to look it the words and keep eye on lights.. I'll just have to use my ears better.. lol

Yep. Get it set and hold the revs and then switch to your MFD before the lights go green. You'll get it. Just have to be very smooth and deliberate with the throttle.

I saw that also is very good to set before the start, the ers at 2. This avoid too much spin