Can we get Keyboard support on Xbox

@Faya @RedDevilKT

We need keyboard support on the Xbox version of F1 2019 so we can bind extra controls when playing with a wheel. Other Xbox games allow this.

In fact the PS4 version of the game allows you to do this but you have not included it in the Xbox version

Can this support be added in the next patch

• Like 1

Still no update on this, its a big feature wheel users need to be able to bind extra buttons to keyboard on Xbox. The PC and PS4 versions have it 

Edited by Jajb
  • Agree 1

Been asking for mouse support in PC version for years

So don't bother asking cos you won't get a reply

ps. am so glad i gave this game a miss after reading some of the posts on these forums

Hi All,

Unfortunately, the team are not considering adding Xbox keyboard support into the game at the moment. We will let you know if this situation changes. Thanks all, 

@Faya

So you put it in for PC, and PS4, and even though Xbox supports it you are not putting it into the game. I guess that's a big middle finger to the Xbox community then 

Absolutely, the xbox needs keyboard support.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, Faya said:

Hi All,

Unfortunately, the team are not considering adding Xbox keyboard support into the game at the moment. We will let you know if this situation changes. Thanks all, 

Another nail in the coffin! How about for the 2020 game faya? And if not, what of the future of the series on the next gen of consoles?

Don't have the 19 game, I have long since lost faith in the series, and doubt very much I'll ever buy this game in the future unless the core game is improved dramatically. The same issues plague the game every year, and this year I doubt I'll even get it second hand given the reports on this forum. The consensus of the forum seems to be that the game has gone backwards with the patches, with many wanting to roll back to previous versions.

Codemasters, how can customers support such a situation with their hard earned cash?

What makes it worse with this is that its in the PC AND the PS4 version of the game, yet they decide not to put it in the Xbox version! Xbox has keyboard support multiple games use it including Project Cars, you need it to be able to assign buttons to keyboard  as there is not enough on most wheels.

I guess they just decided the Xbox community isn't important

Edited by Jajb

On 9/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, Faya said:

Hi All,

Would be nice to get an explanation why they are not considering implementing this feature.

Next year Xbox game should be a little bit cheaper, as Xbox players can't enjoy the game the same way.

I have a g920 with lsb and rsb unuseful in this game, and cm is not considering adding keyboard support as well..

Edited by pedrosdt