[F1 2019]- [Xbox]- Keyboard Support Request

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

So in the latest patch they updated the PS4 to use the new Fanatic DD wheel. Yet they will not give the Xbox the much requested ability to use a keyboard while using a wheel so you bind extra buttons to the keyboard as most wheels do not have enough, but the PS4 version of F1 2019 allows this!

I guess this game is focused entirely on the PS4 and paying Xbox customers are not important at all. I have now taken the step of contacting multiple Microsoft heads such as M. Nelson and Phil Spencer to complain about Codemasters restricting features between different console versions of the game its outrageous

Edited by TomAAA

Not that I agree with the decision, infact it's insulting and disgraceful, but faya in a similar thread categorically said codemasters will not be adding keyboard support for the xbox.

As the xbox one is basically a x86-64 PC running a stripped down version of windows 8, it seems a very odd decision.

Vote with you wallet and don't purchase the game, if you want it bad, at least wait until it's on a sale and massively discounted or buy second hand.

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

We need keyboard support on Xbox for F1 2019 in an update so we can bind buttons to a keyboard while using a wheel as on xbox wheels do not have enough user configurable buttons. We cannot bind to an extra controller as most of us have that in another position for using chat headset with. You gave the PC AND PS4 this keyboard binding support for F1 2019 but have deliberately left out paying xbox users even though the xbox can do this games such as Project Cars 2 allow this.

Edited by TomAAA

Hi all, i have a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer that i use on Xbox one with a Drivehub. After getting F1 2019 i soon noticed something was wrong with some buttons being duplicates, at first i thought it maybe something to do with the Drivehub so contacted their support as they are always willing to help if they can but in this instance they cannot do anything.

I think as far as the buttons are concerned, this is a limit of the API.... buttons 8, 9, 10, 11 are not present in the Xbox Wheel API, these are RT, LT, RSB, LSB or R2, L2, R3, L3 on PS4.

So i would say this could be why Codemasters cannot do anything too? If this is the case why can they not come out and say this so all our efforts can be directed to where the problem is. ie: Microsoft / Xbox.

Edited by Ziltoid Racer

No that's not the reason, it is true the xbox does have a limit on assigned controller buttons hence why wheels have duplicates, but the xbox allows the use of keyboards for binding extra buttons so buttons will be assigned to d,e,f,g,h etc, Project Cars 2 on Xbox allows you to assign buttons on wheel and also extra buttons on a keyboard so you can increase your buttons. They implemented this feature into the PC and PS4 version of F1 2019 and left it out of the Xbox version. I also got a tweet back from the head of Microsoft Xbox development saying API is not an issue since the Xbox allows keyboard support

Its like they don't want to assign people to it, after all they still have not implemented something simple and much needed as weather into leagues....

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

I've passed your comments onto the dev team, who said they will review this issue. I've also moved this into the tech support thread so that we can track this issue. If there is any more news on this then we'll update this thread.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks @Hoo 

Hope they will find a solution for this issue and make us benefit from our gear and make the game more realistic and demanding.

• Agree 1

Any news yet @Hoo

I think the devs should also look at the possibility to bind certain commands to keys (like all the different ERS modes and fuel settings) If they are binded to a key they are easily binded to a position on the rotary encoders some of the wheels have or to button boxes. The only way to work around this on pc is the use of Joytokey. If keyboard support for consoles will be fully supported that will make things a lot easier.

Edited by 1512marcel

Hi @1512marcel,

This is currently being investigated by the team. I am hoping to have an update on this next week.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

would be awesome, if the devs could make that possible, I think also the esports guys on xbox would be happy for that 🙂

Received the Formula V2 wheel yesterday. Works like a charm on PC and add's a lot to the overall realism. Every single button s working and so are the rotary's and encoders. Only point of discussion might be the ways Codemasters programmed functions like ERS, Brake Bias, Fuel modes (only increase/decrease option, were a single key would have made more sense).

On Xbox however it's a great wheel but with the not logical layout of the standard buttons you have to be very creative in your setup to make them usefull. As known, none of the extra buttons, rotary's and encoders work making the wheel almost useless.

So, lets cross our fingers they can implement the Fanatec SDK for Xbox and give us full support on these wheels.

They need to figure out a way to get the existing keyboard support working within the Xbox. Both SDK’s are usefull to get support on both Thrustmaster and Fanatec gear. So I guess it’s not only implementing and understanding the SDK files. Its more complex I guess. But they managed to get it working on PC and PS4 so I guess they will get it working for Xbox too.

Edited by 1512marcel

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

Thanks guys for getting this passed on to the team hopefully it can be implemented as its a big issue.

If it can't be implemented then maybe the suggestion that was mentioned earlier in the thread and that is gaining traction with a large number of players on another forum is the fact codemasters should sell the game cheaper on Xbox, as it is missing features compared to PS4 and PC

Sorry - I'm still being told next week.

Any news yet @Hoo If you need someone to test the outcome, I'll be more than happy. (Fanatec CSW 2.5, Formula V2 and V3 pedals, all latest firmware and drivers)

@RedDevilKT

Some news on this would be good. It's desperately needed on the xbox as steering wheels do not have enough buttons on the Xbox to control all the features of the game. Keyboard support is needed, and Project Cars 2 has managed this on Xbox One, its also in the PS4 version of F1 2019. A lot of momentum gaining on another forum over this issue too 

Needs this desperately its so frustrating not being able to map enough buttons while using a wheel to control the features they have implemented in the game 

• Agree 2

Not going to make another "funny" remark. Don't want to end up in jail (been there, done that), but do support this post. Xbox needs the extra button support.