DiRT Rally 2.0: Seasons 3 & 4

8 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

apparently the season pass or whatever it's called for Seasons 3+4 is up on the EU PSN store, but it's not out on the US PSN store.

and the two new cars from Season 3 are supposed to release on Tuesday.

does this mean that US PSN players are going to have the season pass released for purchase at the same time the cars are released?

getting kinda worried here that it's not up yet considering some of the issues with the DLC releases in the past.

these are supposed to go up for sale the same day the cars are released. 

imo this is not a good idea, and I think it'll be a mess with people having to wait longer than they'd like to have the cars unlock for them, but this is just CM shooting themselves in the foot for no reason - again.

I'll probably just get it on sale. I'm not really into the Season 4 (other than the Clio and South Africa) and I'm happy to wait. 

• Agree 2

It's more complicated than you think @ianism 😉

Anyways, we're expecting some things to go live on stores at different times. Made mention of it in the Roadbook.

As mentioned above, Season 3 kicks off next week.

Many of you are wondering when various content bundles are going live on your platform’s storefront. Some will be available on the morning of August 27, with the remainder becoming purchasable a day or 2 later.

The individual car DLCs should be available to buy on August 27 however if you’re wishing to be a Deluxe player for Seasons 3 and 4 you’re best off waiting of the bundles to go live.

Once they do go live it may take a while for in-game entitlements to be updated allowing Deluxe players to play with the content without additional purchases. Based on recent DLC releases this usually takes between a few hours and a day, so don’t be alarmed if your content isn’t appearing or unlocking immediately.

As always, keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for updates on when everything is live on your platform.

You shouldn't have to "buy the cars twice". If the cars are out but the bundles are not, and you want to be a Deluxe player for Seasons 3 and 4, wait for the bundles instead of getting the cars individually.

We're expecting everything to go up on Tuesday, but 1 or 2 things might slip into Wednesday.

Monday's a Bank Holiday in the UK.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's more complicated than you think @ianism 😉

Anyways, we're expecting some things to go live on stores at different times. Made mention of it in the Roadbook.

You shouldn't have to "buy the cars twice". If the cars are out but the bundles are not, and you want to be a Deluxe player for Seasons 3 and 4, wait for the bundles instead of getting the cars individually.

We're expecting everything to go up on Tuesday, but 1 or 2 things might slip into Wednesday.

Monday's a Bank Holiday in the UK.

That is right. I thought that I will have got to buy Season 3 and 4 every two weeks (do you understand, what I mean?) but then I saw this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1142800/DiRT_Rally_20_Deluxe_20_Season34/

so I am waiting for that and then I will buy Season 3 and 4 at once. Just like I did with first two Seasons when I bought Deluxe Edition.

But probably, I will always regret one thing. As I had already bought Deluxe Edition, it will be nonsense to buy Super Deluxe Edition instead of buying just Seasons 3 & 4 on Steam individually. And maybe if Super Deluxe Edition is something extra, I mean, not only the game with all 4 DLCs but some merchandise added to that, then I will even consider buying it. Just to get some gadgets. 😉

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

You guys should have a Season bundle to be purchased individually. Like if I just want to purchase Season 3, make it a bit more expensive buying seasons individually than buying the 2. The market will show you this time Season 3 will be way more popular.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 7

okay thanks for the update PJ, I guess i should read the roadbooks more carefully in future :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

The market will show you this time Season 3 will be way more popular.

Agree, there should be option to buy only season 3.
Maby they know rally is more popular than RX and try to force buy both.
That´s why most will buy DLC´s separately or wait -50% sale for bundle.

• Agree 1

At steam a car costs about 2€ (example Opel Manta) and a track 3,50€ (example Monte Carlo) without sale. So it will be 6x 2€ and 2x 3,50€ . Nearly 20€ only for the Rally-content. I think I will spend the remaing 10 Euro für the whole paket to support the development

18 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

But probably, I will always regret one thing. As I had already bought Deluxe Edition, it will be nonsense to buy Super Deluxe Edition instead of buying just Seasons 3 & 4 on Steam individually. And maybe if Super Deluxe Edition is something extra, I mean, not only the game with all 4 DLCs but some merchandise added to that, then I will even consider buying it. Just to get some gadgets. 

imo, super deluxe edition is very unlikely to come with anything new that isn't in the season 1/2 or 3/4 deluxe editions. and there's no reason to buy the super deluxe edition anyways if you already have the base game.

I have a PS4 now, so I'd consider it for that, but otherwise... why have two copies of the same thing on the same platform? I guess you could make a second steam/PS/Xbox account in case your main one gets hacked...

Pretty sure they're having us opt into buying both season 3 and 4 together is so that they only need to make one additional tier of community challenges that covers both these seasons, then they'll be the season 1+2 challenges, and then all the normal challenges.  If they split it up we'd have then the season 1+2 challenges, season 3, and then season 4 challenges seperated.  That's not their style.  

Considering I almost exclusively play the challenges if I don't buy the season 3+4 pack I do not believe I'd get any community challenges featuring the new content, which would make it sort of pointless for me to even buy any new content.  Because of this I have no issues with buying both seasons, and I will be, though I generally don't play rallycross as often.  Only when the mood strikes.  

4 hours ago, ianism said:

imo, super deluxe edition is very unlikely to come with anything new that isn't in the season 1/2 or 3/4 deluxe editions. and there's no reason to buy the super deluxe edition anyways if you already have the base game.

Super Deluxe = Game + S1 + S2 + S3 + S4

Nothing extra compared to the bundles.

If you have Deluxe (Game + S1 + S2) you're better off buying the S3 + S4 bundle.

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If you have Deluxe (Game + S1 + S2) you're better off buying the S3 + S4 bundle.

OK, but how about Seasons 3 and 4? I thought that if I received previous Seasons contents on Monday, I will be able to buy next Seasons on Monday. So have I got to wait untill tomorrow for S3+S4 bundle?

23 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

OK, but how about Seasons 3 and 4? I thought that if I received previous Seasons contents on Monday, I will be able to buy next Seasons on Monday. So have I got to wait untill tomorrow for S3+S4 bundle?

Yes, wait till tomorrow.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

yah, exactly!

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Yeah, I have seen it just a moment ago. It is really cool to see that car back but I really regret that it didn't receive Colin McRae's Martini livery again. I think that this livery would be really suitable for this game as it is new 'Rally 2.0'. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Yeah, I have seen it just a moment ago. It is really cool to see that car back but I really regret that it didn't receive Colin McRae's Martini livery again. I think that this livery would be really suitable for this game as it is new 'Rally 2.0'. 

Yeah but unfortunately Martini's policy on video game advertising seems to have changed since CMR2.0: of course the Martini logos have to be removed for video games but iirc it was because of Martini themselves that the red stripes were also removed from the Williams cars of recent F1 games :classic_huh:

So, unfortunately, unless the devs find a way to enable the folder method for skinning DLC cars, we're a bit stuck. Unless Codies decide to or can put the 2001 livery in minus the red stripe....Focoshop.jpg.ebae959a0321d1a99f2016ea02c36037.jpg

All that being said, I'm glad that Codies have been able to put in an authentic livery of some sort (looking at you, 2007 Focus), even if it is just a testing livery 👍

Edited by Malling
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Malling said:

Yeah but unfortunately Martini's policy on video game advertising seems to have changed since CMR2.0: of course the Martini logos have to be removed for video games but iirc it was because of Martini themselves that the red stripes were also removed from the Williams cars of recent F1 games.

So, unfortunately, unless the devs find a way to enable the folder method for skinning DLC cars, we're a bit stuck. Unless Codies decide to or can put the 2001 livery in minus the red stripe....Focoshop.jpg.ebae959a0321d1a99f2016ea02c36037.jpg

Even this could be better than plain white.

Here's another idea - Codies seem to be good at getting Petter's liveries, after all... :classic_wink:

PetterSolberg-1999SanRemo.jpg02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Will Greece and Finland have more than one rain force option or like Wales it will be heavy rain only and nothing more?

Do you plan to improve graphic quailty of falling heavy rain like you did with rain drops on windshield?

Rain on windshield looks great but falling rain looks very bad in my opinion and DR1 had much better rain.

I can't understand why graphic quality of this game is so uneven. Some thing looks amazing and some very bad.

Edited by Fanatyk91
  • Like 1

Hi, i wanted to buy the pack of the season 3+4 on xbox one, but the price seems a little higher than what I had seen.

I compare the price with the store playstation and there is a difference in price, is this normal ?

I'm in France and on the Xbox store is 26,99€ but on PSN is 24,99€, is it normal to pay 2€ more ?

01.thumb.jpg.9e331a2ea4578459fe6b898381c5d593.jpg

02.jpg

1 hour ago, Benji0025 said:

Hi, i wanted to buy the pack of the season 3+4 on xbox one, but the price seems a little higher than what I had seen.

I compare the price with the store playstation and there is a difference in price, is this normal ?

I'm in France and on the Xbox store is 26,99€ but on PSN is 24,99€, is it normal to pay 2€ more ?

@PJTierney You wrote in roadbook that price will be the same as first deluxe content pack? I paid (Polish currency) 87,99 PLN for first one right after the release, and the new one is 124,99 PLN in the store. That's more than 40% rise in price compared to the first one...

image.png.d39f6a66c78ca8819ed3c8d8a49208c4.png

image.thumb.png.04ecd981f840eef635ce67f4593b8776.png

image.thumb.png.0fd26123bc9e31267a68b4b1c39ce4c4.png

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Benji0025 said:

I have no idea. it's not in the Canadian PSN and Xbox stores yet.

the Season 3/4 pass is on Steam, but there is no price.

edit: price is up on Steam. $33.99 (canadian). exact same price as for deluxe edition seasons 1/2

Edited by ianism

On 8/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, Riggs said:

You guys should have a Season bundle to be purchased individually. Like if I just want to purchase Season 3, make it a bit more expensive buying seasons individually than buying the 2. The market will show you this time Season 3 will be way more popular.

My mood was very bad when I did not see the opportunity to buy season 3 separately.  although it is in the steam database.  I want to buy only 3 season.  Season 4 I do not need for free.

Posted (edited)

Bought S3 and S4 (not interested in S4, but codies made a really good game, so I need to support dev), will wait for S5/6 :)

Edited by virgism

Myself, just want the season 3 Dlc, so will be buying it all as separate items, i have no interest in Rally-cross, and season 4 is all about rally-cross. 

No complaints at Codies though, they need to cater for everyone, but a separate season 3 dlc what have been nice. 

• Like 1