DiRT Rally 2.0: Seasons 3 & 4

Just now, tbtstt said:

The addition of the 2019 versions is something that I imagine is only going to appeal to the most die-hard rallycross fans. 

Like me 😄 probably only going to buy Season 4 to be honest, can do without Abu Dhabi and the rally stuff doesn’t really interest me unfortunately 

• Like 2

Just now, MattyH1812 said:

Like me 😄 probably only going to buy Season 4 to be honest, can do without Abu Dhabi and the rally stuff doesn’t really interest me unfortunately 

Don't let the rally guys hear you say that... 😄

...I am interested in rally and rallycross, so I'll be picking up both seasons. I daresay you won't miss much skipping Abu Dhabi though! 

• Agree 1

One likes mother and one daughter, that´s why it would be nice that you could buy S03 and S04 separately but you have to get both.

Surely there will be -50% discounts if not hurry.

some of the 2019 RX cars have great liveries though.

The 2019 Audi liveries in particular are fire:

56411000_2484051528273993_32566751528086

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zenixinous said:

Holy **** guys. Bugs are left to be fixed and you're trying to get more money?

But the art/modeling team needs something to do. I'm pretty sure they're not the ones you should assign to bugfixing

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

We're slowly getting close to that beautiful lineup 😄 The first 4 cars of that lineup are already present (Lancer Evo VI instead of the VII). I'd only ask for the Xsara, anything else is a bonus for me 😄 

Can't wait to see a picture of the 206 with DR2's graphics.

image.thumb.png.6a8ce4fc37253169e92bd846f551acd0.png

And yes, I was also expecting a new rally location instead of the RX track in S3. I was actually expecting Corsica to make an appearance, more than Portugal or San Remo, and for that I'm disappointed. I think once again the RX content is overkilling it, but whatever. It was somewhat expected.

But I'm really happy to see the 206 finally coming back home after a long time away. Plus it's always nice to see Greece and Finland making a return. We'll have 12 rallies by the end of season 3, which is what we all requested back in DR1. So in that term, I think we're set! I will however welcome and pay for any other rally content that may come after season 4, if there's any. Say Portugal, Corsica, San Remo, Kenya, or extra stages for current rallies. The same applies to the cars like the Xsara, Impreza 1997-1999 and any others from that spectre.

Like many others, I'll also pass on Season 4, as RX doesn't interest me at all. You can be sure Season 3 is a buy though. There are cars that were hinted with sound recordings for DR2.0 (Impreza 97 and Legacy) that still have not been announced, which leads me to think Season 5 is a possibility and will be the final season.

PS: Please let us mod the liveries for these 2000s cars! It's as much important as bringing the cars themselves.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

7 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

some of the 2019 RX cars have great liveries though.

The 2019 Audi liveries in particular are fire:

56411000_2484051528273993_32566751528086

I like the RX Cartel Audis, but I think the plain car used by Szabo looks pretty mean as well! 

• Agree 1

Well, I'm hyped. Had 2 bad days, but now I am happy again 😄

I am ok with just Greece and Finland fully remastered for DR 2.0. A complete new location or more stages for existing ones would have been cool, but I get that this is probably too much work (and risk) for this game. Maybe at least more weather conditions for all stages possible?

A bit too much RX focused for my taste, but before @JorritVD starts yeeling at me ( 😄 ), I recently started to play much more RX and have much more fun than expected, so go on. Lydden Hill is a very good choice, the other 2 I absolutely have no clue about. Well see.

Another 2 seasons mean another half year of support for the game -> more fixes 🙂

There are still some things I wanna see fixed in the game and chances it will happen seems to be more likely now.

Anyone have a clue what VW Golf Kit Car that is?

Anyway, I will buy the full package before 27th August. Played the game for nearly half a year now and besides some annoying bugs (some are still present), the game is a fantastic experience, one of my most favourite racing games this gen, if not the best.

Kudos to the developers! Hoping for another half year of good support!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Anyone have a clue what VW Golf Kit Car that is?

I believe @PJTierney has already confirmed it is this one: 

bild14456.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Warning: personal opinions ahead

---

The Good:
- Greece, loved it in DR1, first screens look great
- Finland, I never enjoyed in DR1 despite the stages being superb; can't wait here
- 'New' manufacturer in Seat, good stuff
- The 206, a lot of people have wanted to see that for a while - kudos
- Each new class has felt much more in-depth than in previous games, bonus points for the extra F2 car
- VERY consumer friendly practice for those of us only interested in the rally content, putting it all in S3 - thank you

The Bad:
- The majority focusing on RX content, Season 4 isn't for me!
- Over the 4 seasons, the DLC content will bring 24 cars, but none of those are for my favourite classes: H2 RWDs and RGTs
- Strange selection of RX venues; neither 2018 or 2019 calendar will be completed
- Little sad not to see the rumoured Nissan F2, but it's not my favourite class

The Ugly:
- The 206, Focus and Impreza being in a different class to the Evo VI and in the same class as the late 2000s cars

---

On the whole, very pleased and in bringing the two expected rally locations in Season 3 you've exceeded my expectations there - I'm a bit sad not to see the superb RGT class expanded and somewhat disappointed that the superb 'late 2000s' class you created is going to be invaded by the early 2000s cars, but I suppose this isn't uncommon in regional rallying - I hope the pace differences between the cars is adequately captured though.

Finland preview shots lots great; I've always liked the slightly autumnal feel to it but it looks much improved over the already superb DR1 version. Can't wait to try that with proper airborne physics.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

The Ugly:
- The 206, Focus and Impreza being in a different class to the Evo VI and in the same class as the late 2000s cars

This.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SlowSwede said:

Of course, should have noticed that before. Well all aboard the hype train then. Keeping my fingers crossed for a official livery (White from 99, silver from 00, silver/red from 01-02 or red from 03. Anyone would be great, but hoping for silver/red)

HELL YEAH!!! 1999 was my year i fell in love for the WRC, 206 and at that time CMR2.0. 

OMG, i'm really 40 years old now!!! But still loving it 👌

• Like 3

mmhhh... pity only that there is no hyundai i20 R5 (a car from Dirt4 that needs quite no adaption work)

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Adriano1976 said:

mmhhh... pity only that there is no hyundai i20 R5 (a car from Dirt4 that needs quite no adaption work)

Or no Hyundai rallycross car: I smell licensing issues! 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

The Ugly:

- The 206, Focus and Impreza being in a different class to the Evo VI and in the same class as the late 2000s cars.

Well they aren't Group A cars...

The real ugly for me is the lack of real new rally track.

Edited by toninus
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I mean the 206 and 2001 Focus is fantastic news, but I'm really excited for the return of F2 kit cars. They were so much fun to throw around in DR1 and nimble as anything to boot - can't wait to try them out in Spain and New Zealand.

• Agree 2

Considering amount of work needed to release a location built from scratch (imo it takes most resources while building a game, having gfx engine ready), I pretty sure new tracks won't happen

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Sure but for example the Kylotonn team managed to do in one year new environments for V-Rally 4 , then one year after new tracks for WRC8 (lets say half of the tracks are new).
At the end of season 4 DR2.0 will be one year old...

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Considering amount of work needed to release a location built from scratch (imo it takes most resources while building a game, having gfx engine ready), I pretty sure new tracks won't happen

Yeah, I think that is a realistic view.

Given the resources required, I thought we might season 4 was the earliest we might see a new location, but I think season 5 onwards is more feasible. 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

OK but:

1. Why we still receive old rally locations from 'DiRT Rally (1)'? Now, we will have got 2 games in one when it comes to rally aspect of the game.

2. If we receive Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 will we receive this car with Colin McRae's Martini Livery? And if we won't, will there be any chance to get it as one of the special liveries?

3. Will I have to buy it on Steam if I am the deluxe edition owner?

As Rallycross DLC is wonderful mainly because it brings us something brand new, Rally DLC is just recycling, some kind of remaster. As 'DiRT Rally' owner I expect completely new content in 'DiRT Rally 2.0'.

I suggest making 'DiRT Rally 3' than carrying on 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. I have got the feeling that this game starts to growing up like tapeworm. After these Seasons you will see.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Why we still receive old rally locations from 'DiRT Rally (1)'? Now, we will have got 2 games in one when it comes to rally aspect of the game.

1. Because a lot of us (customers) asked for that
2. Because DR1 is not going to be updated, so locations known from this title have a chance to be played in upgraded environment (gfx, physics, vr -wise).
3. Yes, it has been answered already. Deluxe contained Season 1 and 2 only. But you don't have to buy it. Only if you want it.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

1. Because a lot of us (customers) asked for that
2. Because DR1 is not going to be updated, so locations known from this title have a chance to be played in upgraded environment (gfx, physics, vr -wise).
3. Yes, it has been answered already. Deluxe contained Season 1 and 2 only.

OK, so why people complained that Wales comes to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'? Are they divided into those who want old locations from DR1 back and those who don't?

Posted (edited)

Obviously so.

TBH I don't know if they complain about lack of new original locations or about locations ported from DR1. Since they are not forced to buy anything, I would say it's about the first case.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Just to elaborate on my previous point - as I see it already has a dislike - my comment is based on information Paul Coleman gave us a few years ago.

The amount of time required to build a new car from the ground up was surprising, the amount of time required for new rally stages was unbelievably labour intensive. 

It has already been stated that a lot of the team are working on other title(s) so, with that in mind, I don't think all new rally locations were realistic in the earlier seasons. 

As said above though, the game will be a year old at the end of season four and, considering that, I think that new rally locations should be a feature if further seasons are coming. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1