DiRT Rally 2.0: Seasons 3 & 4

Stop straining us please! How much will cost sesason 3 and 4?

If its not included in deluxe edition I am moving to WRC 8 in September

thx

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@JesseDeya Yeah, look it's not ideal.

Sometimes it feels like there's a base of rally fans, and Codies are 'the only game in town'. So we've forked out how much now, for 4 new tracks and 8 remasters, (plus the best RX ever)? I've lost count of the dollars tbh.

But there's another aspect to this: the review-bombing the game received on Steam (and consoles). So perhaps we are subsidising the lower sales which were a consequence?

But also, this is more than a 'game'. It's a realisation of a simulation ideal that we tasted with RBR, and DR1.0 was just a work-in-progress for. There is nothing else out there that does the job. It's a first. And I am deadly sure that CM staff work their absolute butts off in their jobs. Hardcore simulation rally is just not a popular, easy sell.

I have faith in the market, and do not believe CM are obliged to do anything. But I also believe that if they attend to the features we are pointing out to them, it will help everyone.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 5

25 minutes ago, CCR CABADAJ said:

thx

chill. you'll find out when we all do.

they said from the beginning the Deluxe edition got you Seasons 1 & 2 only.

37 minutes ago, CCR CABADAJ said:

thx

Be patience or Bye 👋🏼

Just been announced yesterday and PJ said they are setting up the stores soon, so the price will be known soon as well.

It is not included in the Deluxe edition if you have read the announcement well. Codemasters alsways communicated well from the beginning that the Deluxe version only included the first two season. So you can’t demand the new seasons will be in it, as they never said this. 

I guess this means you will go to WRC8, so bye!!!

• Disagree 1

All this future talk is interesting, but one thing to consider is that we're on the verge of a console generation change, with new PlayStation and Xbox machines on the horizon.

24 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

All this future talk is interesting, but one thing to consider is that we're on the verge of a console generation change, with new PlayStation and Xbox machines on the horizon.

The difference though, the current gen has a lot of (millions and millions) or sold platforms. The new gen needs a lot of years before they have a lot of platforms sold again. 

From the PS4 there are 100 million sold. Of course some died or upgraded. But lets say 50 million are still regular active. This is a big market compared to a new PS5, which might take a few years to even reach this numbers. 

Of course need to invest in the new gen, but current gen helps with that investment. I wouldn’t be suprised that DR2.0 is also an heavy development project so a lot of materials is being made, so it is easier to use for the next gen or game. Maybe the models are already PS5 proof, but downgraded for PS4. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

DIRT PS5.0 CONFIRMED. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, AhcannyC said:

I guess one issue is, how do you convince people who spent £100 on DR2 (game*seasons) to rebuy another £100 game when the last one had missing features such as dash cam etc. 

GriD 2 suffered the same fate! History shows us that this isn’t a good road to go down! Fixes+Features before more chargers for customers.

There's plenty of time throughout Season 3 and 4 to implement those fixes and who knows maybe some features. The game will keep selling, so it's not a dead end.

Edited by Riggs

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Be patience or Bye 👋🏼

Just been announced yesterday and PJ said they are setting up the stores soon, so the price will be known soon as well.

It is not included in the Deluxe edition if you have read the announcement well. Codemasters alsways communicated well from the beginning that the Deluxe version only included the first two season. So you can’t demand the new seasons will be in it, as they never said this. 

I guess this means you will go to WRC8, so bye!!!

I am not claiming anything, I can read. It just bother me how we get the game in so many parts. 

Imagine F1 2019 that you will get half of the tracks and the rest with DLC trhough the year

Edited by CCR CABADAJ
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, CCR CABADAJ said:

I am not claiming anything, I can read. It just bother me how we get the game in so many parts. 

Imagine F1 2019 that you will get half of the tracks and the rest with DLC trhough the year

You're acting as if you have no choice. The deal up front was 6 locations and whatever else was in the base game for full price. Take it or leave it. Any DLC afterwards are additions and not sliced from the original release as you are implying. It's not like on-disk DLC.

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Season three includes only two new cars and otherwise just old stuff.

Really lazy.

Also, just about anyone is not interested in RX content

Edited by J89
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, J89 said:

Good thing I'm not just about anyone then. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, J89 said:

Really lazy.

The recycling of cars I can sort of agree with, but the tracks not so much, considering all the new cars DR2 has compared to DR1 driving old stages with new cars is and will always be a blast

But then again we're getting the 206 AKA my favorite rally car of all time so I don't mind forking over the money for the season.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J89 said:

Really lazy.

Don't buy it. Problem solved. The DLC is for those who want it.
And next time give us a favour and use default font.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ianism said:

damn it.

image.thumb.png.87b2fe57aebca9893624b618a03924b4.png

Damn man, how many reactions have you been using today?! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Damn man, how many reactions have you been using today?! 

NONE! CODIES ARE BANNING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM,BECAUSE THEY WANT OUR MONEY,ILLUMINATI!,FLAT EARTH!,VACCINATIONS!,MONOCULTURE BANANAS!!!!!!

5hFWTcl.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I found this in the Steam DB maybe these are placeholder for new Tracks 🙂

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by G3tright1337

54 minutes ago, G3tright1337 said:

I found this in the Steam DB maybe these are placeholder for new Tracks 🙂

those have been there for weeks (like, late June). it's possible, but I really doubt it. the way Season 4 is kind of just a bunch of random RX stuff tells me that's the end of the DLC.

also, the other locations have always had Location # and were listed as Encrypted like they are now (see below - screenshot is from April 11: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?do=findComment&comment=414642 )

the 1.13 depots have none of that, and it says "Unused".

I would not get my hopes up if I were you.

1554992792-newlocations.png

• Agree 3

I will pass on Season 4 as I don't like RX. But for me Season 3 is just amazing, I can't wait to play all this great rally content, including the amazing 206 WRC.

This game is so amazing that I would buy and buy rally content for the next years.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Loving that Finland is coming back as remastered. Offcourse I would like to have new stages but I'm more than happy to pay for Finland dlc and all the rally content. 

• Agree 3

Yeah cool but when are we going to get all of this on the Oculus Home version ? Later date does not mean anything. How long do we have to wait ? One week ? One month ? More ? Please let us know we have spent the same amount of money of the people buying the Steam version I guess we should have the right to be informed about an exact release date. Thanks.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:33 AM, J89 said:

Go away please.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, PJTierney said:

Then I hope the new episode will have Dirt rally 2.0 tracks quality and vehicle physics. With more assists eventually, but not like Dirt 4.

And I also hope for more kilometers by location. If the engine completely changes (it never happenned since CMR Dirt 1), they better develop an easier tool to make tracks so we'd get more of them ! I'd be happy with 5 locations and 60+ unique kilometers each. Plus 2-3 more locations coming as dlc.
Eventually, an open world system with different crossroads configurations like V-Rally 4 could work too.

Edited by toninus