DiRT Rally 2.0: Seasons 3 & 4

I honestly wouldn't mind if in DiRT Rally 3 they wouldn't introduce new locations, but instead add new stages to the existing locations (Yes all 12)

• Agree 7

This would be possible with a small the technical gap.
If they have a new engine, it would probably take too much time to port and update them.

2 minutes ago, toninus said:

This would be possible with a small the technical gap.
If they have a new engine, it would probably take too much time to port and update them.

Honestly, I don't really know, what would take more time to do with new engine. Taking old locations back or making brand new ones. 🤔

Why so much talk of Dirt Rally 3 nowadays? 2.0 isn't even a year old yet! It's clear they're still gonna support 2.0 for a long time to come but I've seen so much Dirt Rally 3 talk lately, and I don't get it

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Why so much talk of Dirt Rally 3 nowadays? 2.0 isn't even a year old yet! It's clear they're still gonna support 2.0 for a long time to come but I've seen so much Dirt Rally 3 talk lately, and I don't get it

People are very impatient these days, nothing is enough.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

I don't see anything weird in this. First talk, speculations of 'DiRT Rally' was in 2012. And the game was released in 2015.

26 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I don't see anything weird in this. First talk, speculations of 'DiRT Rally' was in 2012. And the game was released in 2015.

Yeah but that was talk of a brand new IP, not wanting a sequel to a game that's barely 6 months old and has another 6 months of content planned for it, enjoy what we got now people, jeez

2 minutes ago, AdrianSM said:

No dirt 5 . Mas contenido porfavor codemaster . Kitcar and r3 

R3? Do you mean 'DiRT Rally 3'? If you do, I absolutely agree with you.

3 minutes ago, AdrianSM said:

R3 categoría de coches de rally 

Kit Car vehicles are going to be in the near future. But R3? I have never heard about such vehicle class. It might be good tip for Codies.

8 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Kit Car vehicles are going to be in the near future. But R3? I have never heard about such vehicle class. It might be good tip for Codies.

R3 is a step up from R2. A few years ago it was the main class in the British Rally Championship. 

Personally I am not keen on the R3 cars, but they do offer some progression from R2. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if in DiRT Rally 3 they wouldn't introduce new locations, but instead add new stages to the existing locations (Yes all 12)

100x this. I'd happily have 6 locations with the current KMs plus same again. At the moment, the 12 stage rallies feel a bit tiring because you cover the same ground on each; more unique stages per country I'd definitely take over other countries* from this point on.

*except Belgium, obviously

• Agree 1

This is why I'm taking a break from the game until November. At that point there'll be two new-old rallies. I've played them both in DR1, but the total number of rallies by that point might reach the magical 'critical mass' where suddenly the game does not fatigue you with that same-old-stage feeling. Here's hoping, anyway.

The game still badly needs more times of day. Even just a 'morning' for all stages. There's just too much repetition as it is, and the fact the rallies have been staggered throughout the year, coupled with the total replication of rallies from the previous game, has just dulled what would have been a long honeymoon with DR2.0. That and the ridiculous number of night stages which frankly are just a chore most of the time. If the night lighting could get an atmospheric shake-up that might help.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Agree, for me a couple more times of day (even if the sun doesn't move) for the rotation is the #1 one thing left - it's nice that the list is down to that TBH, hopefully within 6 months they can add morning and noon lighting to some stages.

• Agree 4

Some new (old) weather options would be very appreciated. There were a great many of them in DiRT4.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Agree, for me a couple more times of day (even if the sun doesn't move) for the rotation is the #1 one thing left - it's nice that the list is down to that TBH, hopefully within 6 months they can add morning and noon lighting to some stages.

Would be so good. I seriously doubt it'll happen though. If a FoV slider and Dashcam are each "Sorry, too much resources required"...

We live in hope anyhow. Shame as this could have been the perfect rally iteration for CM had they dealt us more variety.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Yep, dawn or twilight would be good idea.

150% on board with more times of day. 

I've been whining about this since I first started playing the game and I ain't stopping.

less into more weather. I want it, it's just less important to me.

Dirt 4 was super immersive because of the combination of these two things: it'd start raining in the morning, then at noon it'd be pouring rain, the light drizzle in the afternoon, then fog patches in the evening but still with a wet road, then clear up overnight for two stages and be bright and sunny the next morning (there were two different lighting conditions at dawn alone). it was absolutely ******* brilliant.

• Agree 3

Supposedly, it's easier now for them to add more times of the day because they no longer have to manually place the shadows in the map. The lighting is dynamic. So i don't know why there's less times than in the previous games. It has no logic.

I'm also missing some weather combinations, specially fog. There's no fog anywhere, and fog in Wales is a must. I hope some kind of volumetric fog is introduced in a patch. I liked the patches of fog and the foggy weather in DiRT4.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Supposedly, it's easier now for them to add more times of the day because they no longer have to manually place the shadows in the map. The lighting is dynamic. So i don't know why there's less times than in the previous games. It has no logic.

Not sure where you read that? I am certain there's a quote on here (from Discord) where Urgaffel mentions the lighting is done by hand this time round.

But notwithstanding that, I wholeheartedly support a push to make more times-of-day the number one new feature we might get. As keeper of the 'Riggs List' I hope you can impress it upon them 🙂

Edit: and agree with the fog!

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

I'm also missing some weather combinations, specially fog. There's no fog anywhere, and fog in Wales is a must. I hope some kind of volumetric fog is introduced in a patch. I liked the patches of fog and the foggy weather in DiRT4.

Fog was great in DR1 too. I loved those fog clouds hovering in the forest.

If we talk about weather, do you think that storm as new weather combination would be good idea? As I remember, such weather condition featured in 'Colin McRae Rally 2005'.

7 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

If we talk about weather, do you think that storm as new weather combination would be good idea? As I remember, such weather condition featured in 'Colin McRae Rally 2005'.

The wiper animation looks more realistic than DR2 😂

3 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Not for me; I’ve seen rally cars in sun, rain, morning, noon, night and snow - I’ve never seen a rally with a thunderstorm; they’re just very rare.

(I’m aware someone can probably find some footage, but it’s still super rare compared to, say, morning)

• Agree 2