2001 Focus and Subaru

Great rendering and handling but is the Scooby engine sound a placeholder? Doesn't have the boxer 4 growl. And the Focus, the brake lights don't work if the headlights are switched on. The rear lights are too strong. Other than that, a great addition.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Great rendering and handling but is the Scooby engine sound a placeholder? Doesn't have the boxer 4 growl. And the Focus, the brake lights don't work if the headlights are switched on. The rear lights are too strong. Other than that, a great addition.

Subaru probably has equal length headers, so it wouldn't sound like a normal subaru.

2 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Subaru probably has equal length headers, so it wouldn't sound like a normal subaru.

What are headers?

(I really don't know it)

51 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

What are headers?

(I really don't know it)

"Header" is another term for the exhaust manifold. 

Group A cars, early JDM models and many export models (including the UK cars up until mid'00's) used unequal length headers. That is what gives those cars their distinct "burble". 

Equal length headers are better for performance, so the WRCars all utilised equal length headers. 

• Thanks 2

From the WRC seasons i've seen on Youtube, the sound is accurate.

• Thanks 1

in the online multiplayer (custom championships), if you do not have the new season pass yet and someone selects the <2000cc class, you have access to the Focus but not the Impreza!

bought season 3,4 but not able to play daily challenges for season 3.says missing privileges you need to purchase from store ???????any ideas anyone,pj where are you pal.🙏

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

From the WRC seasons i've seen on Youtube, the sound is accurate.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but here is a pretty good video for comparison: 

• Like 1

I just bought the season 3 and 4 pass on xbox.  Focus and subaru are available in time trial, but not in my garage or my team.  Anyone else with this problem?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I had a Forester STi for a while, it didn't make the standard sound, someone at the garage said the headers were straight/equal hence less rumble but better performance.

2 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I had a Forester STi for a while, it didn't make the standard sound, someone at the garage said the headers were straight/equal hence less rumble but better performance.

Forester STI was a JDM model, so twin-scroll turbo and equal length headers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney

So, I missed a deluxe daily because of this. Any chance we get this fixed before I miss another one?

We're working on it 😉 

dlc still not working pj here in uk come on pal push harder for this to be a thing of the past please for the love of god,(other gods are available)

Thank you Codemasters for those DLC cars... Sorry, but i have to say i am not satisfied  with the results.

What engine/exhaust sounds comes with the Subaru Impreza???  That is NOT a sound of an Impreza STI

Also trouble with the Focus exhaust sound, which different a lot to a real car's exhaust sounds...
Did you finish already this job?

This parts in the headlights should be painted black instead of chrome

focus_headlights1.thumb.jpg.a549caac82b8fadc730d2c9867caa523.jpg

Also you have to check under engine bay the specular map, 'cause that part also shining like mirror
focus_headlights2.thumb.jpg.8596b876fd8bb8e062008a00feee185d.jpg

55 minutes ago, mesa said:

What engine/exhaust sounds comes with the Subaru Impreza???  That is NOT a sound of an Impreza STI

Are you basing your opinion on the sound of a road car or WRCar @mesa

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Are you basing your opinion on the sound of a road car or WRCar @mesa

Because i was lucky to drive them both - my opinion is based on real sounds.

dl7sZCg.jpg

Also i know Gergő Borsi and his ex Subee in your YT examples, he is already a TV presenter for a while ...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You've driven an Impreza WRCar @mesa? Damn, that's seriously cool, what car did you drive?