Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

2001 Focus and Subaru

cafe5150

Great rendering and handling but is the Scooby engine sound a placeholder? Doesn't have the boxer 4 growl. And the Focus, the brake lights don't work if the headlights are switched on. The rear lights are too strong. Other than that, a great addition.

51 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Great rendering and handling but is the Scooby engine sound a placeholder? Doesn't have the boxer 4 growl. And the Focus, the brake lights don't work if the headlights are switched on. The rear lights are too strong. Other than that, a great addition.

Subaru probably has equal length headers, so it wouldn't sound like a normal subaru.

51 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

What are headers?

(I really don't know it)

"Header" is another term for the exhaust manifold. 

Group A cars, early JDM models and many export models (including the UK cars up until mid'00's) used unequal length headers. That is what gives those cars their distinct "burble". 

Equal length headers are better for performance, so the WRCars all utilised equal length headers. 

2 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I had a Forester STi for a while, it didn't make the standard sound, someone at the garage said the headers were straight/equal hence less rumble but better performance.

Forester STI was a JDM model, so twin-scroll turbo and equal length headers. 

Thank you Codemasters for those DLC cars... Sorry, but i have to say i am not satisfied  with the results.

What engine/exhaust sounds comes with the Subaru Impreza???  That is NOT a sound of an Impreza STI

Also trouble with the Focus exhaust sound, which different a lot to a real car's exhaust sounds...
Did you finish already this job?

This parts in the headlights should be painted black instead of chrome

focus_headlights1.thumb.jpg.a549caac82b8fadc730d2c9867caa523.jpg

Also you have to check under engine bay the specular map, 'cause that part also shining like mirror
focus_headlights2.thumb.jpg.8596b876fd8bb8e062008a00feee185d.jpg

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Are you basing your opinion on the sound of a road car or WRCar @mesa

Because i was lucky to drive them both - my opinion is based on real sounds.

dl7sZCg.jpg

Also i know Gergő Borsi and his ex Subee in your YT examples, he is already a TV presenter for a while ...

Archived