Setups and settings saga

Hi everybody,

Here are some useful tips on setups and settings.Soon more about it....

• Thanks 2

Great tutorial, but would like to see how much each part is upgraded as I’ve tried using your identical setup but still can’t achieve the speeds and lap times that you are achieving.

• Agree 1

Do you have VIP membership? You aren't being charged credits to do retries.

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Do you have VIP membership? You aren't being charged credits to do retries.

I have Season pass and VIP since May

I am sure you have a very well set up car, but for those of us who collect an upgrade here and there promising an increase in performance, have you found that in a normal Grid Start Duel that you have a considerable speed advantage over the 20 or so cars in the field? Do you race past every car and finish first all the time or is the allure of “more parts for more speed” simply a fallacy that keeps us aiming for some kind of performance rating that will finally have us beating all competitors?

Edit: I ask this because in the last few days I scored a Legendary upgrade and a huge Epic upgrade which sees me easily breaking my old lap record times, but I'm losing so many duels. I mean, a lot! Every opponent is heaps faster than me, so what's the point of getting an upgrade if it doesn't make you more competitive. Is it a marketing ploy? Make you think you're going to win more races if you buy credits and upgrade?

Also of note: Is it just me or are there some circuits where you always win, yet other tracks where no matter how perfect your lap is, the other driver is like a slot car, it just sticks to the green line at full speed and never makes a mistake.

Edited by Dr Zaius
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I am sure you have a very well set up car, but for those of us who collect an upgrade here and there promising an increase in performance, have you found that in a normal Grid Start Duel that you have a considerable speed advantage over the 20 or so cars in the field? Do you race past every car and finish first all the time or is the allure of “more parts for more speed” simply a fallacy that keeps us aiming for some kind of performance rating that will finally have us beating all competitors?

Edit: I ask this because in the last few days I scored a Legendary upgrade and a huge Epic upgrade which sees me easily breaking my old lap record times, but I'm losing so many duels. I mean, a lot! Every opponent is heaps faster than me, so what's the point of getting an upgrade if it doesn't make you more competitive. Is it a marketing ploy? Make you think you're going to win more races if you buy credits and upgrade?

Also of note: Is it just me or are there some circuits where you always win, yet other tracks where no matter how perfect your lap is, the other driver is like a slot car, it just sticks to the green line at full speed and never makes a mistake.

Hi Dr Z,

I do not finish every time on 1st place.I belive AI is addapting to each preformance.Yes,higher Preformance Indicator will make you go faster(Not if you put all on brakes)I am kinda trying to focus on each race individually.Its only 1 lap,so I am trying to forget evrything else and focus on that lap.Sometimes it works out,sometimes it dont.Better parts are makeing me more copetitive.I remember when I was in top 50 in overal leaderboard.I am in the top 20 now.I am trying to learn from my mistakes.I don t know how does it works for others but I am trying to win each race I drive.Clean racing no hitting,no plowing and yes,I allways finish my race even if I am losing big.I never quit.I allways belive if my opponent makes mistake,I will have a slight chance to make a comeback...Greetings from Holland and….Race you laterrrr!!!!

Edit….I don t buy Credits.I do have season pass and VIP since May.Tought behinde it was.For season pass-I was planning  from begin to do a lot of retry s in the events and for VIP-I started playing somewhere in de mis April,so I was kinda behinde with everything.VIP is 7 euro a month.For 7 euro you can t buy here even 1 pack of ciggaretes.I do not smoke but tought behinde it is-you can reaserch twice more then without it and you can chose betwean 2 epic parts.Look,I cant say much  blindly about your driving,but if you have some clips I would like to see them and maybe give you some pointers....

Edited by CosareNL
  • Thanks 1

Hello Corsare from Holland!

Thanks for the information. I don't really lose as many races as I claimed. I was just having a period of frustrated readjustment to suddenly acquiring new parts that saw me picking up a second a lap on my previous record times while still not being able to overtake cars. Which I must say is a hard thing to attempt on a straight since the track never seems wide enough and cars drive in the middle of the track. The long straight at Suzuka is an example of this. My set-up is aero and handling based and I have brake assist Off, steering Low and Stability High, not Full. I always leave my thumb on the throttle because braking is much more efficient that way. Around tricky corners like the first bends at China I repeatedly tap the brake just enough to maintain optimum speed. 

I'd love to get your tips on the upcoming Singapore race. Especially how to deal with the left corner at the end of sector 2. I have broken the front right suspension so many times I have lost count.

Dr Z From Australia

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Especially how to deal with the left corner at the end of sector 2. I have broken the front right suspension so many times I have lost count.

Dr Z From Australia

Am so glad to hear that it’s not only me who has broken suspension on that corner 😂

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Practice makes perfect and brake is your friend😉

I will post today flying lap.....

Edited by CosareNL
  • Agree 1

Sorry guys,something came up and I lost more then 10 hours on it.

I did managed to drive shot session.Around 20-25 minutes.

Nead to test some other setups.There will be a retry soon.

Take care all...Race you laterrr!!!

Hey guys,here is decent Duels session.The only game I lost thanks  to my stupidity,making mistake 2 corners before end,

getting penalty and ending 00.02 behinde .13-1 run.Enjoy and….Race you laterrrr!!!

• Thanks 1

Just retook Worlds no1 spot in Germany GP Event 😁😊😋😎🤩

Race you laterrrr!!!