Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Front Wing Breaking Up. Is This a Glitch?

Good evening, I’m new to the forum and registered based on this issue I’m experiencing during my game on F1 2019 so hope I’m posting in the right section.

So, I’m currently at Belgium in my career with Toro Rosso and noticed this ‘breaking up’ of the front wing at Hungary as I switched my camera view from ‘TV Pod’ to ‘Nose’. It’s such a bizarre thing and I can’t ever say I’ve noticed this before. 

It’s also worth noting I’ve not hit anything or bashed a kerb at high speed nor does my MFD show any damage to my front wing.

Does anybody know whether this is R&D related or is it simply a bug on the game? I have attached two images to illustrate what my issue is. 

Thanks,

Kieran

30FB1F43-9EC5-4681-95DF-2A88DABFAD0E.jpeg

FAD085B1-A3B8-4BEA-978F-E53032289AC8.jpeg

I think you need video evidence to show that you didn't hit anything otherwise

no one will believe you, especially CM. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

@Max Sirman Made a topic about this, apparently Eau Rouge causes the issue:

Ah great, thanks for that. I tried looking it up before posting of course but couldn’t find anything. I shall monitor it and see if it happens at Monza. 

The issue is that downforce upgrades in career mode make the car run lower. Unfortunately things that teams in real life would change such as suspension and ride height isn't being adjusted with the upgrades, they're just adding downforce points. This makes the car run lower and you yet the issues like this with the car scraping the ground meaning constant sparking and damage to wings. 

• Agree 2

Generally the AI does not suffer from this. I ended up turning down a tad the damage for the player and turning up AI damage because they are bricks.