Jump to content

analog handbrake

Recommended Posts

Yes practically.  I have not heard confirmation from Codies if this will be addressed, not even a hint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought it up in a recent community meeting as something that people would want to see 🙂 

If it's coming I'll shout about it 😉 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@PJTierney it sounds like someone in CM is surprised about this feature importance. It was always important in rally sims, although someone scratched it out from DR2. I would expect the person who made such design decision (step backward from dr1) had to have strong arguments to justify it.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news - PJ has confirmed that the analog HB is happening!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 3:02 AM, PJTierney said:

I brought it up in a recent community meeting as something that people would want to see 🙂 

If it's coming I'll shout about it 😉 

 

45 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Good news - PJ has confirmed that the analog HB is happening!

 

That's not a confirmation, he said he'd bring it up. Don't jump the gun there.

A lot of us have been waiting very patiently since launch for a proper analog handbrake, so I highly appreciate you asking @PJTierney

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bn880 don't get their hopes up too quick, we know it's coming and should be in 1.9 but @PJTierney hasn't wanted to absolutely confirm it yet since his patchnotes are still "pending" until final QA sign off.

 

But @deadredeyes BN is right - it has been confirmed to be an enhancement, it just comes down to whether or not it will have signoff for 1.9 or get delayed for 1.10

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

@bn880 don't get their hopes up too quick, we know it's coming and should be in 1.9 but @PJTierney hasn't wanted to absolutely confirm it yet since his patchnotes are still "pending" until final QA sign off.

 

But @deadredeyes BN is right - it has been confirmed to be an enhancement, it just comes down to whether or not it will have signoff for 1.9 or get delayed for 1.10

Don't doubt the BN. 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this allow me to set up my th8a as an analogue handbrake on PS4?  I have seen the PC guys do it 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobby1976 said:

Will this allow me to set up my th8a as an analogue handbrake on PS4?  I have seen the PC guys do it 😬

you can do this now but the handbrake is on or off.i have my set up already takes some getting used to but it defo works hope this helps,p,s make sure the firmware for the shifter is up to date first

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, yes I am using my shifter as a digital handbrake in sequential mode.  However,  on steam I have seen PC guys use their t8ha in h-pattern turned sideways as an analog handbrake.   I was wondering if the analog option will be available for PS4 users with the T8ha shifter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby1976 said:

Thanks, yes I am using my shifter as a digital handbrake in sequential mode.  However,  on steam I have seen PC guys use their t8ha in h-pattern turned sideways as an analog handbrake.   I was wondering if the analog option will be available for PS4 users with the T8ha shifter.

Well can you use the shifter/handbrake now for something like throttle or braking?  Does it work in other games as analog ?  That's your answer most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×