F1 2020 - Things to make the game better

We're probably going to get the same game except with updated drivers and cars. There will now be a full f2 season to compete in and a new MP mode which everyone will talk excitedly about before release but complain about after. Then it's some more MT and a couple of patches for 3 months then off to 2021. Full helmet and suit customizations will be on the major feature list. You may also be able to pick your teammate however you start career and coop mp championships might sneak back into the game with a different name, plus the leagues will have a few extra options nobody asked for. 

Kinda depressing ain't it? 

:classic_dry:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Both Sony with their "Playstation 5" and Microsoft with their new Xbox console(s), codename "Project Scarlett", are rumoured to be released in 2020. If so, then F1 2020 might be the final game of Codemasters with the current engine. Just like 2013 to 2014, F1 2020 might be a complete copy of F1 2019 with only little noticable additions/improvements.

In conclusion: Do not get your hopes up for the next title but look forward to F1 2021. New regulations, generation of consoles and hopefully new & more stable game engine.

• Agree 2

Let F2/historic drivers graduate into F1 after they win their respective championships. Add driver ages to the career mode so if older drivers like Kimi hit retirement age, they can be replaced. Would help keep career mode fresh as the seasons progress. 

Make practice more streamlined for people with less time (ie parents like me), but don't penalise development points. I'd like to get through a couple of races in a sitting when I get chance, rather than just one! 

1. Laserscan tracks

2. more benefits for drivers without driving aids

3. no (hidden) benefits more for controller drivers

4. less rain

5. more safety car

6. Same grip conditions in GP mode as in the online lobby

7. original F1 sound for every car

I just had another idea this one is essentially for Classic Cars. 

let players Recreate Classic F1 seasons by allowing players to make Custom Liveries for Classic Cars as well and give us the ability to Change the Driver Names their Countries their Numbers also let us do the same for the team so we can set the team names ourselves to theoretically recreate up to 18 Classic F1 seasons + more since we are a passionate community.

also allow Players to Create drivatars RACE PERFORMANCE SPEC with rating to race against in online and offline modes Maybe even in Career mode?

WE all know licences are an Issue especially when dealing with classic cars from before Codies got their hands on the F1 Licence which I believe is F1 2009 on PSP and 2010 onward on PC and consoles as we know it. But we still have a really good collection of Classic Cars. Now except for 3 instances

Ferrari, Mclaren (1976)

Ferrari, Mclaren (1990)

Ferrari, Mclaren, Red Bull (2010)

all the cars are from different years and that's cool but when you want to race the F2004 you have the option to either race an entire grid filled with decade specific cars or simple race the entire grid filled with the exactly same car. Making it a sort of Spec Racing Series which trust me I seem to enjoy alot more as its more of an even playing field than Me in a Ferrari vs the Mercedes and Red Bull rest all being F2+ but after a while it really gets sorta boring as everyone is a bloody Ferrari now and its really hard to know who I am racing unless I've got a stress free moment to go through the names of the driver ahead and behind me. Now my suggestion are as follows let us set the following

Team Name (Let us Name them or a default name shall appear)

Team Livery (Select a preexisting livery or customize and set our own)

Team Country ?(Why do we even need this its not like we actually use their anthem or even display their flag after the race)

Driver Name (Let us Name them or a default name shall appear)

Driver Country (Let us select their their country or the default shall appear)

Driver Avatar (Let us select one or a default one shall appear)

Driver Ai Skill / Ranking (Lets be honest we are all gonna have Schumacher, Senna, Lauda, Clark, Piquet, Prost, Fangio, Hunt, Hill, Stewart, Mansel, Andretti either in at all times or at least at some point of time and to have them on the grid with us and not be battling us for the win would be ridiculous so if Codies were to let us set them up as the best Ai driver on the grid that would be dope as we can have an entire race going head to head against these legends) 

Import Friends Team(s) (Allow us to import our friends team. Now we all have that one friend who will painstakingly recreate all the classic F1 teams with the actual year specific challenging TEAMS and DRIVERS and a fantasy version of say F2004 BRM or Alfa Romeo or Benz or Brawn or.......well you get the idea, While most of the rest of us all will most definitely have asdf as Driver 1 qwerty as Driver 2 and their team being AAAaaA so let us import them from our friends will ya!!)

Import Friends Drivatars (allow us to import our friends profiles so that we can battle them something very similar to what Forza has done. but take it a step further we already have the perfected TIME TRAIL MODE where we are battling other racer in the car of their choice with their specific setup. Now for races we cannot use ghost but what we can do is have Each Driver have their Own RACE PERFORMANCE SPEC something that takes into account

How fast they are on each track (Great at Belgium, Silverstone, Hungary but **** at Monaco and Spain)

How fast they are on wets, Inters, slicks, the different compounds.

How fast are they during race the race with varying levels of fuel on-board

The Car Setups obviously gets repeated from Time Trials but it can be taken a step further by letting the player set 3 separate Car setups one for the dry race, one for the full wet race and one for the partial wet and partial dry race? intermediate conditions? something in between you get the idea!!

These are the things that are possible within the existing game and should be relatively easy to achieve (yeah right spoken as if I know anything about game development) The following bits should be much harder to execute though and even then how it actually works in game I cant even begin to wrap my head around that

Tyre wear and fuel consumption (now I personally prefer to load up on the maximum amount of fuel do alot of fuel saving till i have about 5+ or even 6+ laps of fuel start with the medium compound Tyre and then make 2 pits for the the soft compound while setting the engine in Max Mode to go real aggressive in the second half of the race after playing it really safe in the first half waiting till the cars have sufficiently spaced themselves out)

how this works in my friends race I have no idea i think we have to be realistic about this part and not expect this level of stuff here cause lets be honest I might as well show up for a multiplayer race in that case. that being said I have an idea on how all of this can be recorded and built. just like how Track Acclimatization works we have the player go to each track and setup his or her RACE PERFORMANCE SPEC by running in different weather conditions (3) for lets say 10-15 laps with their desired Car Setup. now unlike Time Trials where its a clear objective (Beat --- time) and Achievement (Set --- time) in RACE PERFORMANCE SPEC thats not really possible so instead we can have a sort of Performance ranking (1 being the best 100 being the lowest) so I can have a Belgium rating of 24 but will have a Monaco rating of 80 and Silverstone rated at 28 and Hungary rated at 35 so you constantly have a reason to keep updating the RACE PERFORMANCE SPEC or based on your actual race performance have the option to update the Rating and PERFORMANCE SPEC. this can also be used online to tie into the multiplayer rating system? God knows thats messing with Esports and stuff I dont play much online so I'll not make any Comments here. My suggestion are mainly aimed to let us Recreate the Classic F1 World Championships and race them as I am a fan and this would really be a dream come true to race these car against the legends in their Chariots of SPEED. Being able to race online in co-op or singleplayer with my friends would be super DOPE, other than that if it can be used for the modern F1 Drivatar that would be pretty cool my friends would be hate racing against me but I would love to race aginst other racers and keep improving my Race Craft. 

If the above is somehow worked on we can in theory have a total of 18 CLASSIC F1 world championship seasons recreated and lets be honest we all know we some guys will make much more so if possible try and greenlight this Codies fight the licence issue and let us do it 

estimated by counting the various Classic cars available in the F1 2019

2010 Red Bull RB6
2010 Ferrari F10 (F1 2019 Legends and Anniversary Edition bonus)
2010 McLaren MP4-25 (F1 2019 Legends and Anniversary Edition bonus)
2009 Brawn BGP 001
2008 McLaren MP4-23
2007 Ferrari F2007
2006 Renault R26
2004 Ferrari F2004
2003 Williams FW25
1998 McLaren MP4-13
1996 Williams FW18
1992 Williams FW14
1991 McLaren MP4/6
1990 Ferrari F1-90 (F1 2019 Legends Edition bonus)
1990 McLaren MP4/5B (F1 2019 Legends Edition bonus)
1988 McLaren MP4/4
1982 McLaren MP4/1B
1979 Ferrari 312 T4
1978 Lotus 79
1976 Ferrari 312 T2
1976 McLaren M23D
1972 Lotus 72D

just a wild thought imagine a Single player Career mode like we currently do but you can swap out a few driver names with some of your mates so you and your mate can be fighting for the championship even if they do not play F1 how Insane is that?

Edited by Red Demolisher
missed out a point
  • Like 1

Progressive career with friends. 

Easier structured RnD. More simplified practice session. Hotlaps, race spec, tyres, etc. Simply 

No manual ers. 

Classic tracks and the ability to customise a season or change, add or take tracks away. 

Keep driver changes. 

Better structured car upgrades. Teams upgrade too fast. 

Co op 

Make your own team in career 

Winter testing

Story mode in career

• Like 1

MUST have

- Fix the damned bugs. Releasing with game-breaking issues is getting tiresome.

- Have someone actually playtest this game at different race lengths for multiple seasons to see if any gamebreaking bugs/balance issues show up at some point like they currently do.

- Base the odds for bad weather, safety car etc. on real life and let that influence the simulations. The game has been too "wet" for years and safety car tended to switch between "way too often" and "super rare", neither of which make sense.

- Adjust driver transfers to be slightly more realistic (we've got in-season shockers and unlikely contracts here and there in real life, but something like Hamilton switching to Ferrari with a few races to go just looks silly unless there's some contextual backstory that wouldn't be allowed with the license)

- Don't put in interview questions where the only winning move is not to answer or where the entire premise has nothing to do with what happened in the race.

- Balance the difficulty between sessions. Practice, qualifying and race should - slight variations for teams aside - be roughly the same performance level, not shock the players with super hard qualifying times or the AI being super weak/strong in the rain.

NICE to have

- If you still include personalities like Weber/Butler, don't stop showing their faces once you're out of F2. Anything too regular would get old quickly, but a few more cutscenes especially at the ends/starts of seasons and notable events like crashes would do a lot.

- Full F2 season career if the player wants

- Let some F2 drivers move up to F1 after a while. Not super often but getting one or two over a multi-season career sounds practical. Heck this year we got 3 at once but that's a rarity.

- Add a significant amount of new cutscenes, voice lines etc. Not everyone on the podium needs to be happy all the time, especially if drivers clashed or someone was robbed of a better result. Show more of the now higher fidelity of the track surroundings. Let the commentators comment on the season in progress - championship standings, recent results, car development etc. It's especially silly that the game never recognises past events like you winning championships.

- Optional testing sessions based on the real life ones that let you get a bonus on development points or a straight improvement on a part category of your choice or something

- Regulation changes that make some visual difference like front/rear wing sizes 

- Bring back older tracks not currently in use, as DLC if you worry about funding (next season, Germany would be an obvious one, Malaysia is also recent enough, maybe stuff like Turkey)

- Now that we can make our own cars in multiplayer, let us make our own or even AI-controlled teams to join the grid

- Make regulation changes so impactful that they can counteract the speed increase of the cars in the long term so that the simulation doesn't go completely bonkers.

Edited by RaceMyZaru
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Imagine a custom calendar like this. 

Brazil

Canada

Indianapolis

Korea

Vietnam 

India

Melbourne 

China

Japan

Russia 

Imola

Monaco

Holland

Spain - Barcelona 

Valencia

Turkey

Britain

Austria 

Monza

Spa

Magny cours

Edited by inspiretheworld
  • Like 1

If they can't afford other tracks licenses, why not include some non-tier 1 tracks (like, for example, Vallelunga in Assetto Corsa)?

Even better, they could add some fantasy tracks designed by themselves. It would greatly improve the game's longevity at 0 license costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D4rio said:

If they can't afford other tracks licenses, why not include some non-tier 1 tracks (like, for example, Vallelunga in Assetto Corsa)?

Even better, they could add some fantasy tracks designed by themselves. It would greatly improve the game's longevity at 0 license costs.

Interesting but won't happen as new tracks require a significant amount of work even if fake and then FOM would complain people were not using the official tracks. Politics and corporate strategy sadly with their never ending lust for maximizing product image and profits take all the fun out of games, which they fail to see is what games are supposed to be all about in the first place. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Interesting but won't happen as new tracks require a significant amount of work even if fake and then FOM would complain people were not using the official tracks. Politics and corporate strategy sadly with their never ending lust for maximizing product image and profits take all the fun out of games, which they fail to see is what games are supposed to be all about in the first place. 

Imo a "track creator" or "track editor" mode, as in Trackmania, would be amazing.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Imo a "track creator" or "track editor" mode, as in Trackmania, would be amazing.

OF course it would be amazing....so would free tacos and doughnuts for all of us from Codies......

:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

OF course it would be amazing....so would free tacos and doughnuts for all of us from Codies......

:classic_wink:

Free doughnuts and tacos? Where can I sign up for that? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

F1 2019 has made huge leaps of quality in many respects, but I think it is appropriate
list some flaws that unfortunately I still see repeated, and that make this wonderful title
one of the best for lovers of the genre. The aspects to be reviewed in my opinion:

Obviously it is obvious to start with this first point, but I think I speak for everyone,
desiring a driving simulation that TOTALLY points to the simulation and has a graphic
that we succeed in approaching photorealism. Then...

- REALISTIC graphics and appearance.
  It is clear by now that most lovers
  of the racing genre, they want the real simulation
  and more and more photorealistic graphics

- More diversified and punctual radio communications and comments

- A more human voice dialogue system (too mechanical in options and dialogue)
  not to mention the vocal interventions from the boxes that are out of place.

- Accidents at the start, TEST and during the race (collisions involving all parties
  of the car and not just the front wing or a broken arm) I FIND YOU A HUGE SHEEP
  THAT ENDS THE REALISM AND ADRENALINE IN THE GAME.

- I don't think I've ever seen a RED FLAG for a serious track accident during practice
  and qualifications ...

- visible tire degradation: blistering, graining etc. and ... CONSEQUENCES in the tender strategy
  (tires are a fundamental aspect in f1 races)

- Car noise ... work in the 2019 title, but enter the typical noise / hiss of the turbo
  (they are only details)

- Eliminate the interviews (they are useless and I would say also annoying) let your results e
  behavior on the track decide your statistics and your RESOURCE SCORE.

- VISOR CAM (Project cars teaches ...) visual inside the helmet and, please, the possibility to delete,
  in the internal view, the steering wheel (ELIMINATE IT COMPLETELY) for those who play with a steering wheel and a dashboard,
  I don't think it is necessary (ON / OFF)

- More varied, more frequent and frequent car damages, with possible withdrawal from the race (option ON / OFF faults)
  (mechanical, electrical faults etc etc)

- The punctures must be more realistic (they must first delaminate, then explode and then be destroyed)

- Rare large and spectacular accidents

- Personalized helmets with stickers, shapes and textures to make it from scratch as you wish.

- Manual guide on grid position ON / OFF
  (I RECOMMEND THE BOX SYSTEM ADOPTED BY THE "PROJECT CARS" TITLE)

- Full manual route pitstop ON / OFF path
  (I RECOMMEND THE BOX SYSTEM ADOPTED BY THE "PROJECT CARS" TITLE)

- More varied and varied animations and comments (for a long time they become repetitive and boring)

- Marshals that come out and clean the debris instead of disappearing
  (also valid for damaged cars off the track)

- A complete lap at the end of the race with radio from the pits for the result obtained and driving in the closed park
  (ALSO THIS STRICTLY MANUAL)

- Personally you could treat all these aspects instead of dedicating yourself
  the insertion of old cars of the past, unnecessary additional sections
  alternative leagues, which are not the current one.

I GO WITH THE SAY THAT I AM VERY ENUSUS OF THE ENTRY OF THE F2 SEASON ... BRAVI, GREAT IMPROVEMENT.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

FULL , wheel support.... that means all buttons can be mapped , rotary wheels mapping. If this is possible on controller and Thrustmaster rotary dials then it should also be possible on the Fanatec Formula V2.. it’s a joke. Fanatec are partners with codemasters and they sell a wheel that is not fit for purpose, how many returns would they have if we all stood up and sent them back due to that..  Come on guys.. pick up the pieces ... and correct this..