F1 2020 - Things to make the game better

Just my opinion here, and I hope CM could have some input on this, but wouldn’t it be great to have more circuits available than just what they raced in that current season? For instance, I would love to race the Nurburgring Circuit or Fiji! Hell even Indy. F1 will eventually make it back to these circuits one day.

We have a 10 year career mode that is raced on the same tracks every time. Why not be able to switch it up every other year or so with a different track? 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, RBracing86 said:

Just my opinion here, and I hope CM could have some input on this, but wouldn’t it be great to have more circuits available than just what they raced in that current season? For instance, I would love to race the Nurburgring Circuit or Fiji! Hell even Indy. F1 will eventually make it back to these circuits one day.

We have a 10 year career mode that is raced on the same tracks every time. Why not be able to switch it up every other year or so with a different track? 

Because licensing.

F1 2013 was the only version to have non-Championship tracks (as DLC) and you can't buy it new for exactly these reasons.

So, maybe a suggestion for F1 2020 would be to have another studio get the licence and not be dictated to and have some ambition for the game. After ten years of two copy paste game generations it really is reaching the point of no return.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

If they can renew or acquire licenses for content (say 2013 as an example) than it's possible. Problem is codemasters seem to copy and paste every year & their efforts for milking people for the game with false hype without decent enough bugs fixes is evident. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

•More historic tracks

•No manual ers

•Better dynamic weather(wet and dry on certain parts of the track)

•More simplified practice sessions with simple R&D (trying to just beat a certain time for qualy, same with a race time and then a session of just tyre wear stints. Simple)

•Get rid of event weekends and bring a story mode into it. 

•winter testing

•smarter AI, as in mistakes, risk taking, strategies, team switches.

•Co op 

•2 player career or implement career into a online co op mode (R&D)

• Different teams being ahead or behind each season in terms of raw pace. Similar to what is in this year's game just not during a season where a certain team would get a massive spike of performance. 

Can't think of anything else. 

Edited by inspiretheworld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

Can't think of anything else. 

Better implementation of F2.

Adding in F3 for a full Road to F1 story mode that goes into F1 rather than just repetative interview snippets.

More scenario based cut scenes like in this year’s F2 since that really puts you in the shoes of your driver.

More R&D upgrades which can increase the longevity of career mode instead of having the teams maxed out after 3 of the 10 seasons.

Also like you said smarter AI is key because the true immersion is when it feels you’re racing against actual drivers not just some computers.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

1. A tire model like the ACC.

2. AI without template behavior. At least making any mistakes.

3. Graphics without acid colors.

4. Laserscan tracks.

5. Skateboards

Edited by RNoctua
  • Like 2

I would agree you should at least go as deep as a full season in F2 before coming into F1, but adding F3 into the mix I think would be too much money that could be spent on making the game better overall and not just in career mode. 

- AI definitely needs changed. Not only in behavior but I feel like they don’t get damaged or spin as easy as I do. If someone hits me in the rear on a turn I go spinning, if I do it to one of them I still go spinning. I’ve been T-boned before taking me out of the race, but the guy who had me had minor wing damage...

- R&D goes way too fast. No way Racing Point goes from the worst team to the best team in 1 season and Mercedes drops to 5-6th by the 3rd season. 

- Having a track DLC would be cool and being able to change up the seasons in career mode. 

One of the biggest things I would like to see added is being able to create your own team and take it theough career mode. Be able to negotiate with engine suppliers, sponsors etc. to determine where you belong with the other teams. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

F1 2013 was the only version to have non-Championship tracks (as DLC) and you can't buy it new for exactly these reasons.

Is this confirmed or speculation? Loads of Codies games (including OFRR, FUEL, F1 2010 and F1 2013) have been removed from stores for various reasons. The removal of F1 2013 could just be because the music license expired. These are the licensed songs for the game:

• 'Athena' by Daniel Law Heath (F1 2013 Opening Cinematic)
  • 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac (F1 2013 Credits)
Edited by UP100
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Is this confirmed or speculation? Loads of Codies games (including OFRR, FUEL, F1 2010 and F1 2013) have been removed from stores for various reasons. The removal of F1 2013 could just be because the music license expired. These are the licensed songs for the game:

• 'Athena' by Daniel Law Heath (F1 2013 Opening Cinematic)
  • 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac (F1 2013 Credits)

It's to do with licensing, which was the point I was making (not very well). Any of the songs, cars, tracks or drivers could be the reason. You may well be correct.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ok so the 2020 season has been announced! Lets get an update on some tracks and the new schedule lol

Posted (edited)

- I would prefer to have a full GP2 season in career mode before starting the F1 career. That would be better then this current system. Having F3 added would also be great (I would prefer F3 to GP3).

- I would also prefer historic F1 tracks to return. I felt in F1 2013 that the historic tracks have much more replay value than the historic cars (Imola in particular). Also older versions of current racetracks would be great. Early 2000's Silverstone, Spa with the 90's bus-stop chicane, Monza with the 90's double chicane as the first corners, old Hockenheim, etc. Having Nurburgring with the old Nordschleife would be awesome to have as well for time trial!!

- Since F1 have opened the door on driver transfers, who not open the door to having your own team in career mode? That would add a lot to the development programm I think!!

- Expand the interviews. If I've 'scraped the wall' according to the press person, allow me to say I made some mistakes, instead of blaming the team, or car. Change the setting as well, qualy and race top 3 finished could lead to start/finish interview instead of only the weigh bridge we currently get. Not a priority, but would be nice.

- More cutscenes with other drivers ****** off if we've touched on track would also add to the immersion of the game. But this is not a priority.

Edited by Encarnia
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Most missed feature for me is replay saves, solo and multiplayer. The highlights are a step in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'd like to add:

-Helmet Cam with removable tearoffs

-Copy "Look To Apex" from Project Cars

-Improved Engine Sound (at the moment they sound as if the cars are barely revving up, sound at 12300rpm should be audible at 11500rpm)

-Copy "Helmet Editor" from MotoGP19

-F3 / F4 / Karting (rename the game into "Formula Racing" and get rid of the annual 20xx, release seasonal dlcs and make it a platform as in iRacing)

-Realistic wet weather effects (more dense rainspray effect + correct blinking rate of the backlight)

-Realistic car setups as in any decent simulator (create individual track based presets for casuals)

-Telemetry

-Realistic car performance (cars are too slow in the game, especially in highspeed corners and have too much drag)

-Less fog in Bahrains night race

-Realistic Driver transfers (mid season transfers should be a rarity)

-Add the option to get junior and reserve drivers to be included into the pool of Driver Transfers for more variation

-Increase Career Length to 20 seasons

-And for Gods sake, put the following info into the steering wheel for cockpit (and possibly helmet cam) users, else there is no immersion;

Screenshot_20190510-072448_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190510-072439_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190731-122830_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Screenshot_20190731-122941_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Screenshot_20190731-175559_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Screenshot_20190730-192911_SIM Dashboard.jpg

• Agree 1

Also, the Halo HUD and the actual official F1 HUD, not your poorly designed ripoff model that only uses the official Font.

By the way, why don't you use the exact TV opening for the gridline up?

Make all HUD's optional, meaning, Codemasters legacy HUD, Codemasters official Font HUD and of course the actual real life official TV HUD should all be available and customizable to our liking.

Screenshot_20190608-233334_YouTube.jpg

Another point, add the official sponsors to the players helmet and let us customize the driver fully as in FIFA or The Sims or MotoGP19.

So many opportunities left aside to rot over the past 10 years.

Fustrating, eternally frustrating.

• Thanks 1

NOTE: had posted this on reddit a week or so ago found this thread thought it fits here perfectly

First of all I am loving the career mode and driver swaps this is insane!!! this is seriously the first true CaRPG but there is always room for improvement right?

My suggestions are hopefully logical and kinda possible let F1 2020's Career mode simulate the entire F1 career of a driver for say 12-15 years long. cant say I've put any time in the F2 cars cause after a few time trial runs I simply went full speed ahead with the career mode (first time that I've ever actually attempted more than 1 season) so personally if f2 is dropped from the series it makes no difference to me personally speaking.

My suggestion are mainly to have the Racer experience evolve over various seasons and witness how F1 changes over the years by having

The Cars models change (every couple of years) 

The Technology change (Engines, Hybrids, Aero)

The Race Calendar Change (tacks comes in and go out get reshuffled)

The Teams Change (Force India To Racing Point, Lotus To Renault,)

Team Livery / Colors and Overalls change (yearly)

The presentation format change (Old Logo to New Logo ? maybe add the official theme music what else over here? maybe lets have the commentators change and add Nico Rosburg and Jensen Button post their retirement and shuffle through Crofty, Brundle, Davidson, Chandhok, Kravitz)

heck lets even have experimental things like the Double points (last 2-3 race for the 2014 season)

The Elimination Style Qualifying (is used for the first half of the 2016 season)

(The suggested Qualifying Sprint Race on Saturday - Love this idea Alot)

(And the always suggested Revers grid- Personally I dont know if this will be a good idea or how it can even work in F1)

ADD PLAYER CREATED TEAM TO THE F1 CAREER MODE (so that we can all feel like Lance Stroll at-least in the digital world)

Full scale Telemetry + Ai JEFF race engineer to help us improve our driving style and tune the car to our preferences.

Race replay Save feature

My solution of how to implement them are as follows

Now adding cars from the all the various teams (12-11-10) over the last 11 years is insane amount of work so I suggest just like this years F1 game had 3 cars from the 2010 F1 season (Red Bull, Ferrari, Mclaren ) we have only the top 5 or top 4 or top 3 teams from 5 years and 1 common car for the other team's (non top 5 or 4 or 3)

NOTE F1 2019 already has a common car made by the F1 management Ross Brawn for online racing I am simply suggesting that you either make a common car or make use of the cars already made (the top 3 or top 4 or top 5) and replicate those for the other teams with only their respective team colors applied and their own Steering wheel (this should be relatively easy than making an entire car)

I am suggesting these following years to be picked up for the Career Mode

2010 Cause you already have 3 of these cars ready

2013 The last V8 before a significant Rule Change

2015 Cause lets be honest no one likes the 2014 cars there were massive reliability issue and those front wings for almost all teams were HIDEOUS so 2015 is the next solution plus 2015 was a more competitive field as opposed to 2014 where Mercedes ran with it till the end

2017 Massive Aero Change

2020 cause its the F1 2020 Game and there is gonna be a full grid of these cars (have the 2020 season car stretch out for 3-5 years so essentially we have a F1 Career running up till 2023-2025)

Have the Livery and team overalls of each team change every year as they normally tend to in real life. this makes THE RACER feel that something new has just happened (A NEW BLOODY SEASON) and its not just a repeat for 10 years straight (Mclaren went from Silver with Red streaks to Carbon Blackish??? to The Classic Papaya Orange) (Hass from Black red and white to LETS BE HONEST THE LOTUS COLOR SCHEME)

Have team go out and come in (SRT, Catheram, out) (Hass in)

Also allow Team To convert (Virgin Racing to Marusia to Manor) (Lotus to Renault) (Force India to Racing Point)

Another point which can be utilized is that if there multiple teams fighting for the championship till the end then those teams could be starting on the back foot for the next season's initial races as they would have diverted more time and resources to develop the car till the end of the season while the other teams would have already begun the development of the next season car once they were out of the championship race.

(sure I get it a bigger team like say Red bull or Mclaren or even Constructors like Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault would be trend setters as it is their power unit that charges the entire grid but lets be honest do you want a truly authentic season creation of do you want a much better game where you actually would be driving yourself cause otherwise you just need to go with Red Bull from 2010-13 then Mercedes 2014-17 Spend 18 with Ferrari cause they actually had the better engine, good aero the overall package was undoubtedly the best but Vettle threw it away and rest is history, return to Mercedes for 19 again. God Knows about 2020)

beginning development for the next season car in between a current season or towards the end of it, but also have a risk factor associated to such development along with a degree of how aggressively you pursue the development something like a Mild Development or an Intense Development for example (mercedes focus on 2014 V6 hybrid engine development through 2013 and lets count this as an aggressive development and the result is only achieved in 2014 which show they have got a massive lead over the rest of the field) to challenge this (Ferrari go on a aggressive Low Down force development aimed at 2019 but it fails and they have much lower grip though the corners)

both of these were Intensive Development examples as intensive development is essentially focusing mainly in a single department Engine, Aero, powertrain and what not

Mild Development is mainly trying to balance out the Development (Williams started 2014 as the best of the rest sometimes challenging Mercedes itself like in Silverstone 2014 ) now sure we know it was the lack of down-force for that car plus Mercedes engine that helped it really have that incredible straight line speed but lets make a gamey scenario and call it mild Development wherein you have balanced development for the car next year.

The benefit of Mild Development over Intensive development is that Mild has fewer points of failure but still giving you the initial edged over the rest. While Intensive development give an extreme Risk / Reward ratio you either have complete failure and are near the back of the field or you are leading like a king

Have all the race circuits from 2010 to 2020 India, Korea, Malaysia, Nurburgring, Vietnam

even have classic tracks like Imola, Estoril, Circuit De Jerez, Brands Hatch, Kyalami and I have a presonal request of Circuit de la Sarthe and Nordschleife, Indianapolis Motor Speedway . 

Full scale telemetry so that I can see where I'm slower compare it online for races and time trails. would be cool in career mode as well. and if you can add a feature to Jeff to have him explain to me what car tuning i should consider to get the car to work more according to my race style. sort of have me run through a few scenarios to detect my racing style and driving style and then suggest way for me to improve it either by tuning my car or by tweaking my driving a bit. I bet this would be some advanced Ai implementation which would make it the hardest to achieve. the reason why I suggest this is because I've tried to look at videos and guides and try to tweak stuff but there's no way for me to tell how I am actually doing other than this feels good this feels not so good and then try 5 laps in time trails to see if I can break my own personal best. this feature would be super insane if you guys figure out how to do it. heck I would probably becomes best friends with JEFF as opposed now where cool motivation before the race and then shut up the rest of the time except when I want to know stuff about the guys before and after me on tack

The ability to save the race replay along with after race celebrations, there are some dope moment in my race career and it would be super cool to watch those races and cherry pick camera angles and drivers to get some sick race footage montage. THE race Highlight is in the right direction but I am into video editing and would love to cut my career highlight myself it myself

Please do maintain the collection of classic cars you currently have as they are a treat to drive. and please address the random fps drops and stutter it forces me to use the flashback if I am on turns 

these changes should make one hell of a F1 Career mode if you guys bring the F2 content back then even better as more content is always better never a bad thing but seriously I would really enjoy this F1 content alot more. you guys already have done a superb job and for that I Salute you Codemasters.

Edited by Red Demolisher

There are some truly great ideas here, however I can't bring myself to believe that if even 10% of them were implemented, they would be in a functional state at release.

Call me a cynic or negative by all means, but codemasters have a history that backs my stance.

Constructive criticism or overt negativity aside, as an avid f1 fan and gamer, codemasters please get existing features working before developing new ones.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, Formulaoneteam said:

SC

How long has this been a broken feature?

Look at all the hype and excitement around driver transfers, many stated it was the reason they purchased the 19 game, and what was the result? Multiple threads and comments on how badly it was implemented.

R+D is 4 years in, and arguably still not up to scratch.

ERS, another hot topic on the forums, need I continue?

On 8/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, SturmDesTodes said:

So many opportunities left aside to rot over the past 10 years. 

Fustrating, eternally frustrating.

Could not agree more.

Edited by ChasteWand
typo
  • Agree 1

TBH they just rush out games with rushed new features filled with bugs that scream lack of testing. Id like to see them delay the next game to 2021 and bring out a stable game with new features that work.

Yes some great ideas here but they pretty well describe an entirely new game built from ground up (I hate that overused expression BTW!). No company with an annual release game is going to take any risks with their next game as long as sales have been good for the previous iterations. With regard to fixing long term issues it's a software reality that if you fix 1 bug 2 smaller ones will appear after. Once the overall balance and playability is acceptable (yes the bar is set that low) then its cut and paste with new gimmicks for each 'new' game. It's NOT a CM problem exclusively, it's the same with any recurring annual license release. A new studio may well take risks with a lot of major changes but that's just not gonna happen here. Modding I believe is the way forward for the minority of us that want a better game but the majority are always going to be happy as long as the new game looks close to what they see on TV. 

Every assist under the sun : CHECK

T-CAM : CHECK

Driver names :CHECK

Accurate PEGI 3 liveries : CHECK

TV Music :CHECK

etc etc you get my point sadly. 

Still great to see all the new ideas, someone somewhere out there will read them and take heed I hope. 

I have a few suggestions and if you don't listen to me then you are all idiots. 😛

Career mode 2020 should come with two options.

1. You play career as it is with the 2020 driver line up and no changes except real life changes, and you just choose which team you want to play for and driver you want to replace.
2. You can create your own F1 team, which uses the multiplayer chasis, and you therefore have a created team mate as a rival and a 22 car grid, which would be so much fun.

You should also be able to choose whether you want a more quick arcade simulation experience, or a more experienced elite pro simulation experience. In other words, skip testing and practice screens similar to an F1 Championship outside of career mode.

I trust you will make the right decision.

I feel that the game has reached its limit in the current engine. A new engine is needed to fix bugs they were never able to do so. Safety car for instance.

Reading this just highlights the fact of how barebones this game is :S 

Have any of the features mentioned above been implemented in past games? I swear some of them have. Which is doubly disappointing.

10 hours ago, ffigueir said:

I feel that the game has reached its limit in the current engine. A new engine is needed to fix bugs they were never able to do so. Safety car for instance.

Game engine is a different thing. You're talking about the codebase