Sign in to follow this  

How does reputation change after changing team?

I'm driving for Alfa Romeo and near the end of season one and picked the Ferrari academy at the start. I'm thinking about the team I want to drive for in season two, but wondering how my reputation with Ferrari would be affected if I were to move to another midfield team that isn't Haas.

Ideally I'd like to move to Ferrari, but Vettel and Leclerc are 1 and 2 in the championship, so I'm not sure how realistic it would be.

If I go to McLaren or Renault, how would my reputation with Ferrari be affected?

Haas are out of the question, even though they're Ferrari-powered and I have almost maximum reputation with them, as I don't want to go there!

Thanks.

From my experience the reputation with your current team so Alfra Romeo will drop significantly but it should stay unaffected with the others. Having said that I have stayed within the academy “family” for mine so it might be different but I doubt it.

How well are you doing in regards to the car performance? I wouldn’t worry too much about realisticity in terms of replacing a driver which is doing well and doesn’t deserve replacing since driver transfers will more than likely make sure of that anyway.

In the car performance ranking, I'm 8th, so right where I started! I was as high as 6th, but got overtaken by McLaren and Renault. I'm 10th in the championship.

Seems fine to move to Ferrari since you’re outperforming the car unless you want the challenge of moving away unto McLaren or Renault. I was very tempted myself at the end of season 1 but decided to stay in the academy.