Your thoughts on the pricing for Season 3 + 4

Do you think the pricing for Season 3 + 4 is reasonable? [POLL]  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the price is reasonable?

• Yes, US$30 is reasonable
    • No, US$25 would be more reasonable
    • No, US$20 would be more reasonable

Posted (edited)

Personally i was a bit surprised with the pricing. gotta admit i expected this to be i expected this to be US$20. i bought the deluxe edition so had no idea what S1+2 cost. guessing it was also $30.

but maybe i'm in the minority in terms of the thinking the pricing is a bit steep so thought i'd make a poll.

leave your thoughts on the pricing below.

Edited by Tranzitive

El precio me da igual lo que no entiendo es que en una plataforma sea más barato que en otra

Posted (edited)

If you never played Dirt Rally 1, then it’s probably a great deal, 2 new rally’s and some famous rally cars. However, the excitement and value is dampened a little if you are still very familiar with those cars and rallies from the previous game. 

Most season 4 is new to the series i guess though, so that’s something. 

I think it would be good value if it wasn’t mainly recycled.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 2

Personally, I'm fine with the pricing - I'm probably only going to get the locations and F2 cars in the new set (not a fan of RX and I don't like the 2001 cars being in the same class as the late 2000s ones) and think the prices are more than reasonable for piece-by-piece content too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

prices for the deluxe s1/s2 were the same as s3/s4. the thing is that those of us who bought the deluxe version of the base game together paid a lot less, yeah.

(these are all Steam prices, btw, and in USD because that's what OP is talking about and that's the base price on Steam. the prices are a bit different in other countries Canadians essentially get a 13-15% discount - depending on the item - because of the exchange rate: https://steamdb.info/app/690790/)

difference in price between base game and deluxe edition of the game was 20 USD, and the new DLC is 30 USD, so we essentially paid 10 USD less for Season 1/2 than we are being asked to for Season 3-4.

I didn't really play DR1, so all the remastered locations I am ultra happy with. however....

the thing for me is that Season 1+2 had 4 rally locations and 8 cars, whereas Season 3+4 have 2 rally locations and 6 cars. I play and like RX, but  I just don't value that content as much (and I suspect most people who play the game feel the same way), and so I am not super happy paying that much money, especially when (in my opinion of course) they could've just added the 2019 cars that aren't in the game already - Clio, Mini, Ibiza etc. at normal price and then given us the new liveries for the models that are already in the game (Megane, 208, S1 etc.), either for free or in a cheapish paid bundle.

I'll buy it piecemeal as it comes out or get it in a sale. I want to support, because I love this game (I have 350 hours so far in it) but 30$ for that much rally content (and no Spa RX track, nor the Hyundai RX... not their fault I know, but still) is just a bit much for me.

• Agree 3

I'm good with the pricing. no complains from my side. 

Season pass costs 25 euro here. So for one season its € 12,50.

Season 3 gets
- 3 locations. 3 x 3,50 = 10,50
- 6 cars. 6 x 1,40 = 8,40
- 3 livery packs. Which were free as far as I know. But need to own the season passes I guess?
So you could save about 7 euro IF season 3 was standalone for sale AND the price would have been also 12,50.

Season 4 gets
- 2 locations. 2 x 3,50 = 7
- 5 new RX cars, 4 updated to 2019 spec RX cars. 9 x 1,40 = 12,60
- 3 livery packs. Free, but need season pass.
Also now you would save about 7 euro (35%)

In case of Rodger I can understand as he focuses on Rally.

But it is all about perpective.
- If I go a night out, but some shots and some cocktails, maybe some food and my bank account also lost 50 euro. Yes, I had 6 hours of fun maybe, but the next day I also have a possible hangover. 
- Same if you go to the cinema, watch a new movie, get some beers. Also going towards 20 euros for 2-3 hours of film and some beers. 

In case of new DLC content, it could give a lot more hours of fun for the same price. Luckily I am quite in a position that I can afford most things, but I can also understand that for many it is not the case (I also was a poor student once 😛 )

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

p.s sick of this **** every dlc and been charged for the privilege what a joke from conmasters,**** up and brewery spring to mind.

• Haha 2

Say what you want about the pricing, but I'd hardly expect the DLC to be handed out for free like some people would like it to be!
Believe it or not, porting the cars and locations from DR1 to DR2 is more work than just CTRL+C CTRL+V - employees need to be paid somehow for the time spent on this work.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

I personally think the price for both seasons is reasonable, though I accept that I may be in the minority as I am excited by both new rally and rallycross content. 

Season 3 has certainly got off to an encouraging start, as both the new 2000cc additions are brilliant fun (especially the Focus!). 

• Agree 4

I wonder if Greece and Finland will have more than one rain settings or it will be disappointing like Wales with heavy rain only. Game have worse reviews than even WRC7 by the way.

Posted (edited)

The pricing is more than fair. These are fully remastered assets, both the cars and the stages. $30 for two DLC expansions is extremely reasonable, especially if we start comparing to other games - even more so if we start looking at racing titles too. If you don't want S4, don't buy it. The S3 content is like what, $20 for all Rally content full MSRP? 

More than worth it because you are easily going to get more than 20 hours worth of playtime out of it. And if you buy the S3+S4 bundle, we all know you will be getting more than 30 hours worth of playtime from that content. You aren't going to get that kind of return on investment for most entertainment you would spend money on.

4 minutes ago, Fanatyk91 said:

Game have worse reviews than even WRC7 by the way.

Only because asshats like to go on their and post negative reviews with all of 4 hours of playtime. Spouting nonsense and complaining about things they literally have zero knowledge on. If you look at any real reviews of the game from people who actually have time in it and gave it objective reviews - holy **** wow they all praise the game as a massive step forward

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

dlc still not working in uk.

didn't you already refund it? of course it won't work :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Fanatyk91 said:

I wonder if Greece and Finland will have more than one rain settings or it will be disappointing like Wales with heavy rain only. Game have worse reviews than even WRC7 by the way.

I’d happily swap Greece with rain for Greece with more time of day options...

9 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Only because asshats like to go on their and post negative reviews with all of 4 hours of playtime. Spouting nonsense and complaining about things they literally have zero knowledge on. If you look at any real reviews of the game from people who actually have time in it and gave it objective reviews - holy **** wow they all praise the game as a massive step forward

People who don't like particular game don't play it. People with 200+ hours must like game if they have spent so much time playing it, so what reviews do you expect from them?
Maybe people make negative reviews because promised VR works like (put here rude word), hmmmmm?
Maybe because the game cost as much as AAA title but got bugs and problems like indie game and Codemasters just ignore some of these problems?
Like invisible particles on Monte Carlo? Like always online DRM feature and Racenet performance? Like clubs website with tons of inactive trash without any sort or filter option to find anything interesting? Man, you can't even compare in-game your stage time with others, lol. Maybe because your car setup resets to default after every stage? Maybe because of missing content like weather settings in Wales? Or maybe because they released sim rally game without FFB? Maybe because medium and hard tires have no any sense? Sound issues? Who cares.
But yeah, fanboys never see any defects of their beloved game and those who see these flaws are just asshats.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Fanatyk91 said:

But yeah, fanboys never see any defects of their beloved game and those who see these flaws are just asshats.

Lol the actual fans of this game have ripped it a new one. We have pointed out every flaw and called CM out on it. But we also don't ignore the actual core gameplay underneath all of that. We can be objective in saying "X is done amazingly well, Y was shortcut, and Z is a flaming pile of garbage" - but we don't just blindly post asinine reviews of games with only 3 hours on record. You don't need 100 hours of gameplay, but to act like you have any actual informed opinion of the game with <10 hours played? Yeah your review is worthless then...

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Lol the actual fans of this game have ripped it a new one. We have pointed out every flaw and called CM out on it. But we also don't ignore the actual core gameplay underneath all of that. We can be objective in saying "X is done amazingly well, Y was shortcut, and Z is a flaming pile of garbage" - but we don't just blindly post asinine reviews of games with only 3 hours on record. You don't need 100 hours of gameplay, but to act like you have any actual informed opinion of the game with <10 hours played? Yeah your review is worthless then...

Game had mostly positive (~75%) latest steam reviews before last update. Now it's 49%. Hmmm

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

dlc still not working in uk.

41 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

HA! Owned! :classic_laugh:

@chrisjaf Just joking, everyone rages sometimes.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

then repurchased it after seeing pjs post about it been fixed which its not,funny guy 

Edited by chrisjaf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Fanatyk91 said:

Game had mostly positive (~75%) latest steam reviews before last update. Now it's 49%. Hmmm

Mainly because of VR having technical issues, unfortunately.

Maybe after 1.8 it’ll rise again since there are some fixes there 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I don't care about Season 4 (RX contents) so i willdefinietly not buy season 3-4
Just pick up some more rally cars and rally tracks which i wish instead of pay for sg "unwanted"

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

These are fully remastered assets, both the cars and the stages.

this doesn't appear to be the case though as the Subaru has pretty low texture quality, at least on the interior. we saw the same problem with the 2007 Focus, where the quality of the engine and engine bay with the hood open in the service area was really bad, especially compared to the Impreza WRC/'rally'. And some of the stickers on the exterior of the car too.

i think they are literally just copying and pasting some of these cars over from DR1/Dirt 4.

then there are so many questions about some of them. is the 206 going to come with a sh1tty livery like the Fords? what about the new Golf? why can't CM get the Martini livery for the 01 Focus when Kylotton can get it for the Lancia? Is the 206 even going to have a proper engine sound or will it just have the Focus engine sound like the Skoda?

For the 'new' Rx cars that are coming in S4 it seems we will probably just get the 2018 cars with new liveries. My guess anyway.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I’d happily swap Greece with rain for Greece with more time of day options...

Amen to this. As much as I love the game, I don’t understand the lack of daytime variance. As I recall, DR1 did a better job in that domain. Not sure if it is an ‘easy fix’, but I would imagine not seeing as all the environments are rendered with preset lighting conditions...and so I would think a lot of work would be needed to render the environments with more times of day.