Sign in to follow this  

Recent GP Event leaderboard changes breakdown

Hey team,

We’ve recently been making some necessary tweaks to the Season Championship mode, and wanted to keep you in the loop on what’s changing and why. Here’s a breakdown of what’s taking place:

Why have I been demoted to a lower tier?

When the 2019 Season Championship leaderboard was first introduced in F1® Mobile Racing with the release of Update 5, the aim was to give mid-season and end-of-season rewards to all players. But more than anything, we wanted to create a challenge with high stakes for the most competitive players.

This resulted in the introduction of Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers:

-       No matter how many GP Events you have completed, you are positioned in one of the Bronze tiers and would receive rewards regardless of your tier, even if you completed only one GP Event.

-       For those who wish to compete for the title of the best F1® Mobile Racing driver, we initially decided to reserve the Gold tier for the top 1% players and the Silver tiers for the players ranked between the top 2% and 6%.

However, since then there has been some balancing to do. Some players who haven’t played all the available GP Events at the time would be ranked in the same tier as the players who played all the available GP Events and tried their hardest to be among the top players.

For that reason, we have decided to limit the Gold and Silver tiers to a limited number of players before the end of the 2019 season instead of using a percentage number of players. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, this modification was implemented in the game sooner than expected and some players who should have remained in their tier have been demoted to a lower one.

Consequently, players who were ranked in the Gold tier when we limited this tier to the top 1% players; they may have been demoted to a lower tier since there are fewer players in this tier now that this modification has been implemented. The same applies for the other tiers.

Why did I receive rewards from an upper tier?

To ensure that all the players receive what they were supposed to receive initially, mid-season rewards are distributed as per the previous thresholds, instead of the new ones.

The previous thresholds are as following:

-       Gold:                     0% - 1%

-       Silver I:                   1% - 2%

-       Silver II:                  2% - 3%

-       Silver III:                 3% - 4%

-       Bronze I-VI:           4% - 100%

As a result, some players placed in the top of the Silver tiers received the Gold tier. This is just an example but it is also true for all the other tiers; some players who are in a Bronze tier actually received the Silver tier rewards. Basically, even if you have been moved to a lower tier, you still should have received the correct rewards.

All changes made have been to ensure fairness and balance in GP Events, so that fast and consistent racers get the deserved rewards. The level of competition in GP Events has been intense and incredible – and we can’t wait to see you compete even more for those end-of-season rewards!

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey team,

We’ve recently been making some necessary tweaks to the Season Championship mode, and wanted to keep you in the loop on what’s changing and why. Here’s a breakdown of what’s taking place:

Why have I been demoted to a lower tier?

When the 2019 Season Championship leaderboard was first introduced in F1® Mobile Racing with the release of Update 5, the aim was to give mid-season and end-of-season rewards to all players. But more than anything, we wanted to create a challenge with high stakes for the most competitive players.

This resulted in the introduction of Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers:

-       No matter how many GP Events you have completed, you are positioned in one of the Bronze tiers and would receive rewards regardless of your tier, even if you completed only one GP Event.

-       For those who wish to compete for the title of the best F1® Mobile Racing driver, we initially decided to reserve the Gold tier for the top 1% players and the Silver tiers for the players ranked between the top 2% and 6%.

However, since then there has been some balancing to do. Some players who haven’t played all the available GP Events at the time would be ranked in the same tier as the players who played all the available GP Events and tried their hardest to be among the top players.

For that reason, we have decided to limit the Gold and Silver tiers to a limited number of players before the end of the 2019 season instead of using a percentage number of players. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, this modification was implemented in the game sooner than expected and some players who should have remained in their tier have been demoted to a lower one.

Consequently, players who were ranked in the Gold tier when we limited this tier to the top 1% players; they may have been demoted to a lower tier since there are fewer players in this tier now that this modification has been implemented. The same applies for the other tiers.

Why did I receive rewards from an upper tier?

To ensure that all the players receive what they were supposed to receive initially, mid-season rewards are distributed as per the previous thresholds, instead of the new ones.

The previous thresholds are as following:

-       Gold:                     0% - 1%

-       Silver I:                   1% - 2%

-       Silver II:                  2% - 3%

-       Silver III:                 3% - 4%

-       Bronze I-VI:           4% - 100%

As a result, some players placed in the top of the Silver tiers received the Gold tier. This is just an example but it is also true for all the other tiers; some players who are in a Bronze tier actually received the Silver tier rewards. Basically, even if you have been moved to a lower tier, you still should have received the correct rewards.

All changes made have been to ensure fairness and balance in GP Events, so that fast and consistent racers get the deserved rewards. The level of competition in GP Events has been intense and incredible – and we can’t wait to see you compete even more for those end-of-season rewards!

Hey Chris,

I am wondering what team are you reffering to?Don t you atleast have any decency to explain why was nobady  from staff  here for 47 days,apologize and start working on the real problems.With all do respect.....

Posted (edited)

Whoa! Welcome back, @ChrisGrovesMCM! Thought you’d deserted us for a minute there. Thanks for the update. I’ve got questions.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

1. I’m not sure I understand this. Are you saying there’s a problem with two players being in the same tier if one played more events than the other? Shouldn’t the tier be based solely on performance rather than effort? Please clarify.

For that reason, we have decided to limit the Gold and Silver tiers to a limited number of players before the end of the 2019 season instead of using a percentage number of players.

2. If this number is less than 1% of players, that will reduce the number of non-cheating players in Gold tier. What’s being done to make sure this list contains none of the cheaters?

Unfortunately, due to technical issues, this modification was implemented in the game sooner than expected and some players who should have remained in their tier have been demoted to a lower one.

3. I’m one of those who got bumped down from Gold to Silver I and got Gold mid-season rewards. Phew! Will I be returned to Gold tier in an upcoming update?

All changes made have been to ensure fairness and balance in GP Events, so that fast and consistent racers get the deserved rewards.

4. Again, does this language imply that those who play more often would be placed in a higher tier than those who perform equally and play less frequently?

Edited by Fierce

Thanks for the explanation. Now can the developers get cracking on the issues raised for gameplay?

having to race against opponents who can false start on grids and turn into ghost mode during grid & sprints is no fun. 

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:47 AM, elimmel said:

Thanks for the explanation. Now can the developers get cracking on the issues raised for gameplay?

having to race against opponents who can false start on grids and turn into ghost mode during grid & sprints is no fun. 

Like that?

On 8/28/2019 at 6:25 PM, mattzd said:

Maybe finally look on the previous results?!?!

I drove there cople days ago and strange thing happened.2 bad I wasn t recording.Bottom line,56-57 secondes b/c it did not count first sector towards lap time...…..