DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D+ challenges not featuring the dlc content

23 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Strange. I always associated these events to the seasons. The colour-banner on the events have the same colour like the season-symbol next to the gamertag/PSN-name or whatever. And it changed always with the season.

For me it totally makes sense that these events end with the respective season.

And except from that...why are you so mad about those events? Do you really need the credits from them?

I have 45+ mio credits in my team and don't know, what to do with it.

A deluxe edition-owner exclusive livery-shop, were you could spend the credits on, would be cool 🤔

+1
But I also understand the rage, as it hasn't be explicitally written on the stores pages.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, Tranzitive said:

at the moment the current 'bonus' monthly uses the 2000cc class and 2 of the 4 events are Sweden and Monte Carlo.

so there is some nice incorporation of the DLC there. 

but i also agree it really needs to be incorporated more. at the moment we get some 'bonus' events for two weeks after a DLC is released, then the next thing drops and the previous DLC - espeically the locations - seem to be quite rarely used.

also getting a bit bored of driving the base locations over and over in the community events ... the whole point of the DLC is to provide variety and keep people interested. why not use it as intended?

+2

20 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

The seasons NEVER had an "end date" until literally 15 hours ago with that update from @PJTierney. That is the point. The season has always been marketed and conceptually considered a release window for the content within - it's not like the cars and tracks disappear when the next season is released. Even the D+ events weren't in anyway noticeably tied to Seasons. It's ridiculous to now claim in retrospect that is what the colours meant given that was never explained, the seasons where never graphically tied to the D+ events and please show me any out of game marketing that ties those colours to seasons. I can't even really see it IN GAME.

Sure the season had an "end date". It's called "season"!? BUT I agree it was not really good communicated how the D+ events work.

I can just say: I knew from the very beginning how that would work. Maybe because I know that system from Destiny 2, wich I played a lot before I completely stopped last year. It's pretty much the same system, well, even worse, because there not just events end at the end of the season, much of the content disappears, too.

I play on PC so I don't know what you mean by season-symbol next to your PSNID/Gamertag, but that doesn't change the fact that people can still buy (right now, today) season 1&2 thinking they are getting high reward events - because it is advertised as such - and they are not.

Upper right corner in My Team-menu. There is your name + the season-symbol in the same colour like the D+ events. If you don't have that symbol or there is just the normal DiRT Rally 2.0-symbol, that means you don't have the season (or it is bugged, EH @PJTierney!? 😄 )

And yeah, if that is still written in the discription, that you get access to the events, it should be removed.

As explained earlier, I've been waiting and waiting for this game to get to decent state to play. The FFB was finally fixed enough that I was happy with the feel, but with VR so close I waited a bit more to really sink my teeth in. Then VR launched and the Steam version is so gimped I'm choosing to wait again until they can support the Oculus API in Steam and bring decent performance.

So yes, when I start playing this game in earnest, I would like access to the high reward events I was promised with my Deluxe Edition.

Would I get over it, yes, of course - but this is about holding a developer accountable for what they have promised and what they are delivering. It's also about highlighting how incredibly narrow-minded and profit driven they are, to the extent that they pull nefarious sht like this.

So you bought the game, played it a bit and decided then to wait more than half a year not playing it at all!?

I can't say anything about that FFB & VR-problem, because I play on xbox one s with standard controller and had no issues like that obviously. But not playing your owned game, because of some problems is strange to me, but ok, everyone how they like.

I think you overreacting a bit, because you waited for issues been fixed and now you see, you can't play in these events anymore without paying again. Is it badly communicated? Probably. Did they clearly said, you have access to these events open end? No.

And in the end you just lose access to some events, not really content. The payout in these events is good, but credits is not the thing that holds you back in this game. At least if you are good in rallying. By the time you unlocked the engine-parts, you should have enough credits to buy them.

Another apologist.

Please let Codemasters explain their failures, they aren't paying you to do it for them.

I don't see why someone would actually want to defend those shady business practices in the first place. You said it pretty well there.

This is about holding a developer accountable for what they have promised and what they are delivering. It's also about highlighting how incredibly narrow-minded and profit driven they are, to the extent that they pull nefarious **** like this

9 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

And yeah, if that is still written in the discription, that you get access to the events, it should be removed.

And do you think it's enough? What about whose who already have bought the game, then?

On 9/1/2019 at 4:00 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

So you bought the game, played it a bit and decided then to wait more than half a year not playing it at all!?

I can't say anything about that FFB & VR-problem, because I play on xbox one s with standard controller and had no issues like that obviously. But not playing your owned game, because of some problems is strange to me, but ok, everyone how they like.

Its a common practice with racing games on the PC side of things to hold off playing them if fundemental aspects are broken and/or bad. Force feedback on the PC side of things is very fundemental, since a higher proportion of players tend to have racing wheel setups of some kind. Sure, we can play with Xbox one controllers on the PC as well; but we didnt spend hundreds of pounds on racing wheel hardware and cockpits to leave them collecting dust.

I didnt really play Dirt Rally 1 when it first released early access for exactly the same reason, the force feedback was bad. Codemasters listened at that time and completely overhauled it, and to this day; its still a better FFB system than what we currently have in Dirt Rally 2.0.

The same can be said for waiting for VR as well, since once you have played a lot of racing games in VR; its a jarring experience to go back to a flat screen. I play Forza on my PC as well, which doesnt have VR, so not been an issue for me to switch back to a monitor. But im not everyone, and people will handle things in their own way.

I dont know what @JesseDeya reasons were for waiting, but have to assume that what they did in handling the situation with this game, is still decide to support the dev with their money instead of getting a refund, thinking that those things important to them in a racing game would be fixed and/or implemented with a level of polish that has come to be expected from codemasters titles. But only they can tell you if that assumption is correct or not, I can only speculate based upon their past postings on these matters.

The main aspect of complaint in this thread, is down to the lack of transparnency Codemasters are showing at the moment with Dirt Rally 2.0. Take VR as an example of this, prior to the games release they stated Oculus support was coming. The never once said that the steam version wouldnt have Oculus support, and they never once stated it would have OpenVR support instead. This allowed fans of Dirt Rally (who were used to Oculus support on steam) to blindly buy the game, expecting to have Oculus support on steam. That issue could have been avoided completely had Codemasters been open and honest with they potential customer/gamer base prior to the release of the game; back when VR support was annouced as coming later. Instead they have had to deal with a backlash from Oculus owners, myself included, who feel decieved.

The same feelings of having been decieved are also there with regards to the high level reward events, which were never stated to be time limited.

Transparency solves these issues.

45 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I dont know what @JesseDeya reasons were for waiting, but have to assume that what they did in handling the situation with this game, is still decide to support the dev with their money instead of getting a refund, thinking that those things important to them in a racing game would be fixed and/or implemented with a level of polish that has come to be expected from codemasters titles. But only they can tell you if that assumption is correct or not, I can only speculate based upon their past postings on these matters.

Pretty spot on. I supported DR2.0 from day 1, mostly because they confirmed Oculus VR support (before launch day) and that was quite encouraging. I don't regret supporting CMs, or this game, I just want them to finally 'get there' and stop kicking own-goals.

Post release, with FFB that was clearly unacceptable by any modern standard and a litany of other issues, I started to become extremely skeptical about the future prospect of this title given the Codemaster's tendency to move on from titles after a short time and never fully address bugs, broken mechanics or missing features.

I would say that they have almost got there, if I was buying in now without knowledge of the past 7 months I'd probably be pretty happy***. Most of my beef is with the rough journey their earliest supporters have been taken on.

EDIT: *** except for the gimped Oculus VR performance on Steam, that would still pee me off pretty hard even as a new customer.