Sign in to follow this  

D+ challenges not featuring the dlc content

D+ challenges are extra challenges for people who purchased the dlcs.  Why don't they feature that content ?
OK, some people may have bought only season 3+4 pass, but I think they are a minority. And promo challenges are accessible for everyone...

Also, dunno if people who only got season 1+2 still ahve D+ challenges at the moment.

But it's sad to have almost half of the rally content used in two thirds of the community challenges...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Considering I almost exclusively play the community challenges, I would like to see the DLC stages being more regularly used.  Seems almost every monthly only features the same base 6 stages.  I rarely get to do the DLC stages, and when I do it's like in the form of a single daily of which is a sprint stage, also disappointing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I was going to buy season 3 and 4 anyway, but I had to buy them yesterday for a D+ event that was H2 RWD and there are no season 3 or 4 cars in that class.  I got a 2001 Focus and Scooby STI... Neither the car nor the location was actually a DLC item for yesterday's D+ event.  

I guess we need to be season pass holders to drive those events regardless of the venue or cars involved.  I agree it would be nice if those events featured more DLC locations.  Since I was going to buy the season 3/4 pass anyway I am not complaining,  but I was surprised when all of a sudden I couldn't enter a D+ event.  It would be nice to receive a clearer communication from Codemasters regarding such things.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, toninus said:

D+ challenges are extra challenges for people who purchased the dlcs.  Why don't they feature that content ?
OK, some people may have bought only season 3+4 pass, but I think they are a minority. And promo challenges are accessible for everyone...

Also, dunno if people who only got season 1+2 still ahve D+ challenges at the moment.

ha, I have been posting about this since Sweden came out! yes, I totally want DLC locations to be available in the D+ events. it makes no sense whatsoever that people who have paid for the access to those D+ events as well as the current DLC can't use those extra cars and locations in the events that they (and nobody else) has access to!

the thing is that at the moment, there's no Season 3/4 locations out yet, and it's possible for people to have the D+ for seasons 3/4 and not the locations from seasons 1/2, so they can't use Sweden, Wales, Germany and Monte Carlo now that we are in season 3.

that said, there are the BONUS events, which do use the DLC locations and cars. until May/June or so, the only BONUS events were Daily, but now there are Weekly and Monthly ones too, which is pretty good. it's possible they changed it because I was talking so much about using DLC in D+ events, but I don't know so I don't think I should take the credit.

anyways, to answer your last question, I have only got season 1+2 and I cannot get into the D+ challenges now that Season 3 has started. that's how it should be.

54 minutes ago, Bobby1976 said:

I was going to buy season 3 and 4 anyway, but I had to buy them yesterday for a D+ event that was H2 RWD and there are no season 3 or 4 cars in that class.  I got a 2001 Focus and Scooby STI... Neither the car nor the location was actually a DLC item for yesterday's D+ event.  

I guess we need to be season pass holders to drive those events regardless of the venue or cars involved.  I agree it would be nice if those events featured more DLC locations.  Since I was going to buy the season 3/4 pass anyway I am not complaining,  but I was surprised when all of a sudden I couldn't enter a D+ event.  It would be nice to receive a clearer communication from Codemasters regarding such things.. 

you had to buy the season pass just to do a community event? what the hell?! haha, that's not a good reason to spend 30 euro (or whatever currency you used)

but yeah, the original Deluxe edition only gave you access to the D+ content for the duration of Seasons 1+2. it was never suggested that that access would last any longer 🙂

and yes, the D+ events have never used any of the DLC content, and I don't see it changing any time soon.. if you want to use this stuff in the Community events, you are stuck with the ones labelled BONUS.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

LOL I was forced into buying the season 3/4 just for that one daily stage!  It's an outrage 😁

• Agree 2

I thought devs learnt years ago about DLC fracturing the community, maybe CMs will learn from this shtshow and get it right next time? LOL.

Can someone clarify, as a Deluxe Edition owner, if I just buy Greece and Finland, where can I use them? Do I still get Bonus event access if it's using S3/4 locations? Does D+ stop now if I don't have S3/4?

4 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

if I just buy Greece and Finland, where can I use them?

• Custom Championships
  • Multiplayer
  • Time Trial
  • Non-D+ Community Challenges that use the locations.
  • Clubs

Possibly Career Championships too.

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Can someone clarify, as a Deluxe Edition owner, if I just buy Greece and Finland, where can I use them? Do I still get Bonus event access if it's using S3/4 locations? Does D+ stop now if I don't have S3/4?

should be able to do those bonus events, yeah, but obviously there's no way of checking at the moment other than finding someone who's got (any of) the S1/2 locations individually.

and yeah I can confirm that D+ event access ends now if you don't have the new season pass

8 hours ago, ianism said:

and yeah I can confirm that D+ event access ends now if you don't have the new season pass

This is getting fk’n ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@JesseDeya meh, don't know about you, but the D+ ones still don't have any DLC content so I'm not interested in em anymore. I've driven the base locations to death.

it was kind of obvious though, no? the way the D+ logo on those events changed colour with each season was a pretty clear indicator.

@ianism Not obvious at all, as someone who has been waiting for this game to mature before I put serious time in it I was not AT ALL aware that part of the season 1&2 benefits were time limited. 

In fact, this now officially qualifies as false advertising. Currently the Deluxe edition featuring Season 1&2 (only) is still being sold and includes in the description:

- High reward events 

There is no mention anywhere about the content being time limited (nor has there ever been).

The description for season 3&4 is the same - high reward events - no mention of time limits.

According to this post, D+ events were meant to be for owners of the Deluxe edition, not for owners of Season passes. I am a Deluxe Edition owner - my understanding was that I would therefore have access to D+ events. That was non-conditional, D+ events were active before ANY of the Season content was first dropped. I can confirm that as a Deluxe Edition owner I can no longer access D+ events. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

Am I no longer considered a Deluxe Edition owner because I'm not a Super Deluxe Edition owner? I stand by my original assessment, this is fk’n ridiculous.

@PJTierney Codemasters might want to consider making D+ available to every Deluxe edition owner asap and without restriction as originally advertised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed word on about this.

• Thanks 2

They could always add more events to it. Some for the season 1-2 crowd and some for the season 3-4 crowd. And then having the respective DLC fill those categories

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed word on about this.

I share the exact same view as @JesseDeya

Obviously you know me from the Forza forums and GTplanet, and seen me defend the use of DLC in multiple racing titles/games before. You know I always do my best to be objective in my views, try to help where I can, and understand the games industry is a buisness designed to make money. DLC/expansions is in no way a new feature of gaming, one of the oldest titles I remember getting an expansion (of sorts) was Sonic 3 on the megadrive with the Sonic and Nuckles cartridge. I am a big supporter of DLC content. But when newer DLC blocks off features and content from the base game/older DLC. Its a total smack in the face. Even if it us just a few events.

Its already been hard enough as it is to stomach the DLC model that Codemasters have adopbted with DR2.0, as they have resold the old stages from Dirt Rally 1. Albeit with visual improvments, but still; I swallowed it and enjoyed been able to use newer cars on those older tracks. I accepted that work had been done on those tracks to bring them up to DR2.0's graphical standards, and left it at that. Especially since the Evo 6 is in DR2.0, which is my favourte IRL rally car. And I can now use it on those old DR1 stages. But as of right now, it almost feels like they are emulating what Activision and Bungie did with Destiny 2, and how they block/restrict original base game content access under "light level" increases once DLC started to drop for that game.

This sort of practice just really puts me off wanting to spend any more money on a particular game.

I think what is most upsetting about this, is I have been buying and playing Codemasters games since 1991 with the original Micro Machines game. So I guess I just come to expect better practices from this dev team/company.

Its hard to stay objective this time.

3 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

They could always add more events to it. Some for the season 1-2 crowd and some for the season 3-4 crowd. And then having the respective DLC fill those categories

If this is how it was done, I wouldnt have an issue. Its a very good idea. Make a D++ catagory for season 3/4 content, and use the older D+ catagory for people who have the season 1/2 content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

There's already a lot of events (and money to earn). Splitting people into different ones would make it worse.

I'd rather prefer them to keep D+ events and make them available for most people (Deluxe, season 1+2 or 3+4). With some dlc cars and locations included in them. 

• Thanks 1

Hey all, just got some clarification in on this matter which is worth sharing:

In addition to Career Rally/Rallycross, the following kinds of Events are available in My Team.

Some of these will have a banner in the top corner, here's one for a Season 3 Event:

image.png

And here's one which is a Bonus:

image.png

And for completedness, here's one with no banner:

image.png

Community Events & AI Challenges

• No Banner = Events that have no banner in the top corner only use ‘on disc’ content, so anyone who bought any version of the game can play them.
  • D+ Banner = These events allow current Season owners to earn double credits, but only use ‘on disc’ content. Bear in mind that base rewards are based on event length when being compared to one another.

Special Events

• Bonus Banner = These events cycle through all DLC Content, from Seasons 1-3 (with a slight emphasis on the newest DLC). These are available however you have purchased the content , whether you have a bought a Season or a single piece of content.
  • Promo Banner = These events allow any player (whether they own DLC or not) to experience a DLC location.

The events with D+ Banners are colour-coded based on what Season they form a part of:

• Red:
    Season 1
    March 12 to June 3 

• Cyan:
    Season 2
    June 4 to August 26

• Orange:
    Season 3
    August 27 to November 18

• Pink:
    Season 4
    November 19 to end of Season 4 (date tbc)

We are currently in Season 3, so Season 3 events appear. Seasons 1 & 2 are complete.

• Thanks 3
  • Disagree 5

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Hey all, just got some clarification in on this matter which is worth sharing:

In addition to Career Rally/Rallycross, the following kinds of Events are available in My Team.

Community Events & AI Challenges

• No Banner = Events that have no banner in the top corner only use ‘on disc’ content, so anyone who bought any version of the game can play them.
  • D+ Banner = These events allow current Season owners to earn double credits, but only use ‘on disc’ content. Bear in mind that base rewards are based on event length when being compared to one another.

That's well known, the question was: why? Why do D+ banner challenges only use "on disc" content? If someone has D+ access he's guaranteed to own certain cars and stages, so the events could use those.

Maybe you can get some more clarification on the "why" question.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

When I criticize is to have the best game possible for the community in general, to the critics of my posts I leave a piece of advice, complete your profiles, and put your real photos, because this should bring but notability, I know I can talk nonsense sometimes , but I do not hide behind avatars, a while ago I did a topic and in the topic, I said that if I was ahead of decisions, my decisions would be the best, because I would use democracy, would do nothing that most community does not agree, and this is evident in the current moment we live, because we live in the fast information age, feedback is instantaneous, why not use that as a north in decisions, honestly today I understand, this is all happening, because CM Already have the script ready for play, and it will be that script until they start developing the next dirt, which I'm sure will be either a colin mcrae dirt reboot, or a dirt2 reboot, and only then turn dirt rally 3, this one with polishing and using this as a base.
Finally, @PJTierney is just doing the hard work, along with the Developers, because I believe they don't have carte blanche to do what the community wants, so we just have to accept and the life I followed!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney thanks for the clarification

That all makes perfect sense and now it is explained fully I think it’s fair enough.

Only thing I’d question is why restrict D+ events to disc only? To access these events you HAVE to own the content. It’s therefore a bit nonsensical to exclude the current season DLC from these events when the only people who can access them will ALL have the content. Please relay this point to the developers

By this I mean we are currently in season 3, so when Greece and Finland are released they should be included in this seasons D+ events as anyone entering D+ this season will own both Greece and Finland. 👌

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Agree 3

at the moment the current 'bonus' monthly uses the 2000cc class and 2 of the 4 events are Sweden and Monte Carlo.

so there is some nice incorporation of the DLC there. 

but i also agree it really needs to be incorporated more. at the moment we get some 'bonus' events for two weeks after a DLC is released, then the next thing drops and the previous DLC - espeically the locations - seem to be quite rarely used.

also getting a bit bored of driving the base locations over and over in the community events ... the whole point of the DLC is to provide variety and keep people interested. why not use it as intended?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

D+ Banner = These events allow current Season owners to earn double credits, but only use ‘on disc’ content. Bear in mind that base rewards are based on event length when being compared to one another.

This is in contrast to the advice provided by your predecessor in March that D+ events are for Deluxe Edition owners - not tied to 'current' season.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:03 AM, CMMcBabe said:

The D+ events are for owners of the Deluxe Edition.

Codemaster's needs to honour this, plain and simple.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The events with D+ Banners are colour-coded based on what Season they form a part of:

• Red:
    Season 1
    March 12 to June 3 

• Cyan:
    Season 2
    June 4 to August 26

• Orange:
    Season 3
    August 27 to November 18

• Pink:
    Season 4
    November 19 to end of Season 4 (date tbc)

We are currently in Season 3, so Season 3 events appear. Seasons 1 & 2 are complete.

It is now August 31st and this is the first time this has ever been communicated to customers by Codemasters. Completely unacceptable.

Given the D+ events have never had season DLC content in them, nor had any markings to indicate they are associated with a season, nor has there been any explicit information to suggest otherwise: it is completely reasonable that people didn't associated them with a time limited season. It is also completely reasonable that Codemasters now remove this restriction and once again make those events available to Deluxe Editions owners as originally advertised.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Given the D+ events have never had season DLC content in them, nor had any markings to indicate they are associated with a season, nor has there been any explicit information to suggest otherwise: it is completely reasonable that people didn't associated them with a time limited season. It is also completely reasonable that Codemasters now remove this restriction and once again make those events available to Deluxe Editions owners as originally advertised.

Strange. I always associated these events to the seasons. The colour-banner on the events have the same colour like the season-symbol next to the gamertag/PSN-name or whatever. And it changed always with the season.

For me it totally makes sense that these events end with the respective season.

And except from that...why are you so mad about those events? Do you really need the credits from them?

I have 45+ mio credits in my team and don't know, what to do with it.

A deluxe edition-owner exclusive livery-shop, were you could spend the credits on, would be cool 🤔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Strange. I always associated these events to the seasons. The colour-banner on the events have the same colour like the season-symbol next to the gamertag/PSN-name or whatever. And it changed always with the season.

For me it totally makes sense that these events end with the respective season.

The seasons NEVER had an "end date" until literally 15 hours ago with that update from @PJTierney. That is the point. The season has always been marketed and conceptually considered a release window for the content within - it's not like the cars and tracks disappear when the next season is released. Even the D+ events weren't in anyway noticeably tied to Seasons. It's ridiculous to now claim in retrospect that is what the colours meant given that was never explained, the seasons where never graphically tied to the D+ events and please show me any out of game marketing that ties those colours to seasons. I can't even really see it IN GAME.

I play on PC so I don't know what you mean by season-symbol next to your PSNID/Gamertag, but that doesn't change the fact that people can still buy (right now, today) season 1&2 thinking they are getting high reward events - because it is advertised as such - and they are not.

And except from that...why are you so mad about those events?

Whether I'm mad or not has nothing to do with it. Codemasters changing the goal posts constantly with no warning or communication is what I am highlighting.

• People buy the deluxe edition, then find out they need to pay an extra $30 to get the 'super' deluxe edition.
  • People buy the game for promised Oculus support, then find out they have to REBUY the game on the Oculus store to get the 'proper' Oculus support.
  • People buy the Deluxe Edition expecting high reward events, those events get arbitrarily cut-off when they have more DLC to push.

It's shady, there is NO reason for it, and often it penalises the customers who have actually supported the product from the start. The D+ events is probably the most egregious, because:

• there is NO practical or logical reason it should now be locked to Season 3
  • the events don't contain any DLC content
  • it could be altered very simply and at no (resource) cost to Codemasters
  • it is in blatent contravention of how it was advertised and how it was formally explained in March post the game's launch.

Do you really need the credits from them?

As explained earlier, I've been waiting and waiting for this game to get to decent state to play. The FFB was finally fixed enough that I was happy with the feel, but with VR so close I waited a bit more to really sink my teeth in. Then VR launched and the Steam version is so gimped I'm choosing to wait again until they can support the Oculus API in Steam and bring decent performance.

So yes, when I start playing this game in earnest, I would like access to the high reward events I was promised with my Deluxe Edition.

Would I get over it, yes, of course - but this is about holding a developer accountable for what they have promised and what they are delivering. It's also about highlighting how incredibly narrow-minded and profit driven they are, to the extent that they pull nefarious sht like this.

Edited by JesseDeya
typo corrections only
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 6

JesseDeya - Thank you for your time and effort in explaining all this. What they are doing recently is so disappointing.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1