A thread for those who like/love F12019

Tell us about it! There are so many negative threads about the game so let’s keep that negativity out of this thread.

Its my go-to game right now.  I'm neither a hard-core gamer or sim racer but I find it challenging.  I prefer career modes in racing games as well and this is the best one that I have found.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I only play multiplayer and I can say I'm pleased with it. Lobbies are more stable and infinite waiting screens happen much more rarely. There is still work to do but I can consider this game playable and enjoyable as it currently is

• Like 1

Having a messed up R and D system was very annoying till they fixed it. I had to restart my career but now the game seems to play very well with only small issues remaining. Had a good race yesterday then a lovely session driving the 1996 Williams which looks amazing with the games graphics 🙂

• Like 1

Agreed. This is by far Codemasters best game and it keeps getting better yearly! I enjoy the game tremendously, and even though I've not gotten into Career Mode as yet, I plan to shortly. For now Time Trials and Multiplayer are where I spend most of my time, and I find nothing wrong with either features. This game rocks, full stop (LOL)! 

One more thing, this game captures the essence of an F1 car from a game physics perspective better than Forza Motorsport, which while exhilarating as hell, is still quite overdone and unrealistic from the visual proprioception of speed in cockpit view. 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I love the game, and I play it every day.
Why?
Because I can overlook bugs and I think that despite problems the game is still great:
And there is nothing comparable 😄

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

It's nice to see some positivity on the internet for once! I think the game is great. Everyone will always have preferences but there will never be the 'perfect' game. And that's what it is, ultimately it's just a game. A very good one at that!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The AI in this game is excellent.  They stay in their lanes going two wide around a corner, they'll make plausible divebombs, and on occasion they'll lock up when being bombed.  

If I have an incident with the AI, I watch the instant replay and 9 out of 10 times its because i did something wrong.

Good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just finished a championship in the classic Brawn F1 car and man, that thing is nice to drive! So far a lot of the classics have been fun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well a forum for this type of thing will get negativity whatever, when something is or seems wrong, doesn't necessarily make it negative, if its useful data, however its worded.

As for a positive, most of the game is solid, its great fun if you cancel out the negative aspects such as high wear in career. The AI are still the best of any other racing game out there, bar back-marker issues the AI perform and mostly race very intelligently, overtake but give them enough space they come right back at you, I love that. Spacial awareness still needs improving (mostly for backmarkers, 2018 only needed backmarker awareness) but again, head and shoulders above all others.

To be fair most complaints are often frustrated fans who love the game but are annoyed because its close to perfection but not.. Like a tease. There'll always be something in everything to better or enhance, for me, just improve kindly the Q&A (make it less of a major game changer and more fun), no resetting morale to zero each new season when you don't change team and bring back 2018 AI aggression, minus 2019 love taps. And I would probably be so besotted by Codemasters F1 game that I'd miss for the first time a new Tomb Raider game or miss work without realising.. Modern day good times 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

There is a lot to enjoy about this game. It allows for some fantasy, like a Williams team that can compete for race wins and maybe even a championship, a championship where it isn't just a fight between the same teams and drivers ad nauseum, Drivers changing teams and/or losing their jobs altogether(however random it may be) instead of ten seasons where the only driver changes involve your own avatar just randomly taking a drivers job and them being out of the championship entirely. The game this year even tried to inject some semblance of life beyond practice, race, develop and repeat by having the mini-story with F2 and Weber and Butler. Despite the fact that CM were clearly half pregnant with and could have been spmething great if they actually ran with it as opposed to it being a half-hour detour before the usual sterile pattern from previous entries in the franchise. Implementing this story-based gameplay isn't a bad idea either. Pretty much every sports game worth a damn these days has tried or should be trying to do story aided career modes they are something that the players can immerse themselves in. There are always modes in Sports games for the simulation fans like the regular championship mode where you can just take control over a driver in the official field and have a season of your annoyingly rigid and predictable F1 season. 

I think that many of the people complaining the loudest(most) are forgetting that the game isn't targeted directly at them. The game is trying to cater to both the hardcore racing fans and the people who like their games to feel a little less rigid and far less sterile than a straightforward simulation. I don't get the appeal of wanting the career mode to mimic the actual f1 season to the letter where nothing ever changes and the same handful of teams/drivers are always at the top.  Seriously If I want to see F1 one Lewis and Mercedes run away with it every year I'll forego the game altogether because I can see that on TV. 

There really is something for everyone in the game. It's a shame that it seems like most people(on either side of the argument) can't see that for the positive that it is. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, steelreserv said:

Its my go-to game right now.  I'm neither a hard-core gamer or sim racer but I find it challenging.  I prefer career modes in racing games as well and this is the best one that I have found.

It’s challenging for all the wrong reasons. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Why go into a thread for people who aren't here o just complain incessantly just to essentially ***** about the fact that they aren't complaining about it? That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

• Agree 1

On 9/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, ShelbyUSA said:

It’s challenging for all the wrong reasons. 

should have been included in post above

7 hours ago, hippoSURF said:

Why go into a thread for people who aren't here o just complain incessantly just to essentially ***** about the fact that they aren't complaining about it? That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

I have been critical of the f1 series. I read this thread because all opinions are valid and, despite my critical stance, there are things the game does well. It is good to hear what others think/feel.

I would be surprised if you haven't done the same in reverse and at least read, if not commented on, the issues that are clearly present in the game(s).

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

I have been critical of the f1 series. I read this thread because all opinions are valid and, despite my critical stance, there are things the game does well. It is good to hear what others think/feel.

I would be surprised if you haven't done the same in reverse and at least read, if not commented on, the issues that are clearly present in the game(s).

The only things I have commented on is how sterile the career mode is as a whole (despite there being at least some minor attempt at livening things up with this year's game) and that there could be a more realistic looking set of helmets, a helmet designer tool or at least a set of team-specific templates to be able to apply so it actually looks like you are part of the team you drive for in career mode. I usually keep those comments in threads pertaining to those issues. I don't however deliberately add a NEGATIVE viewpoint to a thread that is about being POSITIVE(and likely staying away from the rampant negativity that permeates most of this forum) for the sake of being "critical". I could go into every thread and say "shut up ***** it's a videogame just have fun" but I don't do it.

Edited by hippoSURF
  • Like 1

Just the close, aggressive and fun ai, probably the best ai from a codies f1 game, people say that the ai are too aggressive but i like it, it’s better than the f1 2012 ai that are too cautious. like today i had a 5 way battle for 3rd in my career and lost out by 0.006 seconds to Perez!

I thin koutside of the wet AI I think once they sort it out I can see myself wanting to spend time with it. Because other than the wet AI pace it's a pretty solid package.

24 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I thin koutside of the wet AI I think once they sort it out I can see myself wanting to spend time with it. Because other than the wet AI pace it's a pretty solid package.

Thought they patched it in 1.10?

16 hours ago, DylanWest2004 said:

Thought they patched it in 1.10?

Not yet they haven' t they plan to in the next couple of patches I thought that initially as well until I reread it. The good news is they are working on it though because right now the AI as it is has made the game unplayable at least for me as it's also screwed up the Practice programs as I can't pass them in the wet either atm. So atm it's pretty much rendered playing career pointless for me.  Which i swhy I stopped playing after they did that. Because the majority of the time I spend in the games are in career when playing them. If they can get it back to maybe something more like 2017/2018 level that would be acceptable because I find that level challengiong enough to threaten me if I make a mistake but not so tough that if I can get on a good run that I can't beat it. So I think 2017/2018 levels are best