Sign in to follow this  

Why don't codemasters allow us to play the complete stages?

1 hour ago, RallyLover19 said:

Wow that's a nivce comparison!

I don't understand why  the tarmac in DR 2.0 looks so yellowish like sand ...
Also i noticed the Sun light goes from the opposite direction in this game (casted shadows visible on the opposite sides)

correct me if I'm wrong, but generally sunlight coming from opposite directions into different shots of the same location is a result of one being recorded in the afternoon and the other in the morning.............

2 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

Wow that's a nivce comparison!

I don't understand why  the tarmac in DR 2.0 looks so yellowish like sand ...

That's just the onboard camera being bad – notice the sky's also a weird cyan colour, too. Could also be that the car in the onboard has a slightly green-tinted windscreen. Either way, I wouldn't trust onboard videos like that to accurately represent colour, tonality or audio.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Geluco said:

As you know each localitation has 12 stages but these stage are really one long stage of about 25 km. But I don't  know why codemasters don't allow us to run on the complete stage, it would be fantastic to run in a 25 km stage in both directions.

^^^^ Original Post

On 8/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

My bad. He is right in saying that Codies tried to create the full length stages but were unable to do so due to the limitations of the EGO engine which is not only getting rather old now, but wasn't originally created purely for racing games. As I said in my last post, it was discussed in great detail before work began on DR1 and during the Early Access phase of it's release on the old forums. Unfortunately we can't give you links to those conversations as the old forums no longer exist.

^^^^ Forum moderator

On 9/9/2019 at 8:00 PM, brashertreysha said:
On 8/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Geluco said:

As you know each  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire localitation has 12 stages but these stage are really one long stage of about 25 km. But I don't  know why codemasters don't allow us to run on the complete stage, it would be fantastic to run in a 25 km stage in both directions.

I said in my last post, it was discussed in great detail before work began on DR1 and during the Early Access phase of it's release on the old forums. Unfortunately we can't give you links to those conversations as the old forums no longer exist.

^^^^ Random dude

My bolding. WT actual F is happening here?

Also, on an adjacent note - yes, the old Codemasters forums were unceremoniously erased without warning or any care to preserve ongoing conversation. The primary reason, imho, was because there was a LOT of vitriolic customers (mostly F1 - myself included) who had built a pretty comprehensive list of complaints against CM regarding promises broken. Fast forward 5 years, yeah not much has changed.

Edited by Faya
Removing suspicious links from quote
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Hi @JesseDeya, Looks like a spammer snuck in. Sometimes they like to quote and copy/paste another post and then change the quote to include links that I frankly don't trust. I've removed them and the links from the quote. Please feel free to report anyone you see doing that so that we can investigate and deal with them appropriately. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Faya said:

Hi @JesseDeya, Looks like a spammer snuck in. Sometimes they like to quote and copy/paste another post and then change the quote to include links that I frankly don't trust. I've removed them and the links from the quote. Please feel free to report anyone you see doing that so that we can investigate and deal with them appropriately. Thanks!

Thanks Faya. Will do. I must admit I saw the underline but didn't connect with it being a malicious link - kind of obvious now you point it out. Cheers.