Sign in to follow this  

When, when, when Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus seasons and DLCs???

When do Seasons and DLCs Come to Dirt Rally 2.0 Oculus version?
Wales, Sweden and Monaco are both in Freeplay mode, but I can't buy a Ford Focus 2001, for example?
Now tell me if the add-ons will come in weeks, months, or years?

Can you also tell the Oculus players whether this mess is due to Codemasters or Oculus?

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forums. Prepare to be disappointed. Communication has improved significantly with PJ as community manager, but he still seems to be heavily moderated by corporate - who have zero interest in open and honest messaging to their customers. 

Sorry for the bad news, but generally we know very little about what is happening or when it will happen until the day it happens. It’s incredibly frustrating and one of the main things people vote in polls for CMs to improve. 

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Agree 3

The short answer is that I don't know.

I know that discussions are still happening as to what/where/how DLC content can be added to the Oculus version, and once those conversations have reached a point where we can announce something, we will 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I know that discussions are still happening as to what/where/how DLC content can be added to the Oculus version, and once those conversations have reached a point where we can announce something, we will 🙂 

That is a frighteningly honest glimpse in to how unstructured this whole VR sub-contract arrangement has been. Those discussions should have happened way, WAY before the VR announcement in Feb, but at the very least the DLC arrangement should have been finalised in the six months you've had between then and now. W.T.F is happening Codemasters?

I've seen bungled contracts, I deal with it daily, but this is a special kind of incompetence. 

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

It would have been nice for the VR folk if you'd have said outright that there was no guarantee of any DLC coming with the Occulus release. I like DR2 a lot but this is just daft!

• Agree 3

NO WAY !!! Is this happening for real ? They said "at a later date" ! Since when at a later date means bend and get it there ? 

So just to recap:

• Customers that bought the Steam version, because Codemasters said NOTHING about Oculus support or not, got ripped off. They spent their money and now they stuck with a version that is NOT compatible with their hardware. 
  • Customers that bought the Oculus version got ripped off because they will never get the DLCs like the people that bought the Steam version.

This is amazing really Codemasters !

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

I am a lawyer and I suspect

Layers don't suspect. They are confident 😉

Saying that it's not like I don't feel with you.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1