Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The unpopular American rally series

Living in the USA rally is a small sport, and I know previous DiRT titles have had a lot of places in the states.  BUT!  I would really like to see 1 or 2 picturesque or challenging Rally America events.  They have their own flavor over here, timing control points look different here, and certainly the scenery can be quite different too.  Scenery wise LSPR was covered relatively well with the Houghton stages in DiRT3 (although inaccurate compare to the detail of DiRTRally).  I also miss the Vermont Sportscar liveries.

I know this isn't easy to create a new event, but please consider it Codie's.  

BTW: Pikes peak is a Hillclimb event not a Rally America event

do you really think codemasters are not aware that pike's peak is a hill climb event? Really?

BTW OP Rally America is a rally championship, not a biker rally.
they know a lot more than you do, don't assume that they are somehow oblivious about one of the world's most iconic Motorsport events.

do you really think codemasters are not aware that pike's peak is a hill climb event? Really?

they know a lot more than you do, don't assume that they are somehow oblivious about one of the world's most iconic Motorsport events.
I think you are completely reading this wrong, you need to re read my comment, I said nothing about bikes.  I'll just stop there.. 

Mr. Upton I don't believe you read gfRally's post at all, that being said I completely with your post gfRally. I would love to see some of the Rally America tracks in the game, specifically the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood and LSPR. At a minimum we may see these stages if we get some decent modding tools!

As a European rally fan I actually think that Rally America is a rather underrated rally Championship; it may not have the level of competition up front this year that it's had in previous years, but it has some great rallies on its calendar. 

I personally would like to see LSPR or 100 Acre Wood represented in game. Although not strictly rally, it would also be brilliant to see Mount Washington Hillclimb in game; the hillclimb was run as part of the Rally America Championship last year and I think it would make a great companion to Pikes Peak in game. 

tbtstt said:
As a European rally fan I actually think that Rally America is a rather underrated rally Championship; it may not have the level of competition up front this year that it's had in previous years, but it has some great rallies on its calendar. 

I personally would like to see LSPR or 100 Acre Wood represented in game. Although not strictly rally, it would also be brilliant to see Mount Washington Hillclimb in game; the hillclimb was run as part of the Rally America Championship last year and I think it would make a great companion to Pikes Peak in game. 
Thanks man, for your support.  I always thought this past weekends OTR was pretty good.  Saturdays stages are a little more straight and high speed (110mph+).  Where Sunday stages are very technical.  Great scenery too!  Quite a bit of Easier Said than Done was filmed there over a couple seasons.  It just makes for great video.  Also, it separates it from other places in the game by its looks.  

Really I'll take any rally here in the RA series though, OTR is just a favorite of mine. 

As CM have finally opened the doors to us having a say which MIGHT be listened to their next step will be to provide the tools for modders to get involved . . . it didn't hurt RBR and it not only won't hurt Dirt Rally but open an even bigger customer base . . .

I'd personally prefer to see rally Africa complete with wildlife :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGM10yQoC5Q

check out 3:04 lol how long it takes the car to get along that road in dirt rally I think his car would have bounced about 20ft from those bumps.....

gfRally said:

I think you are completely reading this wrong, you need to re read my comment, I said nothing about bikes.  I'll just stop there.. 
I read your post. I know you said nothing about bikes, they said nothing about pike's peak being a rally America event. It was a sarcastic demonstration of how un-logical and unnecessary it was to say that that, and it flew over your head. 

On topic, I use to really like Rally America, until they axed off rally Colorado from their calendar. Could be bias on that since that was the one I went to. And it's slowly getting better as the extreme sport x games dude bros are getting out of the sport that the sport use to crutch on for advertising and media and leaving it for the people who are truly passionate for rally. My biggest problem with it is that it's mainly east coast dominant, they need to spread it out more to hold its true to the name. Places like California, New Mexico, Arizona are prime for some awesome rallies. They need to add one or two of those and bring back Colorado, or another mid western event and it'll truly be a national championship.

@arknor1981 no doubt a full on Africa event would be great!

Im just trying to get some interest in a American event.  

@JamesUpton 

ok no biggie, I took your post wrong.  Anyhow I'm in PA so I didn't really think about it being slanted towards the east.  I agree it would be cool to see other states included in RAseries it probably comes to which states work out insurance rules (what're league matters you can think of) might not be RA's fault, just guessing.   There used to be a Nevada rally (hotel name or something, always forget name) that was through a canyon actually looked a little like Utah DiRT2 location.

Anyhow, would you agree that seeing some sort of US rally even included?  Maybe NASA event?