Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Rise Up Against Your Rivals Ahead of the F2™ 2019 Season Digital Update Coming Soon to F1® 2019

Cunado? There are two events left in the F2 season: Russia and then 82 days later Abu Dhabi. So if we get the update before Russia, two live events to look forward to, if not just ONE.  Cuando?

Edited by FOneFanatic

senna94f1 I use wheel and pad, mostly pad due to family and space available, my wheel is only a G29 no mods. Never have I been able to beat my wheel times, I can also easily race no assist with the wheel but I need traction control with a pad, the pad is better than its ever been but its still not perfect at smooth turning as I'd like to experience. Maybe if you are having issues it is due to setups. There are sites if you google that give good setup options and assistance, here in the forums there are some good bits of advice too. As far as I'm aware, and I have experienced for the last 3 years at least personally, wheel is superior to pad.

As for F2, sure F1 still needs fixes, but its a fun addition and would love a full F2 season before F1 career too. And having the latest season update is great news!

For me in F1 2019 Q&A and reliability parts ruin it in career and the AI aren't as aggressive as 2018 PS4 pre-patch but do sometimes tap you for no reason in 2019, F2 AI don't though, which is odd, so maybe an issue AI understanding the size difference in F2 and F1 cars? Same AI program for both? Can anyone confirm?

Not had any issues with quali yet and transfers since the patch not noticed abnormal switches, all seem intelligently done so far. So for PS4 I'm happy, reliability is the worst due to AI not affected by this so they always race hard where as I have a strong race with new parts then have to heavily manage the engine a couple of races later, and if you do the F2 feeder its all Q&A on Lucas Weber not much on department morale. 4 seasons in and still yet to get the departments maxed, only managed 1 and a half so far.. And still is back to zero morale the next season! It really does need changing, forced morale praise every good weekend (pass realistic objectives, perhaps based on difficulty level) or for every good performance, hit quali goals +2 each department and pass race +2 all departments, this adds realism too as you'd expect some form of happy team for doing well in the standings. This can also mean more racing as the drivers are always saying, and not just managing, at least for those who race AI their equal. Would be nice to make Q&A fun. When Q&A first got introduced there was an interview saying there were no bad answers, this has never been true, and some answers use psychology, poorly worded, sounds good praise at first glance then it shows up as negative to the team etc. Never once thrown a controller before, but this system gets me close to it. Especially when there have been races with minor wall touching like Monaco which really does happen a lot, Hamilton is a master of slicing walls in quali for a perfect lap, but when it happens, no damage you get the negative Q&A with neutral answers locked you have to ignore, getting the wrath of the sarky/angry Claire! Which then nil and voids further Q&A. How has this lasted this long? Fun happy Q&A, Kimi style if you like, straight talking.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

im the only one who's excited about racing the f2 seasson form thie year.

I would also like to see the drives from f2 were also part of the career mode, would be great to see Mick Schumacher in f1

7 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

im the only one who's excited about racing the f2 seasson form thie year.

I would also like to see the drives from f2 were also part of the career mode, would be great to see Mick Schumacher in f1

You are not alone

• Agree 2

Can I remind you Codemasters might have to talk to the Hubert Family for permisson to use A.Hubert due to the events at Spa hence the lack of update on the F2 side of things.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

Can I remind you Codemasters might have to talk to the Hubert Family for permisson to use A.Hubert due to the events at Spa hence the lack of update on the F2 side of things.

How do you figure that?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GioProductions said:

@PJTierney

Any news when we can expect the F2 2019 season in Sept?

My focus is on DiRT so I’m not fully updated on the F1 side, sorry.

• Like 1

Hiya guys and girls at codemasters ,

who is actually focusing on f12019 to fix the muted ffb for wheel users on the consoles ,

obviously last patch 1.10 was designed to generate a cash flow for f12019 so you could put aleast 1 person in charge of trying to fix ffb muted issues ,,

I think the whole community would be more forgiven  if you said we are not focusing on f1 2019 anymore ,

to me it's such a shame because f1 from day one release was truly a masterpiece  then slowly had its heart ripped out ,

the buzz was huge , 

i understand that your still doing paid content for dirt rally 2.0 so therefore you still have staff working on that game,

but as an elder gentlemen I really don't understand why when you had the sim community eating out of your hand and good sales figures from day one release of f12019 ,why you would implode the game in such a short space of time ,

theres still hope that someone in charge will get this game back on track,

surely it make more sense to do that and keep your community happy and the knock on effect is when staff read the community posts on a Monday morning it's full of praise and happiness , or perhaps the staff take the attitude and have a giggle at the posts on hear , 

• Agree 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:12 PM, steviejay69 said:

How do you figure that?

As he's no longer alive, we don't know if the family are interested in including him in the game and it's probably just good courtesy to ask. 

35 minutes ago, whitmarsh2 said:

As he's no longer alive, we don't know if the family are interested in including him in the game and it's probably just good courtesy to ask. 

I think you'll find it's a legal release signed by any driver when they sign to the series. Their image can be used and licensed to promote the series. Thereby, Codemasters do not need additional permissions to use Hubert's image in an officially licensed F2 product. IANAL, so unless there is a clause which states that things change in the event of anyone's death (i.e. constitutes a break in the contract or a termination or agreed variation) that things change in those circumstances then that would be the only reason they need do anything. Legally.

A bit of communication would not go amiss (as has been pointed out previously).

Anyway, for those in the slightest bit interested there is no new news regarding Juan Manuel Correa

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2019/09_September/Update-Juan-Manuel-Correa1/

As F2 just confirmed the replacements for Hubert and Correa, it might be the case that they will be ingame instead, although Codies usually denies in season updates. But I agree, at least a little information aboutbthe delays would be great and just fair to the community. Everybody understands that there may be delays because of the events that happend, but not saying anything is just bullsht.

Well Codemasters have already got the Markelov model thanks to his racing last year for Russian Time,  There a issue with the other driver as that require some new lines from the F2 com box team.

16 hours ago, danort17 said:

As F2 just confirmed the replacements for Hubert and Correa, it might be the case that they will be ingame instead, although Codies usually denies in season updates. But I agree, at least a little information aboutbthe delays would be great and just fair to the community. Everybody understands that there may be delays because of the events that happend, but not saying anything is just bullsht.

they could fix the game instead. The tragic incident is no excuce for doing nothing over a month. (Except that few skins)

Well, today the day we get to play with the F2 2019 drivers as patch 1.12 makes it happen. (I waiting for the GT sport update to finish before switching consoles)

Well, We got our answer today on that one as its looks like the family said yes as Hubert is in the F2 2019 game line up. Looks like it was round 5 for cut off going by car 14 driver name (meaning its sightly out of date)

I've removed a few posts from this thread as they are argumentative and not contributing to the conversation. Please remember to be civil to one another and I hope you all enjoy the F2 2019 content. Thanks. 

• Thanks 3