Rise Up Against Your Rivals Ahead of the F2™ 2019 Season Digital Update Coming Soon to F1® 2019

From the Codemasters Blog:

In eager anticipation of the forthcoming F2™ 2019 season, Codemasters today released the first in a new series of videos focusing on the FIA Formula 2 Championship™. For the first time in the official videogame’s history, players are now able to choose from both F1 and F2. Fans of F2 were able to play the full 2018 season at launch and, in the coming weeks, Codemasters is set to release an update giving players access to the full 2019 season.

Paul Jeal, F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters, explains further: “We were delighted to include F2 in F1 2019 this year, and the reaction to its inclusion has been fantastic. Not only are the cars great fun to drive, but the unique race weekend format of Formula 2, and the near equal cars makes for a perfect gaming combination.

With both the F1 & F2 seasons about to resume from the summer break this weekend, at the FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2019, I know that many of our fans are looking forward to getting their hands on the latest car & driver line-ups and experiencing a full F2 2019 Championship.

For those fans who aren’t as familiar with Formula 2 as they are with Formula 1, we have spoken to several former drivers, the commentators and F2 themselves on what makes it so different from F1, as well as touching on the predominant themes of rivalry and the pathway to F1. It was fascinating to get a great insight from those who have been there and done it and I hope our fans enjoy this series of videos over the coming weeks”

With appearances from George Russell, Lando Norris and Alex Albon, who themselves have risen from F2 to F1 in the 2018 season, alongside the likes of F2 experts Bruno Michel, Davide Valsecchi and Alex Jacques, the series of videos will excite gamers ahead of the forthcoming 2019 F2 season.

Follow Codemasters F1® games blog and social channels on Twitter and Facebook for future updates and buy F1® 2019 now from http://www.formula1game.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Disagree 2

Who wants this F2 garbage at all? We want a functioning F1 game. And fast! 

F2 should be a separate game. But Codemasters don't care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Techstyler81 said:

I kinda agree and disagree. I agree in that I'm an F1 fan and don't care to drive cars with a lower PI than F1 cars. On the other hand, it's a great way to experience what the cars that allow drivers to transition into the Pinnacle of Motorsport Sports are all about, rules and regulations and all. I for one don't care for this facet of the game, but if you're an F3 driver I can see the relevance.  Still not a bad addition to the game as you so poignantly point out!  

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Techstyler81 said:

I don't agree with you regarding the F2 "garbage". Did you try the F2? It drives different then the F1 car, you have to control it very different, trottle power in corners are different, sound is raw etc. I am really enjoying it and did stop with F1 2019 races because of all the bugs and issues at this moment and the engine sound i don't like about F1 2019.

If you are a race fan, you should give F2 a honest try..

Edited by GioProductions
Text mistake
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

In Bezug auf den F2 "Müll" stimme ich Ihnen nicht zu. Hast du den F2 ausprobiert? Es fährt sich anders als das F1-Auto, man muss es sehr unterschiedlich steuern, die Gasleistung in den Kurven ist unterschiedlich, der Sound ist rau usw. Ich genieße es wirklich und habe mit F1 2019-Rennen aufgehört, wegen all der Fehler und Probleme in diesem Moment und das motorgeräusch gefällt mir an der f1 2019 nicht.

Wenn Sie ein Rennfan sind, sollten Sie F2 einen ehrlichen Versuch geben.

No, I haven't tried F2. I'm absolutely not interested. But I expect a more or less error-free F1 game with 2 years of development time. Finally we bought an F1 game. The F2 is included. I think it's ok if F1 would work properly. But it is far from doing so. That's why I'm a little disappointed with Codemasters. They should focus on F1. You will be paid for this. 

F2 could be seen as a separst game. Unfortunately, Codemasters is incompetent. You have now proved this several times. Classic Cars, but F1 full of mistakes. 

What's the point? Other annoyed players who will no longer buy the game? 

Do you want that? If so, you are well on your way to bankruptcy. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Sorry pj,

i don't think anyone cares anymore, ,

we now know for a fact that pad vs wheel was equal from day one release ,pad is now 1 to 3 seconds per lap faster dependent on the track,

we started off with a brilliant sim and 3 month ended up with a pile of bug garbage, and best part this game worked brilliantly from day one release up to patch 1.05 ,

then each patch after has made loads more bugs, it's like your doing this on purpose ,

100 and 100 of posts detailing why has ffb for wheel users been muted,

my only answer because there's been nothing from codies is it's been done to attract pad users ,

pad vs wheel was equal , the more you used less assists the faster you got,

ffb was amazing as good as pcars2 ,,

it depresses me to post how bad f1 2019 has got in little under 3 months since released ,and you know it's bad when they reduce game by 30% discount iin under 3 months from new,

as a league owner and a good sim racer I really don't understand why any company would want to kill a game off,

senna vs Prost absolute joke ,especially the high price, never again and you can't keep biting the hand that feeds you.

the F2 are truly horrible to race ,they weren't on day one release ,

we tried to run a small championship with f2 and they are ****,which they weren't before,

ive run leagues in iracing /pc

and leagues Pcars 1 and 2 ,assetto corsa , dirt rally 1 and 2.0 , all the F1 titles from year dot,,

F1 2019 on the ps4 using t300 was great ,not know ,

so Back to F2 no one cares anymore, multiplayer is dead in ranked ,

so please please save this game and rollback to patch 1.04 or 1.05 before you can't even give the game away,

i know the staff on here there hands are tied so please accept my apology ,

all the best and I hope they learn from repeated past yearly mistakes , 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

F2 won't work because F1 doesn't. No faith whatsoever, just a cynical cash grab on unsuspecting people who haven't bought the game.

Try directing them here to make a value judgement.

• Agree 3

Massa88 

thamks for loins thumb down , are you a pad or wheel user as that will make a huge difference ,

if your not a wheel user then invest in hardware and then you can cast an informed opinion ,

most wheel users will agree that from day one release ffb was amazing ,we thought codemasters had nailed it,

then to discover from patch 1.05 that they turned the whole game around solely for pad users,

when game was 1st released as I had preordered Senna vs Prost I got try race 3 days earlier and pad users complained they could not drive the F2 cars and it's not fair because wheel users can match us,

well guess what pad users got there wish and f12019 from patch 1,05 has been turned into a bug feast with each update and we've watched pad users get incredible lap times,

in a league race at silverstone I had to drive in qualy mode lap after lap just to stay on same lap, then when we watched the replays you could see the huge difference in corner speeds ,it's very clear to see,

so when I make a post it's done on a informed opinion based on hundreds of hours just on this one game alone never mind the thousands of hours spent practicing for league races,

a bold statement but f12019 for wheel users was just as good as pcars2 and almost as good as iracing ,

although I like F2 fix the bugs and ffb in f1 , I for one don't care about F2 ,

we tried 2 weeks ago to run a fun league with f2 and it was a waste of time, especially tyres lol

we are all allowed an opinion but I always make mine after testing or practicing after hundreds of hours ,we've earned the right as customers and as league owners and sim races .

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Massa88 

thamks for loins thumb down , are you a pad or wheel user as that will make a huge difference ,

if your not a wheel user then invest in hardware and then you can cast an informed opinion ,

most wheel users will agree that from day one release ffb was amazing ,we thought codemasters had nailed it,

then to discover from patch 1.05 that they turned the whole game around solely for pad users,

when game was 1st released as I had preordered Senna vs Prost I got try race 3 days earlier and pad users complained they could not drive the F2 cars and it's not fair because wheel users can match us,

well guess what pad users got there wish and f12019 from patch 1,05 has been turned into a bug feast with each update and we've watched pad users get incredible lap times,

in a league race at silverstone I had to drive in qualy mode lap after lap just to stay on same lap, then when we watched the replays you could see the huge difference in corner speeds ,it's very clear to see,

so when I make a post it's done on a informed opinion based on hundreds of hours just on this one game alone never mind the thousands of hours spent practicing for league races,

a bold statement but f12019 for wheel users was just as good as pcars2 and almost as good as iracing ,

although I like F2 fix the bugs and ffb in f1 , I for one don't care about F2 ,

we tried 2 weeks ago to run a fun league with f2 and it was a waste of time, especially tyres lol

we are all allowed an opinion but I always make mine after testing or practicing after hundreds of hours ,we've earned the right as customers and as league owners and sim races .

I do not agree that pad Players are from 1 to 3 seconds faster not whole post

Use controler and i am not faster than wheel players

Play f1 game Long time

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, breezyskells22 said:

Will the sad news from today delay the F2 2019 update? 

Really really sad news!! 😥

Edited by GioProductions

I think it would be fitting to include Antoine Hubert in the F2 2019 game as he is still the reigning GP3 champion.

Jules Bianchi was not removed from F1 2014 after Suzuka (but I do not know about the F1 2014 mode in F1 2015)

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 2

Jules Bianchi is in F1 2015 too (2014 season), but don't forget he was still alive at the time the game first released. So I think it is a slightly different scenario this time, and it will somehow affect the release of the F2 2019 update. Rest in Peace, Anthoine.

Edited by Balazsryche

Anthoine should be in the game.  Removing him as though he didn’t exist is wrong.  Maybe they could have option to choose him or the driver who comes in for final races? 

• Agree 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, Balazsryche said:

Jules Bianchi is in F1 2015 too (2014 season), but don't forget he was still alive at the time the game first released. So I think it is a slightly different scenario this time, and it will somehow affect the release of the F2 2019 update. Rest in Peace, Anthoine.

No. F1 2015 release date is 10.7.2015 in EU. Jules Bianchi died 17.7.2015... And Codies don't remove his in next patches.

RIP Anthoine

On 8/29/2019 at 9:41 PM, GioProductions said:

It drives different then the F1 car

That's an understatement. The F2 cars are basically the most realistic part of the game. Just ask Norris.

Unfortunately all that means is that the rest of the game isn't worth playing. Yeah, the 2019 F2 season was known to be in development well in advance, but it makes CM look incompetent on the matter of the F1 cars themselves, not to mention the AI.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

It is good to introduce new content but please first fix your game there are a lot of bugs and problems.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Raymy said:

No. F1 2015 release date is 10.7.2015 in EU. Jules Bianchi died 17.7.2015...

Thats what I said. I never said they won't include Anthoine Hubert in the update, I only said his case is different than Bianchi's and it will affect the release one way or another. 

Patch 1.10 that contains this update will be huge. I hope to see performance issues that affect the drive-ability of the cars included 1.10. 

With this update I'll take the plunge and indulge in the F2 2019 season for the first time, as I don't care too much about season 2018. Bring on this update already! 

On 9/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, steviejay69 said:

I think it would be fitting to include Antoine Hubert in the F2 2019 game as he is still the reigning GP3 champion.

Jules Bianchi was not removed from F1 2014 after Suzuka (but I do not know about the F1 2014 mode in F1 2015)

It would. And I'd like to see the stickers on the cars we're seeing this weekend for both Hubert and Correa. 

On the inclusion of Hubert, it's not up to us to decide. The family should make the decision on that unless somebody asked Hubert that question in an event like that which is probably unlikely.