GRID Graphics Discussion

So what Yes the tree's look bad in grid compared with the old grid and so do the rocks that dosnt mean the game is dead what you guys are doing here is Just toxic Some of us are stil happy for grid making a comeback afther all these years people worked verry hard on making this game so to say its nailed into a coffin (dead) that is Just rude 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Road texture. That was from a live stream, via you tube 1080p that blurs in and out as it drops FPS. I watched that stream. The sense of speed, lighting and game play was good. Look at these photos captured also from the same video -see link below.

(Half the tarmac and rocks look incredibly detailed and half blurred, also half the tree blurred like you show and when the video starts to focus half the tree is very detailed).

I do think you guys are nit picking a little . The game has had a lot of work done and looks great. I have my pre-order in to support codies. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8K6dKvDitc

2019-09-21_072356.jpg

2019-09-21_072826.jpg

2019-09-21_073038.jpg

Edited by torque99uk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

Some of us are stil happy for grid making a comeback afther all these years

I'm really glad for you.

And I was supposed to be glad to. But this is not a comeback I was waiting for. It should be technical burst (six years passed)! Insted we got drastical downgrade in almost all aspects of the game.

2 hours ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

that is Just rude

Rude is to sell so outdated game by full price, when there is way cheaper Autosport with better graphics. Frankly speaking - they don't sell GRID, they sell cockpit. Because cockpit - is the only improvement in new GRID.

2 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I'm really glad for you.

And I was supposed to be glad to. But this is not a comeback I was waiting for. It should be technical burst (six years passed)! Insted we got drastical downgrade in almost all aspects of the game.

Rude is to sell so outdated game by full price, when there is way cheaper Autosport with better graphics. Frankly speaking - they don't sell GRID, they sell cockpit. Because cockpit - is the only improvement in new GRID.

No one is forcing you to buy it right go play that game if u like it so mutch because what you are doing on these forums is Just harasment at this point

• Like 1

some low quality details are not a deal break for me. If the game is strong on online side or gameplay-handling.

Don't focus too much on graphics guys… and as i said before the overall looking is not bad. 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

So what Yes the tree's look bad in grid compared with the old grid and so do the rocks that dosnt mean the game is dead what you guys are doing here is Just toxic Some of us are stil happy for grid making a comeback afther all these years people worked verry hard on making this game so to say its nailed into a coffin (dead) that is Just rude 

I't not "just trees and rocks", it's the dozens of problems/bugs that have been reported in detail and some of you are choosing to ignore.

First there was the "it's a preview build, wait for release" excuse...   now that Youtubers are playing full game builds with Review codes and most problems are still there you don't want to acknowledge them anyway. "It's toxic" "it's rude"...     is it?   submitting bug reports and opinions to a discussion forum so there's a chance they could be solved/improved is "toxic"?  as opposed to what?  defending the game with vague or incoherent excuses and blindly preordering based on faith?

I'm not saying the game is dead (yes, it can still be fun) but many aspects look dated and even worse than previous titles, and visually is not up to 2019 standards, except for the part of absurdingly forcing DX12 and 100GB of HDD space on you.

Edited by jesped
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, torque99uk said:

Road texture. That was from a live stream, via you tube 1080p that blurs in and out as it drops FPS. I watched that stream. The sense of speed, lighting and game play was good. Look at these photos captured also from the same video -see link below.

(Half the tarmac and rocks look incredibly detailed and half blurred

Well, it's a bug then...    right? better to list it so they can fix it than trying to ignore it, right? 🤷‍♂️

Road_texture_2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, torque99uk said:

I have my pre-order in to support codies. 

Nobody should preorder a game, unless it is an indie dev you want to support, which is not the case with Codemasters having plenty of money to throw into Fernando Alonso's pockets (instead into the real developers', to make a better game).

Preorders are bad for the videogame industry. Among other negative stuff, it encourages companies to put out buggy and unfinished games:

https://www.svg.com/125676/reasons-you-should-never-preorder-a-game/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/reasons-not-preorder-video-games.html/

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/stop-preordering-games/

GRID Autosport features 22 locations:
image.thumb.png.c0d079279b6e5eb8667f1033eb4d06c9.png

GRID features 12 (Okutama counted just 1 in Autosport), almost half:
image.png.7769021a6db6af413a6f48c03fea174d.png

From these 12, 9 are recycled and a lot look worse than 5-6 years ago.

But keep on preordering and blindly supporting post-launch paid content cut from the game in the first place...

Edited by jesped
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@jesped I don't think that is a bug- could it be a patch (repair) in the road.?

I have pre-ordered as I enjoy the grid franchise and all codies games as I know how much work it takes to develop these games. I won't read those media links as I make my own decision on games. I understand why others don't pre-order but I want to play the game and can't wait as I love all racing games!

Hopefully your graphical analysis of the things you mention will get patched and I am sure they are reading this and working on the game before release for you. 

The rain put in must be a considerable amount of additional work and they said free dlc tracks will launch after release as they can't get them all done. Remember most franchises carry on over old tracks even AAA titles like forza, GT,  PCars,  Dirt etc as a lot of work has gone into building them. The detail around the tracks takes months and months.

I hope you buy the game as in a way it shows you care about the graphics and detail, but have you also thought this might be putting others off actually buying it? 

P.S : I will get to play it 3 days early (Ultimate edition) and I have a new 4K Ultra PC RTX2080ti GPU so I will post some detailed shots up from the replays for you and give my feedback then as these stream/demo videos are never as good as on your own TV. 👍

Edited by torque99uk

Seems like that trailer was a lie ))

Trees are horrible, LOD is horrible, lightning is horrible, everything is covered with thick fog to hide poor detalization...

The weirdest thing - I see no reason for such awful visuals. There are no 200 cars on the track simultaneously, there is no crazy level of damage, this is not open-world game... Why, why??? 

Edited by lastbreath
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, torque99uk said:

@jesped I don't think that is a bug- could it be a patch (repair) in the road.?

It's a bug I've seen before in many other games. Engine not loading/showing the full detail of the texture. Sometimes the texture changes seconds after, and sometimes it doesn't and keeps looking like this. Same as this road texture quality can't be normal, it has nothing to do with YT stream blurriness, the rest of the elements look fine (regarding textures resolution), it's just the road that looks like PS3 resolution or even worse:
Road_texture.jpg

I have pre-ordered as I enjoy the grid franchise and all codies games as I know how much work it takes to develop these games. I won't read those media links as I make my own decision on games. I understand why others don't pre-order but I want to play the game and can't wait as I love all racing games!

Of course it's your decision, nobody is debating that, but you should at least understand why preordering is bad for everybody, for the games release and the whole industry itself. It's the same with microtransactions and loot boxes, it doesn't affect just you, even if you don't fall for them, they affect the whole industry and games development.
The whole point is: yes, you can wait. You can wait at least for serious reviews on release. That would encourage developers to put more care in the state they release their games.

Look at the whole Dirt Rally 2 FFB release fiasco. Not a single one of the Youtubers that were promoting the game said anything about it. At release the FFB was so bad dozens of people were harshly complaining about it. It took Codemasters months to fix it (to a point)...

Hopefully your graphical analysis of the things you mention will get patched and I am sure they are reading this and working on the game before release for you. 

This is the whole point of this thread. I'm not spending my time trying to bash the game or the developers for no reason or for the sake of being mean. As I stated several times already, I would prefer the Codemasters suits would have spent all the big money that went into rent Fernando Alonso's brand (let's be honest, just for marketing) into the developer's team instead. I guess they would agree to being better paid, having more people in their team and more time to make a better game than the same amount of money being dumped to a millionaire star for his name. We don't need any Fernando Alonso bs to sell us a game. Not even the big powerhouses like Sony or Microsoft are wasting their money in this lame marketing moves.

But I'm a realist...    I know that although some of the problems reported here can be fixed, some others are too much work (reflections, for example), specially to be done in the last month, or they just won't care.

The rain put in must be a considerable amount of additional work

As I said, the rain looks good. Not Driveclub level of good, but good enough. The only complaints I have are:

1. At times it looks like intermitent waves, like a garden watering. It may be a glitch.

2. Rain drops are static, they don't refresh or move over the car body, like in Driveclub:
giphy.gif

3. Water splashes doesn't seem to be affected by shadows.

they said free dlc tracks will launch after release as they can't get them all done. Remember most franchises carry on over old tracks even AAA titles like forza, GT,  PCars,  Dirt etc as a lot of work has gone into building them. The detail around the tracks takes months and months.

Other titles recycling old tracks improve them, a lot. This is the first case I see of a franchise going backwards in quality in so many important graphical aspects.
I don't know how much time they've been developing this game for real, but it's been 5 fuqing years since GRID Autosport...    it isn't like it's an annual release like F1 titles (which look much better, btw).

As stated: GRID Autosport was released 1 year after GRID 2...    22 locations. GRID 2019, 5 years later...   12 locations...    it just isn't acceptable for a game asking for full price. This is just too low quality and too little content.

I hope you buy the game as in a way it shows you care about the graphics and detail, but have you also thought this might be putting others off actually buying it? 

There is lots of things I need to be sure before I would consider buying it, specially at full price. We don't even know how it plays with wheels yet, ffs. 🤷‍♂️
Or the FFB quality. If it is as bad as Dirt Rally 2, I guarantee there's going to be a hell of a wave of complaints.

If my posting puts off some people to buy the game, that's because they are more informed now about things they care in the game. The people that don't care and blindly buy anything put out by Codemasters are not going to change their minds with anything I can post here anyway.

Edited by jesped
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

There is a difference between being toxic and being passionate and after reading thru *most* of these comments all i'm seeing is a bunch of guys and gals who are just passionate about what they play and just want to experience their bit of escapism in the best possible way.

I say this with the greatest respect but just because you are happy that you're not getting the very best out of what your console/computer is capable of then that shouldn't put you in a position to chastise those who are equally as enthusiastic as yourself about the return of Grid but have different views as to what levels of acceptability a £55 game should be aiming towards on today's hardware.

I would normally agree with you that visuals aren't the be all and end all defining factor in a videogame but the problem with Grid 2019 is that it can be directly compared against the near identical Autosport - and with a game offering twice the content at a fraction of the price the ONLY genuine incentive Codemasters could offer to make us all want too move on from that game would be to make it's spiritual successor look as very 2019 as was humanly possible... So no, all things considered on this occasion I completely disagree with your point regarding dubious trees and dodgy rock textures and say that how Grid looks is absolutely critical.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

On 9/21/2019 at 3:15 AM, lastbreath said:

I'm really glad for you.

Quite frankly, you should just go back to Grid Autosport if you think that game is better, No need to attack people that praise the game by spewing insults. The moderation team will have you banned if you keep this up.

I have one question, what is your mission? demanding answers for what you say sub par graphics while stating your answers to criticism as complete facts, or just trying to scare people away from the game?

This is a critical question that I would like to see answered. Besides, your words will not have any sway on peoples opinions unless you actually be constructive. Send a PM to a community manager if you have any thoughts.

Edited by CordedQuill42
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Now you are bullying other users for standing up to you. Quite frankly, you should just go back to Grid Autosport if you think that game is better, No need to attack people that praise the game by spewing insults. The moderation team will have you banned if you keep this up.

I have one question, what is your mission? demanding answers for what you say sub par graphics while stating your answers to criticism as complete facts, or just trying to scare people away from the game?

This is a critical question that I would like to see answered. Besides, your words will not have any sway on peoples opinions unless you actually be constructive. Send a PM to a community manager if you have any thoughts.

His "mission" is to voice his opinion (critical or otherwise) about graphics quality in a dedicated thread about graphics quality with no need whatsoever to PM anyone about personal thoughts.

Scaremongers will try their methods of dissuasion in EXACTLY the same way as the pro Grid people attempt their methods of persuasion and BOTH sides of the fence will try to sway opinions if only to validate their claims so If you seriously believe that this could be in any way, shape or form could be construed as bullying then you really do need to grasp the basic mechanics of debating.

Furthermore, if you actually took the time to read through the entire thread in order to take on board all the comments (by everyone and not just backend stuff by a select few) then maybe, just maybe you'll understand things a little better and have something far more constructive - and something far more appropriate - to add instead of just that typical third party ploy to stir a hornets nest (that's not there to be stirred) you attempted.

'If you don't like it, go play something else' is not the point of this discussion so don't embarrass yourself by thinking it is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

6 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Now you are bullying other users for standing up to you. Quite frankly, you should just go back to Grid Autosport if you think that game is better, No need to attack people that praise the game by spewing insults. The moderation team will have you banned if you keep this up.

His "mission" is to voice his opinion (critical or otherwise) about graphics quality in a dedicated thread about graphics quality with no need whatsoever to PM anyone about personal thoughts.

Scaremongers will try their methods of dissuasion in EXACTLY the same way as the pro Grid people attempt their methods of persuasion and BOTH sides of the fence will try to sway opinions if only to validate their claims so If you seriously believe that this could be in any way, shape or form could be construed as bullying then you really do need to grasp the basic mechanics of debating.

Furthermore, if you actually took the time to read through the entire thread in order to take on board all the comments (by everyone and not just backend stuff by a select few) then maybe, just maybe you'll understand things a little better and have something far more constructive - and something far more appropriate - to add instead of just that typical third party ploy to stir a hornets nest (that's not there to be stirred) you attempted.

'If you don't like it, go play something else' is not the point of this discussion so don't embarrass yourself by thinking it is. 

Thats a verry delusional way of putting things all you guys have done is ridicule the devs but now you guys are the one beeing juged for you out of controle action whitch are puurly made to Hurt the fealings of evry 1 who worked on the game and now here you Come saying we are bullying you guys, yea sure... Sugestions are more then welcome about grid as long as it is done is a civilized way 

10 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

• Disagree 2

And if this is a game you claim to love u should act like it insted of saying dev's spit on the game or that the game is dead those are some inrasional acusations the devs work verry hard on grid and all you guys do is spit on it with your negative aditudes and iresional way of speaking to the devs

• Disagree 4

He also has bin warned to keap thing productieve on these forums and by saying the game is dead because it dosnt have inviseble winds that is not helpfull at all so  if anyone is using scaremongers tactics its him we are not saying that he is wrong about the grapical issues its the rude way he trys to bring them to light

"The devs work very hard on GRID", only that doesn't matter since the end result is not good enough. They want our money, they should go ahead and put more effort into their game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I have one question, what is your mission?

11 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

This is a critical question that I would like to see answered

I want to know what was graphics sacrificed for. Is it clear enough for you?

We don't troll here just for lulz. We posted dozens of arguments why graphics is pure ****. We proved our words with examples and screens so don't call us "non-consructive"!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

they should go ahead and put more effort into their game.

Yes they should have, i do feal like they rushed it way to mutch thats prob why we dont have demo derby drifting or good tree's & rocks car performance upgrades 

Edited by ELITE-Team-Solo
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, ELITE-Team-Solo said:

...delusional...        ...now here you Come saying we are bullying you guys... 

tenor.gif?itemid=7852244

image.png.5c9f9828a5b94c12f02d1f210735eaee.png

Edited by jesped
  • Disagree 2