DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

GRID Graphics Discussion

19 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

With such visuals - definitely no. I have to install Win10, free 100 gb of disk space and pay 50 bucks for what? Game requirements are simply inconsistent with such gfx. 4 new tracks and cockpit - all GRID can offer. Everything else is better (or equal) in Autosport and I still can play it. So, this is a rhetorical question.

this is actually 46 gb

Preloading is ready to go on steam just 46gb+

from the Grid Pre order Links. CLICK HERE

Edited by CordedQuill42
Source

46GB when the requirements say 100GB... Hope theres not gonna be a day 1 53GB "patch" sigh.. anyway exited it's begun. hoping us moaners are proved wrong but gonna keep that receipt handy for the 1st 2 hours playing...

Best I hedge my bets and get the ingredients for that humble pie I mentioned just in case lol......

I'm guessing they say keep 100gb space available to cover months and months of DLC Seasons and any additional patches. Forza and GTSport after all DLC are this sort of size on console (95-100gb+) I might be wrong but doesn't Steam pack the game install size down and maybe that is why it is less as I am sure they are usually smaller than the actual game on a few games lately I downloaded. While on consoles they stay the same size. It will be interesting to see the download size on PS4. 

Edit: I just came across this video and at the start of this video he says:

2019-10-03_180928.png

He says preview build, and I am sure it is close to the final release build but it would be good to see build version numbers on the loading page like some games.

Edited by torque99uk

There are a few people in here that seem to have no plans of buying this game are still trashing it to death every single day.  When I feels a game is going to be trash And I have no plans on purchasing it, then I won’t be in the discussion.

Anyways, the game looks AMAZING.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, torque99uk said:

He says preview build, and I am sure it is close to the final release build but it would be good to see build version numbers on the loading page like some games.

3 hours ago, jesped said:

I don't know if you can understand spanish, but in this video from VANDAL they clearly state "we already have been able to test it in its FINAL version": 

FINAL:
image.thumb.png.ffdab9b854791d317dd24b1e94aeb846.png

Youtubers and gaming channels are playing the FULL game with REVIEW codes, 1 WEEK ahead of launch.

It's being stated MANY TIMES, but nobody answered this: how much Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally 2 changed from the videos showed 1 month before release to release date? ZERO. NOTHING. NADA. 🤷‍♂️

Yet some of you are still expecting this multiplatform game will magically have all these problems fixed at launch, with not a single specific word from the devs about them, beyond "these reports are useful".

Still unanswered...

• Disagree 1

There is a link to the DiRT Rally 2.0 FFB controversy which I can say one thing about: It wasn't a bug, it was designed like that with expert knowledge, but people have different expectations and the problem comes from the FFB only coming from the wheel, so you have to make decisions based on if you want to simulate other forces you would feel with your body instead of the wheel.

The community eventually got quite a nice wall of text by Christina before she left the company.

Also the reason we don't get answers here is because there is no one from the GRID19 art team here as far as I know, only one handling designer passing by. We have to somehow sound welcoming in order to get them to be interested in this place.

Now let's continue with the graphics stuff, sorry 🙂 

54 minutes ago, BRICKS44 said:

There are a few people in here that seem to have no plans of buying this game are still trashing it to death every single day.  When I feels a game is going to be trash And I have no plans on purchasing it, then I won’t be in the discussion.

It's not "trashing it to death", it's critizicing in detail all the aspects that makes it OUTDATED and MEDIOCRE. These are opinions, yes, but are based on FACTS, those are they ones that really have been posted "to death" in this thread, again and again. It's a game that, compared with most racing games from the las 5 years (even Codemasters ones) comes out as lacking, in both visuals and content.

It doesn't have anything to do with if I am going to buy the game or not, visuals will be the same wether I buy it or not.

For me, personally, it's going to be a long check list (regarding visuals, gameplay is a different sack):

- Are Codemaster going to fix anything at all from all the issues being reported here?  if not at launch, at least a serious commitment they will in a later patch.

- Is it moddable?

- Can any of these problems be fixed editing xml config files?

- Does it work with the new Reshade, which is DX12 compatible for some titles? in affirmative case, will it work with SuperDepth3D?

etc.

So it's not a resounding "NO!", but far from a "sure, here's my fanboy money upfront!". It's definitively a very cautious "will see..."

As I said earlier in this thread, preorders are bad for gamers and the videogame industry in general:

On 9/21/2019 at 3:37 PM, jesped said:

Nobody should preorder a game, unless it is an indie dev you want to support, which is not the case with Codemasters having plenty of money to throw into Fernando Alonso's pockets (instead into the real developers', to make a better game).

Preorders are bad for the videogame industry. Among other negative stuff, it encourages companies to put out buggy and unfinished games:

https://www.svg.com/125676/reasons-you-should-never-preorder-a-game/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/reasons-not-preorder-video-games.html/

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/stop-preordering-games/

GRID Autosport features 22 locations:
image.thumb.png.c0d079279b6e5eb8667f1033eb4d06c9.png

GRID features 12 (Okutama counted just 1 in Autosport), almost half:
image.png.7769021a6db6af413a6f48c03fea174d.png

From these 12, 9 are recycled and a lot look worse than 5-6 years ago.

But keep on preordering and blindly supporting post-launch paid content cut from the game in the first place...

54 minutes ago, BRICKS44 said:

Anyways, the game looks AMAZING.

If all this looks "AMAZING" to you, I severely disagree with your definition of what is "amazing": 🤷‍♂️

Edited by jesped

27 minutes ago, BRICKS44 said:

There are a few people in here that seem to have no plans of buying this game are still trashing it to death every single day.

I dont understand that either, life is short so not going to waste time in forums arguing if im not getting the game. Some dont even have Win10 a requirement, theres a discussion on steam with people not willing to upgrade. Sigh, to each their own.

6 minutes ago, torque99uk said:

@jesped It won't be the final build they have as there is always a patch on day one  :classic_biggrin: Not long until Tuesday so I can test it.

That's literally what they say in the video, at the exact time I posted it: "we tested it in its FINAL version". They are one of the biggest spanish gaming sites, not some cheap youtuber.

I wouldn't say "always". Has a Day 1 patch really been announced?

Besides, that's being desperately hanging to a nail, and you know it. 😉

Important fact is: how much Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally 2 changed from the videos showed 1 month before release to release date? ZERO. NOTHING. NADA. 🤷‍♂️

But it seems now GRID is going to be the first case in History where the game on release is going to be a whole new level of awesomeness compared to the videos around a week before...

Edited by jesped
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, UP100 said:

We have to somehow sound welcoming in order to get them to be interested in this place.

No We don't there's absolutely no reason we cannot discuss apparent failings without ramming our noses up some devs rear end trying to see daylight......

3 minutes ago, Gears4Brains said:
34 minutes ago, BRICKS44 said:

There are a few people in here that seem to have no plans of buying this game are still trashing it to death every single day.

I dont understand that either, life is short so not going to waste time in forums arguing if im not getting the game. Some dont even have Win10 a requirement, theres a discussion on steam with people not willing to upgrade. Sigh, to each their own.

Already bought it despite @jesped's very valid comment above. I'm here precisely because I've bought the game (not just 1 copy but 2 copies one for a friend I've helped out in the past. Both of us fervently hoping it IS a return to Codies glory days, It just beggars belief that the game looks (preloading it right now in fact so the game is ineffect finished) this bad this close to launch whilst GAS looked identical in the press preview version compared to the full launch game. That IS an issue.....

I had access to the press preview of GAS and there were several updates in the 6-8 weeks I had the game on my PC but none of them were for background textures/details. I didn't have any updates to GAS on launch date the game was already fully installed including the high res texture pack...

No day one patch announced yet 🙈 and if I am honest I am not expecting too much change from the latest videos, if there is a patch I guess it will be more optimisation and final bug fixes. If they do fix graphics with a big update which has happened on a few games this tends to come a month or two down the line. For the time being I am now more interested in what difference there is on my PC set up to all the recent you tube videos.

56 minutes ago, BRICKS44 said:

When I feels a game is going to be trash And I have no plans on purchasing it, then I won’t be in the discussion

I was eagerly waiting for new GRID and had plans on purchasing it untill I saw its quality... Feel the difference

Edited by lastbreath
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Gears4Brains said:

No worries Rastus, didnt get the impression u werent getting it unlike some others.

Not your fault dude there's just too many outraged fanboys gushing and toitally desperate for a view of the sun whilst the devs are sat on their noses lol.

At the end of the day We're the customer paying the devs managers directors board members wages and it can get a bit irritating being bashed continually and trolled by some of them for expressing a contrary opinion....

BTW, it seems at least a High Res Texture Pack for cars like in GRID Autosport will be needed too:

image.thumb.png.e1a26cd5ba77583e4086f30f7ae8ec49.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, torque99uk said:

No day one patch announced yet 🙈 and if I am honest I am not expecting too much change from the latest videos, if there is a patch I guess it will be more optimisation and final bug fixes. If they do fix graphics with a big update which has happened on a few games this tends to come a month or two down the line. For the time being I am now more interested in what difference there is on my PC set up to all the recent you tube videos.

You just hit the nail right on the head 😄 without playing on our own hardware it's hard to judge if these are bad compression (12.5Mb/s vs 60Mb/s most capture cards are capable of) or bad graphics. a demo would answer that but we've been told thats not planned whilst Forza HAS had demos on PC prior to launch date, only FH3's demo came after launch after so many people requested it before buying... PCars 2 also had a demo... Grid 1, 2 and Autosport also had a demo why not this one I wonder????

20 minutes ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Both of us fervently hoping it IS a return to Codies glory days,

Same here m8.

But I won't see it happen.

Why?

Just the way the online part is setup for example.

You can use playlist (which we hated in AS cause of the official cheat called backflash for example) or setup our own server, which I dislike aswell (and most of the people I played with in AS) cause you have to change the tracks again after every 5 rounds.

Then there is the car handling I see in most videos.

I don't see us going around the track in packs of 6 or 8 cars (depending how many friends there are online)  like in first grid.

Edited by Assiemodis

The forums are public, u know that going in. Thats why u must have conviction about ur opinions and not be persuaded by just anyone or anything for that matter. The problem is no one likes being disagreed with anymore. Just cause someone doesnt agree with everything u say doesnt make them an enemies. So stand firm with ur comments and live with them, if proven wrong just admit it and keep moving. I could care less who agrees with me or not, i dont know any of u personal lol.

1 minute ago, Sir.Smoke said:

What baffles me is that SPA is missing.

hmm I'm betting it's gonna be in the game I mentioned it was in GAS along with Istanbul before launch when it WAS supposed to be kept under wraps.

Loore had told me if it was in the game version I had I was free to talk about it. He then asked me "Where did you see those 2?" so I informed him I'd scrolled through the track list and both were listed and appologised for letting the cat outta the bag. so just because it's not listed doesn't mean it won't appear later on.

11 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

Then there is the car handling I see in most videos.

I don't see us going around the track in packs of 6 or 8 cars (depending how many friends there are online)  like in first grid.

Hi Assie, I dunno mate I guess it depends on who's in the session plus I watched Jimmy Broadbents streams and in the 1st he went on about Grid wasn't for controllers. He then did a 2nd using one of his wheels and said it was really pretty good to play with the wheel and he was surprised... Guessing He's a wee bit younger than us ol' soaks lol

OFC we knew back in the day Grid 1 was waaaaay better with a wheel vs a controller 😉😁

Edited by Guest

Searching for something else I came across these videos I have not seen. Now these are only in 1080p but the extra lighting (through tunnels), rain spray and tree line LOD in some tracks seem better than other videos I have seen. [edit: see next page]

Edited by torque99uk

The most beautiful videos were on Shirrako channel. They almost convinced me to buy the game :classic_biggrin:

Edited by lastbreath
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, torque99uk said:

Searching for something else I came across these videos I have not seen. Now these are only in 1080p but the extra lighting (through tunnels), rain spray and tree line LOD in some tracks seem better than other videos I have seen. 

Damn, these are some heavily compressed videos. and 1080p30, not even 60fps.

I think it's placebo. I don't see any differences, that tunnel in Shanghai was already full of lights and neons before. But that has nothing to do with the total lack of Eye Adaptation/Automatic Exposure in others like:
image.png

and don't know what to make of this double image...   bad editing?  because I can't believe motion blur would be this bad:
image.png.f279b2ac7c3b66f5329e6a4e59264087.pngimage.png.e2efc148866e4d2def0cc31afe5ea829.png

I think worst lighting is sunset in all tracks, and most noticeable LOD switch in trees is at Brands Hatch.

Edited by jesped