Sign in to follow this  

Previously available content (deluxe owner) buy season 3 to play

3 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

This is from the official Community Manager in March this year.

Slight correction, @CMMcBabe wasn't the community manager at the time, that was @xtinamcgrath

Many staff visit the forums and are tagged as Staff on the forums, people from production, QA, marketing etc. 😉 

As for what was commented at the time, I don't have the full context but I presume Deluxe at the time meant Seasons 1 & 2, considering that's what Deluxe was listed as on store pages.

The recent discussions have shown that the initial communcation may not have been clear enough, hence why I looked to clarify more via the Roadbook on Friday:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/the-dirt-roadbook-august-30-2019/

Another thing to clarify is how Community Challenges work now that we’ve moved on to Season 3. this was discussed on the forums this week and earlier today I got some info from the team to help clarify matters. You can read it here or catch the summary below.

In addition to Career Rally/Rallycross, there are additional kinds of Events are available in My Team.

Some of these will have a banner in the top corner, like the orange D+ banner in the screenshot above.

Community Events & AI Challenges

• No Banner: Events that have no banner in the top corner only use ‘on disc’ content, so anyone who bought any version of the game can play them.
  • D+ Banner: These events allow current Season owners to earn double credits, but only use ‘on disc’ content. Bear in mind that base rewards are based on event length when being compared to one another.

Special Events

• Bonus Banner: These events cycle through all DLC Content, from Seasons 1-3 (with a slight emphasis on the newest DLC). These are available however you have purchased the content , whether you have a bought a Season or a single piece of content.
  • Promo Banner: These events allow any player (whether they own DLC or not) to experience a DLC location.

The events with D+ Banners are colour-coded based on what Season they form a part of:

• Red:
    Season 1
    March 12 to June 3
  • Cyan:
    Season 2
    June 4 to August 26
  • Orange:
    Season 3
    August 27 to November 18
  • Pink:
    Season 4
    November 19 to end of Season 4 (date tbc)

We are currently in Season 3, so Season 3 events appear. Seasons 1 & 2 are complete and had D+ events run throughout their time as current Seasons.

One of the common questions we got after the release of Season 3 on Tuesday was from Deluxe Edition players asking where their content is. To clarify, the Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0 contains Seasons 1 & 2, as mentioned in the descriptions on each platform’s storefront.

Here’s a quick rundown of the various editions and bundles so that you know what is in each:

DiRT Rally 2.0 (sometimes known as “Standard Edition”)

• DiRT Rally 2.0 Base Game

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition

• Season 1 Content
  • Season 2 Content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack

• Season 1 Content
  • Season 2 Content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content 2.0

• Season 3 Content
  • Season 4 Content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass

• Season 1 Content
  • Season 2 Content
  • Season 3 Content
  • Season 4 Content

DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition

• Season 1 Content
  • Season 2 Content
  • Season 3 Content
  • Season 4 Content

• Like 2

The issue is that people were led to believe that buying the Deluxe Edition a.k.a. "Season 1 & 2 content" included permanent access to D+ events, by way of a lack of communication.

Edited by Malling
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Malling said:

The issue is that people were led to believe that buying the Deluxe Edition a.k.a. "Season 1 & 2 content" included permanent access to D+ events, by way of a severe lack of transparency.

I don't think Codemasters intentionally led people to believe that, nor was it a lack of transparency. They weren't trying to hide anything; rather, it was a failture of communication. Hanlon's Razor, you know?

I haven't agreed with a lot of the criticism levelled at Codemasters since DR2's release, but I absolutely do agree that they need to be better at communication. PJ is certainly helping there, but obviously he doesn't know everything, and can only tell us what the developers tell him, and what the higher-ups allow.

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

I don't think Codemasters intentionally led people to believe that, nor was it a lack of transparency. They weren't trying to hide anything; rather, it was a failture of communication. Hanlon's Razor, you know?

I haven't agreed with a lot of the criticism levelled at Codemasters since DR2's release, but I absolutely do agree that they need to be better at communication. PJ is certainly helping there, but obviously he doesn't know everything, and can only tell us what the developers tell him, and what the higher-ups allow.

Fair point, I can't disagree

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Slight correction, @CMMcBabe wasn't the community manager at the time, that was @xtinamcgrath

Many staff visit the forums and are tagged as Staff on the forums, people from production, QA, marketing etc. 😉 

My bad, but actually more damning imho given @CMMcBabe is still a CM employee and Christina isn't.

As for what was commented at the time, I don't have the full context but I presume Deluxe at the time meant Seasons 1 & 2, considering that's what Deluxe was listed as on store pages.

You've been here the whole time, you know that Deluxe was the only way to "pre-order" the season 1&2 content for a discount, and also had some unique items. My issue is not what was known, my issue is with what was not known - ie: high reward events had an expiry linked to the seasons, which themselves had end dates. There is no denying that this is still extremely poorly communicated outside of your Road Book.

For example, this is still for sale on the Steam store right now:

dr2DEadvert.thumb.JPG.c7d862c4ed792247683440b04fef7f2c.JPG

The very clear implication is that if you buy this right now, you will have access to all the things listed as included in the "Deluxe Edition". There is no mention of season dates anywhere to be found, and certainly no warning that the Season 1&2 have passed.

The recent discussions have shown that the initial communcation may not have been clear enough, hence why I looked to clarify more via the Roadbook on Friday:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/the-dirt-roadbook-august-30-2019/

Which is appreciated, and you are doing a good job of improving things now, but it doesn't obviate Codemasters from their responsibility to customers who were and continue to be misled, whether intentionally or by omission.

7 hours ago, caerphoto said:

Clearly they didn't have their own plans fully fleshed out at launch, and that is fine - many companies wing it - but if you make a restrospective decision, you need to look after customers it affects or you can expect them to voice their displeasure. That is all that is happening here. If Codemasters were to now make D+ events available to everyone who had bought Deluxe Editions all this would go away because there would no longer be a breach of faith.

It's such a simple gesture I cannot for the life of me understand why they are digging their heels in here.

• Agree 2

I’m also amazed they haven’t done anything to resolve this.

I expected the high reward events to be fairly quickly reinstated for Deluxe Edition owners to be honest. 

As they haven’t yet done this, I also half expected the Deluxe Edition   Product Description on the Steam/PS/Xbox storefronts to be amended to remove “high reward events”, in an attempt to sweep it under the carpet. 

As it stands, more customers are going to be miffed (the people who buy the Deluxe Edition in the future who may see the product description and are therefore expecting the high reward events).

Edited by Pieman99

Persolly i feel some type of way like fill does but coming the OG Colin Mcrea games through the dirt series and Ken Blocks added flavor to spending hours learning Dirt Rally to now this? I have a busy life I didnt get to do my research on sales expectations but hey i was bummed out i need to spend another $30 to enjoy what i had previously thought i had already owned. Its one thing for Bohemia Interactive to spend 6 years on a broken survival game but Codemasters has been in the racing industry for as long as i can remember. It makes me wonder whats going on. Anyways ill shell out that $30 but compared to the first it seems like a mix between Rally and 4. Im not biting on it like i used to. 

• Confused 1