Sign in to follow this  

Previously available content (deluxe owner) buy season 3 to play

Please can you explain within the law of consumer statutory rights, why, as a deluxe owner with access to all the stages and cars, I now have to buy season 3  to be able to use cars (I own) in locations (I own) that I was previously able to use? If I buy something it's mine to use for ever as I see fit.

I didn't see anything in the original EULA that said "After season two you won't be allowed to use parts of your  product unless you pay us again for some extra stuff I may or may not actually want.

I hope that this is just a coding cockup. Because if it isn't I think consulting a consumer lawyer may be the next step. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I'm assuming you are referring to the S3 bonus dailies? There are still special events limited to only those who bought S3, or are you saying you can't use any 2000cc car in all daily events for that class? Because as far as I saw, I could still do all of the bonus/dailies that weren't S3 exclusive before I bought the bundle. Did them in the 07 Focus as well, so the 2000cc definitely were still usable for a Deluxe owner on PC

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1

if I click on the D+ events I get the message this video is exactly what occurs. I'm a pre-order early access Deluxe owner, all the cars and locations in the D+ events I own already. Blocking access to previously owned content isn't on, I just hope its a bug. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fillipfilloppe said:

if I click on the D+ events I get the message this video is exactly what occurs. I'm a pre-order early access Deluxe owner, all the cars and locations in the D+ events I own already. Blocking access to previously owned content isn't on, I just hope its a bug. 

And it means absolutely nothing to devs right now, be screwed for money again or go the f... out... I'm also old deluxe owner (after release but yet still) and I have the same and it is how they want it to be.

• Agree 1

I will say that orange icon looks like the S3/S4 bundle. So maybe their extra events are per season bundle? So deluxe got you the D+ events for S1/S2, and you need the bundle for the S3/S4 events.

Doesn't seem too strange to me that they include season specific events, but it does throw me off since they said there was going to be a credit drop for D+ owners when S3 released.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

to be honest my biggest gripe here is, we paid extra to get the game early, to get what we were led to believe was full content, one time payment for the game, there were never any extra purchases in D1, I was early access owner on that title also.

I just double checked the game as well, those D+ events using cars H1 FWD, group A and N4 do not include new content cars from Season 3 or 4 so should not be blocked pending purchase of season 3. 

There was no mention anywhere by Codemasters that at some point in the future (as deluxe owners) we would be required to pay for extra content.

I suspect that somewhere in the upper management that although all of the content was planned in advance and to be released as seasons 1,2,3,4. to spread out the development time, (read cut and paste old D1 content). That they suddenly decided that there wasn't enough profit in the game as expected, maybe sales of the deluxe version were below forecasts or whatever, so instead of just releasing the whole package s planned  they would use the "cash cow" that we players  undoubtedly are to  bulk up the profits.  Feels all very underhand to me.

Edited by fillipfilloppe
  • Thanks 1

The reason most of us suspect that is explicitly stated you would only receive S1 + S2 content with deluxe was because if the game did poorly S3+ would never happen and never be released. If the game completely flopped, they would have pushed out S2 and then called it a day at the 6 month mark. That was the only promise we got with Deluxe - that we would get 6 months worth of support. I fully expected to drop another $20-$30 if we were lucky enough to get S3+ and I've been expecting that since my pre-order.

Maybe management decided to hold back content, who knows, we aren't CM. But I doubt it. I do software dev for a living, throwing a deadline for production release is very normal while still having a "hopeful" backlog of enhancements to work on for v2.0. Having a team continue to refine enhancements and work on the product behind the scenes for another release is normal. But it is also just as normal to work on that enhancement for 2-3 months, then have the boss walk in and say "stop working on all of this, priority has shifted and none of this will ever be released".

One of the biggest complaints about DR1 was that we couldn't buy more content. People were begging for DLC that they could pay for. 

And please don't try and act like Christina leaving has anything to do with that. She got an amazing offer to work 1st party in house with Microsoft. That is a massive career boost in this industry, and a positively life changing move for her. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I don't understand your point, really.

Deluxe Edition was clearly S1+2 like advertised.

Was always possible, that more seasons/content would come. I mean, did you looked at the videogames market in recent years? How many games were complete the last few years on release? Even the last The Legend of Zelda-game got 2 expansions after months!

Regarding the D+ events: These events are BONUS EVENTS for DELUXE EDITION-owners. You paid for S1+S2, so you get bonus events for S1+S2. But S1+S2 is over and we are in S3 now.

And the location/car class is irrelevant in these events, the event itself is the bonus, not the content in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

I’ve bought season 3 and 4 as I love the game enough to do so.

i do get the original poster’s point though. Now he cannot access events that are clearly not using season 3 and 4 content. If there is a rally using season 1/2 cars and stages he cannot run them because he doesn’t have season 3. This is morally wrong. He should only be locked out of events which actually use content he does not have.

It's not wrong, blocking payed content that was available until last week is fraud.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

wow people, it's not that difficult.

- it was announced at the outset that Deluxe edition would ONLY include Season 1 and 2. this was announced on various forum posts, CM blogs, social media, and the game blurbs on the various online stores. READ the announcements etc. 

- the D+ events were for S1 and 2. Season 2 has ended which is why you can't access them anymore. in order to access them you need to buy the S3+4 season pass. there is nothing unusual about this. they are not blocking access to S1+2 events because those events have FINISHED. the D+ events are now S3+4 exclusive events.

- there are still PLENTY of online events to do if you don't own the S3+4 season pass. what are you going to do once the next location - Greece - is released? of course they're going to put that in some of the D+ events. 

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

wow people, it's not that difficult.

- it was announced at the outset that Deluxe edition would ONLY include Season 1 and 2. this was announced on various forum posts, CM blogs, social media, and the game blurbs on the various online stores. READ the announcements etc. 

- the D+ events were for S1 and 2. Season 2 has ended which is why you can't access them anymore. in order to access them you need to buy the S3+4 season pass. there is nothing unusual about this. they are not blocking access to S1+2 events because those events have FINISHED. the D+ events are now S3+4 exclusive events.

- there are still PLENTY of online events to do if you don't own the S3+4 season pass. what are you going to do once the next location - Greece - is released? of course they're going to put that in some of the D+ events. 

irellevant, not interested that D+ events are now exclusive to season 3 owners.  Those events use season 1+2 content but are now behind a paywall. This action has never been mentioned as a feature of owning the game. If you own season 1+2 content it should always be free to use. Not taken away. This really is looking like fraud, no mention in the original terms and conditions EULA about season 1+2 content has an expiry date as far as I can tell. You can't put up a paywall simple as that. that blocks previously owned content. 

Edited by fillipfilloppe
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, fillipfilloppe said:

irellevant, not interested that D+ events are now exclusive to season 3 owners.  Those events use season 1+2 content but are now behind a paywall. This action has never been mentioned as a feature of owning the game. If you own season 1+2 content it should always be free to use. Not taken away. This really is looking like fraud, no mention in the original terms and conditions EULA about season 1+2 content has an expiry date as far as I can tell. You can't put up a paywall simple as that. that blocks previously owned content. 

they don't use s1/2 content though. they use base game content.

season 1/2 contains Group B RWD, <2000cc, and Group B RX cars. and the locations Germany, Sweden, Monte Carlo, Wales, Estering, and Latvia.

none of these things have ever been available in any D+ event. I know because I have been checking since the game came out. there are even at least two threads (one by me, from April) asking for the DLC content to be included in the D+ events.

the D+ events are now considered part of season 3.

the thing is that it was never said that access to these events would be time-limited. so cm are discussing changing it so S1/2 owners have access to the current D+ events 🙂

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

They should probably rework the D+ into S3&S4+ or something else to avoid confusion with previous Deluxe owners here. Deluxe no longer applies to current and future content, and the D+ events were always Deluxe ownership specific (hence the D!), but now that's no longer true. They tried to outline what the color coding of the logo means in the recent roadbook update, but obviously it's not good enough and not everyone will see that, either.

I never bought Deluxe, but even though I owned the specific cars and tracks being used in those events, I could never enter them. Which I'm totally fine with, it's a special bonus for Deluxe owners specifically. No different here with S3, though even I still assumed D+ meant Deluxe at first until they mentioned otherwise in the update. The branding is definitely confusing to those out of the loop.

Edited by pyide

T300/racing rig ps4/ ps4 pro 

league owner ,

sometimes iracing on PC ,

i understand from both sides ,

i personally don't have problem buying s3/4 it's only for special events and wait for price to drop,

what I do have a problem with is f12019 ,I paid full price for Senna vs Prost waste of extra money,

9 weeks later 30 % discount ,I wonder why lol,

the ffb was truly brilliant from day one release ,ffb for wheel users was on par with pcars2 and almost iracing ,

They had a game in f12019 with very few bugs and pad vs wheel was equal ,

in those 9 weeks  from patches 1.05 onto patch 1,09 they have almost killed the ffb for wheel users and made pad vs wheel 1 to 3 seconds faster dependant on track ,

the cars were stable with good speed and you knew exactly thru ffb what was going on,

now with f1 ,one minute it's oversteer then understeer but without any warning in slow or high speed corners,

ffb does not give any indication as what is going on with car,

they managed in those last 4 patches to put more bugs in,

hence no multiplayer anymore apart from divebomers , we only use f12019 in unranked for league ,

in multiplayer ffb has been muted by around 35% ,even dare I say it Gt sports ffb know feels a lot better then f12019 ,

so I understand people's grumbles about s3/4 in dirt rally 2.0 but overall it's a decent game especially rally X,

i find i have put f12019 aside because of poor ffb from poor patches to race on dirt rally 2.0 and I've finally deleted dirt rally 1.0 lol

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, pyide said:

They should probably rework the D+ into S3&S4+ or something else to avoid confusion with previous Deluxe owners here. Deluxe no longer applies to current and future content, and the D+ events were always Deluxe ownership specific (hence the D!), but now that's no longer true. They tried to outline what the color coding of the logo means in the recent roadbook update, but obviously it's not good enough and not everyone will see that, either.

I never bought Deluxe, but even though I owned the specific cars and tracks being used in those events, I could never enter them. Which I'm totally fine with, it's a special bonus for Deluxe owners specifically. No different here with S3, though even I still assumed D+ meant Deluxe at first until they mentioned otherwise in the update. The branding is definitely confusing to those out of the loop.

You probably forgot about Deluxe version being still available to buy. And if someone do that he get no access to what Deluxe version is advertising for (D events). 

Also there were no info that those D events are time limited. As some mentioned, Deluxe user could have decided to enter the game after half a year. Just to figure out that the version he bought has been stripped from some features.

To me it looks like kind of mistake on CM side, being not able to imagine they did that intentionally. but then it means someone really failed to cover those obvious situations

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

T300/racing rig ps4/ ps4 pro 

league owner ,

sometimes iracing on PC ,

i understand from both sides ,

i personally don't have problem buying s3/4 it's only for special events and wait for price to drop,

what I do have a problem with is f12019 ,I paid full price for Senna vs Prost waste of extra money,

9 weeks later 30 % discount ,I wonder why lol,

the ffb was truly brilliant from day one release ,ffb for wheel users was on par with pcars2 and almost iracing ,

They had a game in f12019 with very few bugs and pad vs wheel was equal ,

in those 9 weeks  from patches 1.05 onto patch 1,09 they have almost killed the ffb for wheel users and made pad vs wheel 1 to 3 seconds faster dependant on track ,

the cars were stable with good speed and you knew exactly thru ffb what was going on,

now with f1 ,one minute it's oversteer then understeer but without any warning in slow or high speed corners,

ffb does not give any indication as what is going on with car,

they managed in those last 4 patches to put more bugs in,

hence no multiplayer anymore apart from divebomers , we only use f12019 in unranked for league ,

in multiplayer ffb has been muted by around 35% ,even dare I say it Gt sports ffb know feels a lot better then f12019 ,

so I understand people's grumbles about s3/4 in dirt rally 2.0 but overall it's a decent game especially rally X,

i find i have put f12019 aside because of poor ffb from poor patches to race on dirt rally 2.0 and I've finally deleted dirt rally 1.0 lol

Good points. Using a Fanatec Formula V2 rim, the FFB was never good with F1. Assetto, being 5 or 6 years old, feels light years ahead of F1.  I have some issues with Dirt, but if it is a B+ or A-, then F1 2019 is no better than a C. 

Dirt at least rewards sim racers that use no assists Including cockpit view. The F1 2019 revs have done absolutely Nothing for Sim racers wanting at least one lobby. It's my first F1 game in years and I was under the impression it was a decent Sim. ESports running exterior cams is an absolute joke, the Ranked lobbies are and abomination, and the "tuning" of all camber to the right and all toe to the left on every single track is an embarassment.

Dirt has been really good, aside from rarely getting DLC the day it comes out because it asks owners to buy it again.  I'd like to think that if an accident, but it happens way too often. 

Still, it was pretty clear only S1 snd S2 were included. Seasons don't last forever.

• Agree 1

Honestly OP that is annoy AF, but the complaints about paying for more seasonal content just because you paid an extra 30 dollars at launch? So, have you played other major video game released with dlc seasons? Deluxe is usually only the game with trimmings. This game came with 2 full massive content roll outs. Im sorry, but this whole complaining about CM charging for their new season is uncalled for. Time people spent less on video-games and maybe invested a little into education on successful business practices. I for one have no extra funds to play any bonus content beyond base and im as happy as a kitten on a warm laptop. 6 locations,massively larger stages for most. Detailed road surface and degradation. Graphics render got an upgrade... **** they could have sold us dirt rally 1 re packed without making any improvements andId pay that happily. DR`1 was light on content and its nice to see post-launch support getting serious content pushed. Pay up for the quality or go play something else.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

The OP has a completely valid complaint, as does everyone who bought the Deluxe Edition. I've covered this in another thread, but it's more relevant here:

On 8/31/2019 at 11:04 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Strange. I always associated these events to the seasons. The colour-banner on the events have the same colour like the season-symbol next to the gamertag/PSN-name or whatever. And it changed always with the season.

For me it totally makes sense that these events end with the respective season.

The seasons NEVER had an "end date" until literally 15 hours ago with that update from @PJTierney. That is the point. The season has always been marketed and conceptually considered a release window for the content within - it's not like the cars and tracks disappear when the next season is released. Even the D+ events weren't in anyway noticeably tied to Seasons. It's ridiculous to now claim in retrospect that is what the colours meant given that was never explained, the seasons where never graphically tied to the D+ events and please show me any out of game marketing that ties those colours to seasons. I can't even really see it IN GAME.

I play on PC so I don't know what you mean by season-symbol next to your PSNID/Gamertag, but that doesn't change the fact that people can still buy (right now, today) season 1&2 thinking they are getting high reward events - because it is advertised as such - and they are not.

And except from that...why are you so mad about those events?

Whether I'm mad or not has nothing to do with it. Codemasters changing the goal posts constantly with no warning or communication is what I am highlighting.

• People buy the deluxe edition, then find out they need to pay an extra $30 to get the 'super' deluxe edition.
  • People buy the game for promised Oculus support, then find out they have to REBUY the game on the Oculus store to get the 'proper' Oculus support.
  • People buy the Deluxe Edition expecting high reward events, those events get arbitrarily cut-off when they have more DLC to push.

It's shady, there is NO reason for it, and often it penalises the customers who have actually supported the product from the start. The D+ events is probably the most egregious, because:

• there is NO practical or logical reason it should now be locked to Season 3
  • the events don't contain any DLC content
  • it could be altered very simply and at no (resource) cost to Codemasters
  • it is in blatent contravention of how it was advertised and how it was formally explained in March post the game's launch.

Obviously Codemasters have just played the Season thing 'by ear', and didn't define it properly six months ago because they clearly didn't actually know what they were going to do - their plan was to have no plan and just wing it. The problem about playing it by ear is that when you are as tone deaf as they seem to be it doesn't really work out. For some reason they seem content to just alter the conditions of the paying customers content without warning, explanation, or apology.

• Agree 3

Only thing we can do is complain to Sony ps4 as they do take the wellbeing of there customers very seriously,

i don't want not to support codemasters as i have done for a very long time but this year it seems there no loyalty to customers ,

sadly I have to say once you've bought there product after a huge fanfare then that's that,. We are just pound signs and a number,

I've  been banging on about how great f12019 ps4 was when 1st released was brilliant for wheel users and pad users alike, and how they killed the ffb from patch 1.05 to patch 1.09 and put more bugs into game,

clearly nothing will or is going to be done, I was brought up not to bite the hand that feeds you or overcook the golden goose,

It's bloody poor show and I give up trying to help put right a once brilliant f1 game ,

good luck with next years profit as I predict another loss.

Argentine is not a Season 3/4 location. H1 cars also not exclusive parts of S3/4
I think it's a bug, not policy

Erm, standard edition owners have no access to ANY of the challenges laid out exclusivey for DX and SDX owners even though they on occasion own the track it's driven on, yet I don't ever remember anyone complaining about that point. This strikes me as complaining for the sake of complaining because anything exclusive to a specific edition/version of a game is just that - exclusive! Besides which, it's not like you don't already have a ton of challenges to do within your version of the game, is it? 

However, if someone couldn't access exclusive content because they'd purchased all the season pass items individually that would be an entirely different matter because in our (unfortunate) age of (completely ott) equality that would be classed as discrimination and if not already, Codemasters would have to look into that.

Perhaps the D in D+ stands for "DiRT", rather than "Deluxe" - who knows? Afaik Codies never said, so I don't blame people for thinking that it means "Deluxe" 🤔

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Malling said:

Perhaps the D in D+ stands for "DiRT", rather than "Deluxe" - who knows? Afaik Codies never said, so I don't blame people for thinking that it means "Deluxe" 🤔

This is from the official Community Manager in March this year. You'll note this was before any content from Season 1 even went live, and before what Codemasters are now retrospectively calling the 'start' of Season 1.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:03 AM, CMMcBabe said:

The D+ events are for owners of the Deluxe Edition.

• Agree 1

But that doesn't answer my question... She said that it was for owners of the Deluxe Edition, not that they were called "Deluxe+" or "DiRT+" events.

That said, she was lying by omission - the sentence should have said "The D+ events are for owners of the Deluxe Edition, for the duration of Season 1 and 2 only"

• Agree 1