Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you want dirt rally full optimized on PC BEFORE being ported to ps4/xb1?

Playing it now and would certainly buy it on consoles best rally game since Colin Mcrae Rally on the original xbox.

it would help sell many more copies, giving codemasters more money that they can put into futher improvements/ new verision of the game.

I can't see why it would be bad move to do, unless they don't have manpower/budget for it
but console players want to have more serious racing sims as well, not only arcade

many people don't have powerful PC,  PS4/XB1 therefore gives them way better looking games

You're question isn't precise enough.

Do I want DiRT Rally to be RELEASED on consoles? Definitely.
Do I want to PURCHASE a console version of DiRT Rally myself? No.

PC Master Race = Beta Testers for Console Gamers!

Obviously the game will be released boxed next year for PC, Xbone and PS4.

I've been wanting and waiting for a proper rally game for years and DiRT Rally hits all the right notes. So, without any doubt - HELL YES!

Get it out there whilst the market is fresh! Otherwise you will be losing customers to SLRE and WRC 5! At least get it announced for consoles early so people will know to wait for it instead of spending their cash on the competition!

I think it's about time a game was made for PC then watered down to run on consoles, it has been the other way around for so long that the games never seem to reach their potential on PC because they have been gimped by console architecture, I mean we had to put up with console ports to PC with the PS3 and XBox for 9 years!! The PC outdid the console power the day last gen consoles were released.

Even next gen consoles can't compete with PC's so let them finish the game and max it out then I am sure they will be able to shrink it down and port it consoles later on.

I do want it for the console players but when it is finished properly on PC.

thanks for all the postive comments guys, ireally hope this poll can gain some momentum and get noticed by the guys at the TOP of codemasters!! just keep it on coming guys, ALL comments appreciated
i have been waiting for DIRT rally ever since the original colin mcrae rally games that i played constantly as a toddler!! 14 years later and codies going back into simulation territory after the mainstream dented games Grid 2, dirt 3 but now both f1 and dirt are going for PCARS simulation road which is only positive for the future!! 

I have been waiting for this game, for years. Please please make a console version !

Thank You !

Absolutely a yes from me. I haven't been a PC gamer for years (though I'm seriously tempted to become one again due to DiRT Rally!), so I would love to see the game make it to console. 

Well, i say no (for now!) I´m not a PS4 ore XBox One player anymore. The game stay in Early Access just for PC. I think that´s really okay. I don´t know how big the team behind this game is. In my opinion the game shouls be develop here in Early Access for the PC with new features ect. ec.t When the game will be ready for the beta edition and if the base for the game will be solid and stable, CM should and i think they will thinking of a release to the consols.

I not wanna anger you but i would like that the game should develop in quality, not quantity. So first the first thing, then the export to the consols. ;)

I'd like to explain why i voted no.
The PC version should be the base version, there is so much more going on in simracing on the PC that this seems only logical.
Support for loads of different controllers, button boxes, different hardware configurations etc is going to require a lot of effort.
If you're working on a console port in the meanwhile you will simply lose time and end up delaying the PC version (See: project cars).

So first build a completely functional PC version with all the whistles and bells. Release it, wait for the initial feedback and patch the left-over issues, and after a stabilization phase, port it to consoles.

Pilon said:
Well, i say no (for now!) I´m not a PS4 ore XBox One player anymore. The game stay in Early Access just for PC. I think that´s really okay. I don´t know how big the team behind this game is. In my opinion the game shouls be develop here in Early Access for the PC with new features ect. ec.t When the game will be ready for the beta edition and if the base for the game will be solid and stable, CM should and i think they will thinking of a release to the consols.

I not wanna anger you but i would like that the game should develop in quality, not quantity. So first the first thing, then the export to the consols. ;)
There should really be a third option on this survey for "temporary no"! Even though I voted "yes" I fully agree with the reasoning from both @Pilon and @own996; keeping the Early Access restricted to PC does make more sense, as all the tweaks can be made to the single format before the single polished product is then ported over to the consoles. 

i definitely agree keeping it in early access as the amount of feedback will be fantastic but as i have no where near enough enough for a decent pc it puts off console gamers when they are only using pc (at the moment) to develop it, us console gamers feel skeptical about its release on next gen because it is being labelled a PC ONLY game everywhere!  

It should be well optimized on PC before they even start thinking of porting to consoles. Because of the sheer diversity of hardware that exists throughout the PC market, a game that's ready to run well across all these different configurations will ensure that when's it ported to consoles, the game will use the hardware of each system to its full advantage ensuring that console users get the best possible experience on the system they purchased.  When a game is developed with PC as a focus, consoles can only benefit.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Paul said he wants to get it on consoles eventually. I really hope it comes to both PS4 and Xbox one once it's finished ea, which won't be until the end of the year

It should be well optimized on PC before they even start thinking of porting to consoles. Because of the sheer diversity of hardware that exists throughout the PC market, a game that's ready to run well across all these different configurations will ensure that when's it ported to consoles, the game will use the hardware of each system to its full advantage ensuring that console users get the best possible experience on the system they purchased.  When a game is developed with PC as a focus, consoles can only benefit.
This!!!

Absolutely agree, 100%. I wish more devs would take this approach. Get the hard job done first, optimise for pc, after doing that you would imagine porting to either console would be simple, standardised hardWare!