How to be more transparent to your customers

Posted (edited)

@Faya @PJTierney

Almost 3 months have passed since the release of F1 2019, yet many general issues prevail and to our "surprise" classic bugs and glitches of previous titles also have moved over to this years game, even though it supposedly was in development for 2 years.

The issue with this saddening situation of Codemasters is the lack of effort towards transparency to clarify what will and what will not be fixed.

Why do you not simply use color coded markings to each individual thread on this forum to give us some type of transparency?

For example:

Grey Color Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) has not been read by Codemasters as of yet.

Blue Color Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) has been read and forwarded to the devs in task for evaluation by Codemasters.

Green Color Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) is currently being worked upon and a fix will be put into one of the future updates / patches.

Yellow Color Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) can not be fixed or patched for the current game due to various reasons but is open to be worked upon for future titles.

Red Color Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) can not and will never be fixed or patched due to various reasons.

Purple Check Mark Code next to the header of a topic of a thread = Topic (Issue) has been fixed.

This is just a example of how you could give us a bare minimum of transparency without having to directly interact with your customers.

This way we could at least know that you have read and or are working on certain topics / issues and or if it is totally futile to get our hopes up for specific features and move on.

Also, this could be automated into a internal system where the respective community manager reads, marks and forwards the topic to the appropriate team and from there on the topic will automatically be updated with the correct publicly visible color codings whenever a change has been made by each individual group working upon it.

This could possibly even make things a bit easier to organize the forum.

You very likely are already using such a internal system to have a easier time to oversee the whole procedure of developing the game, why not make it more transparent?

It could be beneficial to you and the community, as people would stop spamming the same issue over and over again and you wouldn't have to type a official comment all the time, which to be fair sadly is already a rarity.

Win - Win situation for everyone.

It'd be great to get some transparency at last.

The road map for a couple of paches was great, sadly transparency hit the cliff afterwards very quickly once again, do what you think is best, this is just a little feedback from a saddened customer who enjoyed your TOCA and Dirt series in the past and had high hopes for the F1 franchise, i only want this studio to succeed.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Not until the forum submissions are validated properly.

User makes one post with a vague comment about an issue. 

Cue stock responses that really do not look like anything other than exactly that. But because, line of least resistance, lip service.

I agree about the patch roadmap, it was good. But that is reaching the end of the line with no word on what is occurring next, what will (or can) be addressed. I feel many of the issues aren't (or can't be) addressed.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Not until the forum submissions are validated properly.

User makes one post with a vague comment about an issue. 

Cue stock responses that really do not look like anything other than exactly that. But because, line of least resistance, lip service.

This seriously is also a big issue on this forum.

Imo, it'd be fanatastic if Codemasters explicitly demands video or photography footage as evidence to back up ones claim about issues in the game.

Else, i believe that it will be very hard to replicate and fix the issue for the studio.

A proper form of some sort with specific questionnaires to put essential and vital info into the submission of issues is also needed to help organize and categorize each thread accordingly.

Another cool feature for this site would be a automated title finder before i can even post anything, meaning, if i write down "graphical error black screen" etc., the site will automatically analyze and check whether or not a similar title has already been used and it will show us previous threads with similar topics so that we can make sure that we are not double or even triple posting.

At the moment there is no consistency to it.

Either way, whatever happens, Codemasters most definitely needs to reform their Forum to make it better for all participants.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added
  • Agree 2

I've officially given up on this. Every year it's the same loop again. 

People are excited for new features

New features are implemented poorly

People complain about the same old bugs since 2015

Codemasters does nothing, gives some small patches but never fix the biggest issues with the game. And never addresses any community comments.

Mandatory "request features for next year's game" with a list of unrealistic expectations.

On and on and on. 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 7

I wonder if the web devs could even do this as the forum platform is Invision Community, and not Codies' own creation.

I'll also try to tag the more useful people here. @CMSeanWilkins and @PixelPusher87 sorry about the tags, but is this possible with the current forum platform? I think at least one of you know something about this platform.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Noise should be rejectable or movable by mods. Moved to a dump or off topic thread with an email notification (your submission did not meet the required standard or is duplicate and has been merged or removed, etc.)

Clue: most just need deleting

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1

CM really need to step up their game and polish the heck of their products if they want to sell more in the future. I'm seriously thinking to skip 2020 if is in this state. From 2010 until now I fully support the studio. I don't care if the game comes early and is in this state. I prefer the game to be released even later at the end of the year, but to be polished and bugs free and I can enjoy it fully. How many months have past and I didn't start a carrier because of constant bugs and not working features? Where is the safety car, why the driver's transfer is so absurd? Why there are so many graphical bugs, wheel support problems, car speeds are different than the real-life, the list is long. Seriously Codemasters polish your games, you charged AAA price 60 euros in my country not to mention the different editions I personally bought the legendary and I feel riped at this moment. I support you but you don't support us. Guys get your stuff together and fix the problems. I personally abandoned many franchises that I love before because of the same things, but I don't want to happen here as well. Listen to your community, fix the problems, make your customers happy and I guarantee you, you will have many sales and satisfied loyal community.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 2

I have completely given up on CM, I have all the DiRT titles but didn't pick up DiRT Rally 2.0 and I'm in the same state of mind for F1 2020.

Think I'll give that one a pass as well, kinda fed up with the same old tracks, online issues, and complete disregard for there customers.

Disclosure: I am aware that the "tracks" are out of CM's hands but ten years with only a Cpl of changes make it pretty boring for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, likewise said:

I have completely given up on CM, I have all the DiRT titles but didn't pick up DiRT Rally 2.0 and I'm in the same state of mind for F1 2020.

Think I'll give that one a pass as well, kinda fed up with the same old tracks, online issues, and complete disregard for there customers.

Disclosure: I am aware that the "tracks" are out of CM's hands but ten years with only a Cpl of changes make it pretty boring for me.

It is said that only one company have the rights to f1 I think if Codemasters had competition will make far more polished products. I love f1 and I know if I quit f1 there is no other alternative with such detail like the carrier the cutscenes all of the vibe and atmosphere of the game. But there are a lot of other games recently I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I have a blast with friends. I have drive club GT sport project cars 1 and 2 Asset Corsa and many other racing titles ist not like I will have no racer to play not to mention the endless library of steam or ps4. It's sad that codies make this game annually and repeat all of the problems.

If this was F1 the game and you chose your season. All of the bugs will be fixed and the only thing Codies can do is update the game graphically and modernized the older cars. Imagine you start your career in 2010. The year change but also the cars with the models. Now only number representing the year change. This will be amazing, but well I guess this will never happen. You want f1 2016 you start the game and is heavily outdated, missing features, the graphics are poor the physics is a joke and so on. I don't like the current model because creates new bugs every year and the one fixed remains in the past game. Because the new game is developed side by side before the fixes of the older title are implemented and when the new game comes out, old problems resurfaced because the patches were never implemented in the new game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If they ever do want to give us a proper issue reporting and tracking system, they should use the right tool for the job. A forum is not the right tool for the job.

• Like 1

I do not trust the forums. When I have issue ifcourse I post here but I also email the customer support.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1