Jump to content
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Driver Performance Update

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if there is a chance at a driver performance update. Before we could have done this on PC, but I don't think we have the tools now.

I generally see the drivers are out of order on the grid more often than not. Gasly beats Verstappen frequently, Hamilton losing out to Bottas a lot of the time, etc

The cars can also use a performance update, they could probably go a second quicker or so on average.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This does need looking at, more so than ever with drivers able to change teams in career mode.

Buff: Ricciardo (Needs a bloody big buff!), Sainz, Albon, Verstappen, Hulkenberg and maybe Magnussen.

Nerf: Gasly! (I'd even take a swap between Ricciardo and Gasly's AI), Perez needs to be about the same level as Hulkenberg and the Mclaren drivers and then Vettel and Leclerc need some minor tweaks so they're about even with Verstappen I would say.

IMO, the fastest driver order based off this year should be: (Trying to imagine how they would perform alongside Hamilton)

- Hamilton
- Verstappen, Vettel, Ricciardo (About 0.050-0.100 on average behind Hamilton, all three should be relatively even, maybe have Ricciardo about 0.050 off Verstappen)
- Leclerc, Bottas, Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, Sainz, Perez (About 0.050-0.100 on average behind Ricciardo and then about another 0.100 between Leclerc and Perez)
- Norris, Russell, Kvyat, Magnussen, Albon (Following the pattern, Norris about 0.050 off Perez and about 0.050-0.100 faster than Albon)
- Grosjean, Gasly, Stroll, Giovinazzi, Kubica
(And again, Grosjean about 0.050 off Albon and about 0.100 ahead of Kubica)

There should be stats like consistency, mistake % and maybe even a seperate stat for qualifying and the races. There should be a chance for drivers like Grosjean, Gasly etc. to perform better than drivers above them (I think the game already does this though) so it's not the same results all the time. Certain drivers should be more prone to mistakes: Again, Grosjean as an example should be more likely to make one than say Hamilton. They could even make Grosjean a little quicker if they increased his chance of mistakes as that would balance him out compared to his real life counterpart rather than just making him slow to compensate.
And then I think there should be differences between qualifying and race performances. We've seen that certain drivers can be much better at qualifying compared to the race (Norris, both Haas drivers) and vice versa (Ricciardo, Sainz, Stroll) and think they should start to replicate that too.
 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From another thread where I posted the average difference if all drove the same car. (Modded for the test)

Track is Austria 

 

62142FD7-E207-4C16-9EF6-6CDB93EEAFEC.jpeg

1B860EBF-F822-41CB-B978-6C332979449A.jpeg

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ryne said:

Just wondering if there is a chance at a driver performance update. Before we could have done this on PC, but I don't think we have the tools now.

I generally see the drivers are out of order on the grid more often than not. Gasly beats Verstappen frequently, Hamilton losing out to Bottas a lot of the time, etc

The cars can also use a performance update, they could probably go a second quicker or so on average.

In order for the AI to match the real world driver profile, there must be a AI module for each driver. There is to data for that to happen. So you get what you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

In order for the AI to match the real world driver profile, there must be a AI module for each driver. There is to data for that to happen. So you get what you get. 

They cannot copy/past that so it wont happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

In order for the AI to match the real world driver profile, there must be a AI module for each driver. There is to data for that to happen. So you get what you get. 

Something used to be accessible in previous games where you can edit each driver's stats like chance of mistakes, rain profenciency, etc. Wonder what happened to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryne said:

Something used to be accessible in previous games where you can edit each driver's stats like chance of mistakes, rain profenciency, etc. Wonder what happened to that.

I never knew that was an option. I took a break away F1 due to the lack of feel. Once I heard that a simulation model was being added I got F1 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×