Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally (Early Access) wk ending 3rd May, How close to being finished do you think Dirt Rally is?

The question as above, with the amount of feedback on the forum I thought it would be good to guage consumer opinion about the features you have got and how close to release you think it is. Obviously no project is ever finished as you can just keep adding. So just give what you think from what you have seen, preferably played.

Got a lot of work to do on the penalty system and online for differentiation of casual (ok serious casual) and sim fans. I will put it on a separate thread coming soon and link it back to here.

It is well less than 50%. The schedule for what  they are releasing proves that. Just the rallycross and multiplayer alone are probably close to 50 % of the game. More cares to be added, definitely for locations to be added, multiplayer, rally cross, I would say 25- 30 % at most. And that doesn't include what they might add based on user feedback. Better hope lots of people buy the early access, because that's whats paying to finish it.

todd said:
It is well less than 50%. The schedule for what  they are releasing proves that. Just the rallycross and multiplayer alone are probably close to 50 % of the game. More cares to be added, definitely for locations to be added, multiplayer, rally cross, I would say 25- 30 % at most. And that doesn't include what they might add based on user feedback. Better hope lots of people buy the early access, because that's whats paying to finish it.

I haven't been following the game, so I have no idea the scope, but they already have a lot of assets and for early access it seems in better condition than what I thought. the online works the leaderboards are seem broken though on the challenges. My point is I think it's a this year release and development cycle has been going on for at least 1 year, I suspect 2yrs not, that that matter its about features hence why I thought at least over 50%.

You seem a lot more clued up about it than me.  

I checked to see If I could revise the poll to add more but it doesn't look like it.

On that note could a mod or admin lock this thread on Monday 4th may since its only to week ending 3rd.