Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crashing to Desktop

I've been searching everywhere for a solution to this problem, but there seems that only a few people have it and no one has ever found a fix. The problem is simple, any time I'm racing I get a crash to desktop, there's a small 1 second freeze and then the game closes. It happens randomly at any point in a race.

I tried many solutions like setting Windows 7 as compatibility, disabling fullscreen optimizations, that cpu config change (even though I have a 4 core CPU), disabling OC and UV, closing MSI Afterburner before launching the game, changing USB ports, verifying game files, but nothing worked so far.

My specs are:
- CPU: Intel Core I5 3330
- Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
- RAM: 12GB DDR3
- GPU: AMD Vega 56 (with 19.5.2 driver)
- SSD 1TB with 700 GB free
- Windows 10 v.1803
- Windows page file is set to auto

So far this is the only game that is giving me problems.

I'm attaching the .mdmp files and dxdiag log.

DxDiag.txt

drt_1145105_crash_2019_9_1T14_56_15C0.mdmp

I've been having the same issue. My game crashed to desktop twice today while doing daily challenges.

My specs are:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 
- RAM: 16GB 1866 MHz DDR3
- GPU: NVIDIA 980TI (Driver 436.15)
- SSD 1TB with 150 GB free
- Windows 10 Pro v1803

2 hours ago, euronate said:

I've been having the same issue. My game crashed to desktop twice today while doing daily challenges.

My specs are:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 
- RAM: 16GB 1866 MHz DDR3
- GPU: NVIDIA 980TI (Driver 436.15)
- SSD 1TB with 150 GB free
- Windows 10 Pro v1803

Someone suggested me on Steam forums to disable Advanced Blending in Advanced Graphics options. That did the trick for me, hope it helps you as well.

2 hours ago, Zeason said:

Someone suggested me on Steam forums to disable Advanced Blending in Advanced Graphics options. That did the trick for me, hope it helps you as well.

I'll give that a shot. I had it disabled before the update already, but I'll double check to see if it got re-enabled with the latest update. Glad to hear the problem was solved for you.