Delta dailies

not really. it just gives cash rewards based on 2 tiers rather than 4.

also the tiers are split differently. in delta dailies tier 1 is the top 50% and tier 2 is the bottom 50%.

in the normal, 4 tier events, tier 1 is the top 10%, tier 2 is the next 25%, tier 3 is the next 40%, and tier 4 is the slowest 25% (mostly people who retire, especially in weekly and monthly events.)

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, ianism said:

not really. it just gives cash rewards based on 2 tiers rather than 4.

also the tiers are split differently. in delta dailies tier 1 is the top 50% and tier 2 is the bottom 50%.

in the normal, 4 tier events, tier 1 is the top 10%, tier 2 is the next 25%, tier 3 is the next 40%, and tier 4 is the slowest 25% (mostly people who retire, especially in weekly and monthly events.)

Sorry for the OK OT, but Is this 1st tier for best 10% still valid?

P.e, on the current bonus monthly I'm atm in 10th among 161 participants, and I'm on upper 2nd tier (maybe 9 tenths in the 2nd tier graph). Even excluding bottom participants with max possible time set, it'd leave 111 players. On the bonus GrA weekly at MC, I'm atm at 138th among 1458 (1155 non-max time) and also leaves me on 2nd tier, but with the mark right over the frontier to 1 tier. Both entries aren't particularly fast, and have the usual mistakes for a solid 2nd tier.

Could these longer challenges have target times instead (preset, or in relation to best time set), or there's a threshold from which bottom entries are excluded? Thanks

Edited by AlleyViper

1 hour ago, AlleyViper said:

Sorry for the OK, but Is this 1st tier for best 10% still valid?

P.e, on the current bonus monthly I'm atm in 10th among 161 participants, and I'm on upper 2nd tier (maybe 9 tenths in the 2nd tier graph). Even excluding bottom participants with max possible time set, it'd leave 111 players. On the bonus GrA weekly at MC, I'm atm at 138th among 1458 (1155 non-max time) and also leaves me on 2nd tier, but with the mark right over the frontier to 1 tier. Both entries aren't particularly fast, and have the usual mistakes for a solid 2nd tier.

Could these longer challenges have target times instead (preset, or in relation to best time set), or there's a threshold from which bottom entries are excluded? Thanks

don't worry too much about the exact numbers and stuff until the event is over & you get sent to the reward screen. then look at the leaderboard. on the graph at the bottom where it shows which Tier you're in, it'll now have precise times that indicate the slowest person to make it into each tier. if you check how many people completed the event (including those who retire) and look at the ranks of each of the players who have cutoff times (just 3 in the whole list to divide the 4 tiers) they will correspond exactly (give or take a couple decimal places) to the percentages of - 10%, 35% and 75%. that's how I got those numbers of 10%, 25%, 40% and 25%. 🙂

I'd attach a screenshot, but I don't have one and haven't participated in any challenges that will end before next week, sorry

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for explaining, no need for screenshots. 👍

Edit: Checked on a daily today and confirmed your deduction. The timing that corresponded to the 1|2nd tier was very near to upper 10% (player position with that time x10 was nearly equal to total player count).

Edited by AlleyViper

An update: Now that the Monthly is over, I got the expected rewards for 1st tier. Even yesterday the graph was still showing mid second tier for me, but on today's final leader board review the graph bar had the flag icon right under the (CR) sign, upper on 1st tier. It seems like the GUI isn't properly updated while Monthly events are still running.

haha, that's why I said not to worry about the exact numbers and the Tier you're in until it's over.

I suspect it doesn't count the people who retire until the time runs out. that would explain why you don't see much of a difference in Daily Challenges, but see a massive change in Monthly ones: there's a far higher % of players who retire from Monthly Challenges than Dailies. just a hypothesis though.

also, it's possible there's a not-insignificant number of players who enter the Monthly event just for cash: it's possible to enter an event, retire from the first service area (you might have to actually start the event, I haven't checked recently. even so, you could just drive 10m before retiring.) and reap the minimum possible cash reward when the event runs out, which for Monthly events is still several hundred thousand credits. this would inflate the number of people retiring quite a bit.