Hello everyone,

I don't want to start a massive rant to Codemasters, but there are clearly a lot of problems in this 2019 game, these following are the ones I find unbearable. Before writing down my list, some additional info:

I play on Ps4 pro, with a T300 wheel, Ai to 90%, no assists. I bought the Legends Edition. 

1. Career

-It suffers of the same issues of the last year version. Maybe more. The progression system should be changed in the next game. All the part of R&D is completely broken, too fast and when the car reaches the maximum level your team mate becomes an unbeatable god.

-Why I can't choose to disable driver transfers? It's weird to see Hamilton in a Racing Point when he's leading the championship (??) At least try to fix it in a more realistic way.

-Interviews were lame, still are

-The reputation system is too rigid, why the team should blame me for not reaching the position on my contract when (for example) I've started from the bottom of the grid with a penalty? Or I score some good points?

-Contract system is also kinda illogic. Why the team should not deliver good pit stops or slow the R&D progress? To teach me a lesson?

-It rains too much. I've reached the point of no return with a six races straight in wet conditions. And one of it was Singapore! 

-Free practice programs need a change, a strong one. In the next year of course...

2.Gameplay

-Ai driver follow their lines, whatever it happens. When I overtake them they always close the gap aiming for the apex of the turn, no matter if I'm there. And I'm not talking about insane divebombs, it happens in every occasion, they simply don't care, ruining my wings on every race. It's hard to not to be hitten.

-The AI seems to not suffer of tyre degradation or ERS with low charge. They always keep their pace 'til the end. This is very, very bad.

-ERS managing is insane, I liked the idea but it seems to be too demanding and unrealistic.

-The question of rear mirror for the cockpit players like me, but this is a classic forum material.

4.Other stuff

-T300 fails to have force feedback in every race, it works amazing with other games like Project Cars 2 or Dirt 2.0. In F1 2019 simply vanishes after few laps. 

-Highlights are bad, and the music is annoying. Why I can't turn it off?

-Speaking of highlights, the player should be able to select lap or timing to navigate the replays and not fast forwarding all the race. I play 50% race and this is very uncomfortable.

-This is a suggestion more than an issue: I would like to create my championship, F1 or F2 or classic cars, whatever, with the chance of using my career pilot. Just to get rid of all the R&D and interviews.

-It would be great to be able to organize our setups. Folders, filters, stuff like that would be appreciated.

-Customization of our driver is simply ugly. To say the least.

- I lost hopes for multiplayer. I can't accept to race with people with assists. I don't care if I win or lose, I want a fair race.

That's it, I like the game and I enjoy it very much, but please do something about this and the other legitimate suggestions by other people here.

Edited by MaxHelldorado
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

Pretty much summed up lots of issues raised here in the forums, but some things are important enough to be said again and again until the issues get noted and acted upon. 

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, MaxHelldorado said:

-Ai driver follow their lines, whatever it happens. When I overtake them they always close the gap aiming for the apex of the turn, no matter if I'm there. And I'm not talking about insane divebombs, it happens in every occasion, they simply don't care, ruining my wings on every race. It's hard to not to be hitten.

to be fair, most people didn't understand what a good overtake means. If you are a bit behind, than it's the AI's corner not yours. Try to be in front before corner entry and the AI will let you pass. Most people will say, i am still a bit in front or the same level, but it couldn't be, because than you wouldn't loose your front wing. Look at the AI, they step back if they are not clearly beside you.

To test it try to use cockpit cam without proximity arrows. You don't have always the time to check the mirrors. Without the arrows you only see a car on your side if it's really the same level. In other cases you will hit them and they loose their wing. :classic_happy:

• Agree 1

Akkan74 the AI can damage your wing by hitting your side not just hitting the wing, I've had damage from them hitting me too. Though only minor it is still frustrating, especially how perfect AI were pre-patch in 2018 on PS4. I am an avid lover of hard but fair, clean wheel to wheel racing, can't get enough, 2018 if they hit you it was a no brainer, the player took a wrong line or came from too far back but I have had a wheel ahead of the AI and right on the inside curb but they have still tapped me and caused a small amount of damage. Never once experienced this in 2018, even with patching.

Glad you said about the interviews MaxHelldorado, it really is a game breaker unless you play 5 lap and one shot quali, otherwise the durability et al are very important, but so few speak up on it so nothing ever gets done, the system just makes no sense!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

to be fair, most people didn't understand what a good overtake means. If you are a bit behind, than it's the AI's corner not yours.

I know man, this is not my case by the way. 

It's a problem also when your car is side by side of the car of the opponent, he's always keep is line even in the straights preparing the next turn. They touch and push you adjusting their line, no matter what.

13 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Akkan74 the AI can damage your wing by hitting your side not just hitting the wing

Exactly!

13 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Glad you said about the interviews MaxHelldorado, it really is a game breaker unless you play 5 lap and one shot quali, otherwise the durability et al are very important, but so few speak up on it so nothing ever gets done, the system just makes no sense!

Tnx!

Edited by MaxHelldorado
add a thought I've forgot, they never spin! The AI drives a tank!
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, MaxHelldorado said:

I know man, this is not my case by the way. 

It's a problem also when your car is side by side of the car of the opponent, he's always keep is line even in the straights preparing the next turn. They touch and push you adjusting their line, no matter what.

Ok. I don't have this problems. Sometimes there is a touch between cars, but mostly if i look at the replay i find out that i let them to less space.

21 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Akkan74 the AI can damage your wing by hitting your side not just hitting the wing,

Never happened for me. This would be sad.

• Agree 2

What happened to number 3? Did that get deleted? Haha, joking 😂😂

From what I've seen and heard, agree with it all. Career has been a bore now since 2017 and had high hopes of this rivalry theme they've injected for this year BUT sadly it's so brief you blink and you miss it. There's no feeling of rivalry in this game apart from those 3 short challenges in F2. Get a story writer in.

With this I don't mean have a career like the Journey in FIFA as you want to be able to play career over and over with different teams and not know how the story goes. But what I mean is get them to script how to show and make the player feel they're in a rivalry with another driver whether it's your teammate or any other driver or team as you progress through the season.

You could start with a rivalry with your teammate, which goes in hand with a team rivalry against another similar places team. As you progress the season, you build another rivalry with another driver particularly if you are going for the championship or if doing badly, rivalry with risk of losing your seat to a test driver or F2 driver. Your team gets massive upgrades pushing you further up the field than your current rival team? Show the emotion and jubilation of building that gap between you and them as well as building a new rivalry with another team. There's just no emotion in the game!

if anyone can help please I really don't like how the contract negotiations screen always hovers on (NONE) even if other is selected because it really messed me up.

How often in Career mode do contracts get negotiated, I just got the game for my bday this weekend and I came from F1 2017 so these new contract features are new to me

I just finished Baku and I accidentally put none for all my perks even though I'm on 70 percent Ai in an Alfa, and finished in P2 (also in controller with little assist). I'm very annoyed and I want to go to Mclaren anyways. How often or how can I negotiate a contract, or will I have to wait for midseason or end of the season to negotiate or change teams?

You forgot to include all the bad stuff coming with the league's organisations :
- Too much vote dependent
- Can't have reserve drivers
- Admins don't have that much control 

Also, you can't ingore the following facts :
- Quite a lot of tracks have a very bad 3D models
- The FFB (force feedback) gives no to very little informations concerning the car stability
- The cars are too understeery
- The penalty system is way too unconsistent and probably needs a complete remake
- There are way too much glitches with the pit stops and VSC/SC

I surely forgot some other points but it shows the F1 games need (a lot of) changes.

But yeah, I agree with everything written above 🙂

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

@MaxHelldorado

Pretty agree with your list, and thank you to avoid me to put it down! :p Nobody at Codies will listen but, hell yeah, it really need to be said...what I really find annoying is the fact that AI seems to drive fast tanks...every single touch with them drive to a broken wing...also if you are hitten from behind...or, if you have a contact on the right the front wing get damaged on the left (and vice versa)...so f*****g annoying! They hardly get any damge when they hit you...plus you are right, it seems they don't suffer from tyres degradation and ers management...when they are on ERS 4 overtake behind you, even with 12% they go fast as hell, while you start to struggling at that % and loose top speed...also penalty system is ridicoulus and this is strictly connected whit reputation...I mean, even if I don't finish race due to a stupid AI that pushed me out of track (sometimes they also get a warning) after and Amazing race I loose reputation...it's so silly!! Add to this no mechanical failures to player whil IA (even top teams) are heavly affected by them, stupid damage system (I'm not asking for chassis to be deformed...just the rear wing needs to be fragile and with a different level of damage, as also the floor - like we see with Kimi in SPA) and hylarious drivers transfer...oh dear, poor us!

17 hours ago, martbloke said:

What happened to number 3? Did that get deleted? Haha, joking 😂😂

Ahahahah!! My bad...

13 hours ago, Criptoniite said:

You forgot to include all the bad stuff coming with the league's organisations :
- Too much vote dependent
- Can't have reserve drivers
- Admins don't have that much control 

Also, you can't ingore the following facts :
- Quite a lot of tracks have a very bad 3D models
- The FFB (force feedback) gives no to very little informations concerning the car stability
- The cars are too understeery
- The penalty system is way too unconsistent and probably needs a complete remake
- There are way too much glitches with the pit stops and VSC/SC

I surely forgot some other points but it shows the F1 games need (a lot of) changes.

But yeah, I agree with everything written above 🙂

I agree at all. I forgot something, I wrote all the first things that came in my mind.

1 hour ago, Alastre said:

@MaxHelldorado

Pretty agree with your list, and thank you to avoid me to put it down! 😛 Nobody at Codies will listen but, hell yeah, it really need to be said...what I really find annoying is the fact that AI seems to drive fast tanks...every single touch with them drive to a broken wing...also if you are hitten from behind...or, if you have a contact on the right the front wing get damaged on the left (and vice versa)...so f*****g annoying! They hardly get any damge when they hit you...plus you are right, it seems they don't suffer from tyres degradation and ers management...when they are on ERS 4 overtake behind you, even with 12% they go fast as hell, while you start to struggling at that % and loose top speed...also penalty system is ridicoulus and this is strictly connected whit reputation...I mean, even if I don't finish race due to a stupid AI that pushed me out of track (sometimes they also get a warning) after and Amazing race I loose reputation...it's so silly!! Add to this no mechanical failures to player whil IA (even top teams) are heavly affected by them, stupid damage system (I'm not asking for chassis to be deformed...just the rear wing needs to be fragile and with a different level of damage, as also the floor - like we see with Kimi in SPA) and hylarious drivers transfer...oh dear, poor us!

Couldn't agree more!

The game desperately needs more depth and immersion. I mean now graphics and models look good and IMHO codies have to focus on the massive work to do with physics, game dynamics and immersion.

for me this game is the biggest dissapointment since years, especially as they told us with proud that they worked for 2 years on it.

The result is

- No working Safety Car (It comes out totally random and if its there its buggy as hell which leads to that every league should turn it off.

- Cars feel totally off at downforce compared to how the real cars are looking

- A League System, which is by far the biggest ******** ive seen for a long (did they just thought only 5 minutes about that? I doubt it)

- Missing features like driving a real championship with a friend

- BUGS, BUGS, BUGS

- More crashes as in 2018 and 2017

- More disconnects as in 2018 and 2017

- Formation lap is still buggy, (Green flag the whole Race Bug) since ******* years.

And so much more.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1