Codemasters F1 licence

Until which year does Codemasters have the F1 licence? I think until 2020 or is it 2021? I'm glad if they would renew the licence after that. It has been nearly 10 years of fun racing. Only Grand Prix 2 was more fun...maybe because I was younger. 🙂

• Like 1

Crossing my fingers Slightly Mad or Kunos get it.  At least there would be Sim aspects to it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, KillingJoke197 said:

I hope not. Too much sim is less fun. It is perfect the way it is, not too much arcade and not too much sim.

What? Tell me one sim you played and is less fun please?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Neomo said:

What? Tell me one sim you played and is less fun please?

is a pad gamer.. ahahahah 😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ChironTheseus said:

Most console gamers are pad gamers. Shouldn't interfere with playable quality.

interferes, and as if it interferes.

5 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Crossing my fingers Slightly Mad or Kunos get it.  At least there would be Sim aspects to it. 

You say that as if they'd want it. I doubt they could afford it.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

From what I've been reading and how people feel about the partnership between @CODEMASTERTROEP and Formula 1, I don't think they'll get a renewal. People aren't happy with the last years or this years current F1 title. Once the Formula board gets to grips with the situation, they'll give them a choice. They and the teams want more poeple to be drawn to F1 and if @CODEMASTERTROEPcan't handle the job they'll look for someone else. People are getting more enjoyment from the F1 car on iRacing and from Automobilista 1 and 2.   

Edited by Striker_703
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

iRacing with graphics from 2005? No thanks.

And I don't play with a pad and I love Richard Burns Rally but can't stand Assetto Corsa. There you go.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Graphics is just eye candy @KillingJoke197. The under-laying is what is important. If it has a good simulation model then I'm good. Assetto Corsa has one of the best simulation model out there. And people are getting sick of eye candy. Think of it like this. You buy a nice car ready to tear up the roads and track, and come to find out you just got a P.O.S. Or would you rather own a car that looks like a P.O.S and track monster? I would rather have a P.O.S car that is a track monster.    

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 3

First time for everything, I guess. Have never seen someone with a wheel that can't stand AC.lol. It doesn't have any bells and whistles and eye candy, and that is fine. I'll take decent physics and FFB over Butler and Weber any day.  

Not sure how they have Alonso around to help on Grid, but nobody thought to ask him for a couple minutes about F1.  Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

First time for everything, I guess. Have never seen someone with a wheel that can't stand AC.lol. It doesn't have any bells and whistles and eye candy, and that is fine. I'll take decent physics and FFB over Butler and Weber any day.  

Not sure how they have Alonso around to help on Grid, but nobody thought to ask him for a couple minutes about F1.  Oh well.

When I played AC for the first time (somewhere at the release of F1 2018) I was instantly 'jealous'. The feeling of the tracks, the handling of the car, the smooth transition from new tires to worn out tires and the sound where instantly better. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

No way would i want either of those studios to get it.

The “driving” aspect may be slightly better from them, but on previous history the “racing” aspect certainly wouldn’t be. And that’s what matters most to me.

CM is doing a great job overall (yes there are frustrations and things we’d each change, but it still a great game). I hope they keep the license for a long time.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

I'm all about eye candy. This adds more to the realism and immersion as simlike physics with graphics which remind you of the windows xp era.

Edited by KillingJoke197
  • Haha 1

I want it all. Good graphics absolutely crucial. Good driving model, yes please, and the more “sim” and realistic the better.

AC & PC do these well, CM graphics and immersion is better, AC & PC physics are slightly better in my opinion.

The most important element though for me is racing, and the AI in PC and AC are awful. You just can’t race them like you can in F1, and this is what makes CM games stand out for me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

I'm all about eye candy. This adds more to the realism and immersion as simlike physics with graphics which remind you of the windows xp area.

PCars 2 is a must own if you have a wheel, then. 24 hour with accelerated clock races at Daytona, LeMans, etc are as good as that gets right now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I want it all. Good graphics absolutely crucial. Good driving model, yes please, and the more “sim” and realistic the better.

AC & PC do these well, CM graphics and immersion is better, AC & PC physics are slightly better in my opinion.

The most important element though for me is racing, and the AI in PC and AC are awful. You just can’t race them like you can in F1, and this is what makes CM games stand out for me.

The AI in AC is very good, but agreed on the AI in PC. The AI in F1 rarely make a mistake and not being able to adjust the agression, like you can in the other titles, is a huge oversight.

I have both Project Cars and I like the first one better, the AI is terrible in the second title.

Speaking of not so good, the trees in F1 2019 look worse than the vegetation from 2015 until 2014. They changed them for the worse with the new engine in 2015.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, KillingJoke197 said:

I have both Project Cars and I like the first one better, the AI is terrible in the second title.

Speaking of not so good, the trees in F1 2019 look worse than the vegetation from 2015 until 2014. They changed them for the worse with the new engine in 2015.

Yeah, it's pretty bad in PC2. Some of the cars and tracks are phenominal, though. And some are really bad.lol

22 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

I hope not. Too much sim is less fun. It is perfect the way it is, not too much arcade and not too much sim.

Options are good and that's what assists are for if people dont want sims.  A game that has wheel promotions etc should have a decent amount of sim options. F1 19 completely dropped the ball on that, nearly to the point of giving sim drivers the finger.  It's to be expected from Forza, not F1.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Options are good and that's what assists are for if people dont want sims. 

Agree

I don't see Codemasters abandoning this licensing deal anytime soon, after all they are the code masters of F1 and doing a fantastic job at that under the direction of Lee Mather. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Why should they change the licence to another company? FIA has their merchendising and Codesmasters earns money. In my opinion there is no need at the moment to chnage the team from both sides. I think the FIA doesn't care if we find the FFB better in another title as long as they get there attention.

• Agree 1