Upcoming dash cam?

In Project Cars 2 there is this magic little keyboard Command known as (Ctrl + k)

Just sayin....

Posted (edited)
On 9/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, cmMikeRobson said:

It's not just FoV you have to consider but also potential clipping issues with the camera. You're very close to the dash and the front pillar on many cars. Increasing FoV can expose that, which is one of the reasons it isn't currently allowed. 

@cmMikeRobson Would you guys consider enabling a certain lower range of FOV only?  From current FOV to lower FOV only.  You don't need to make any UI changes to achieve this, just min() it to the current dash FOV so it never clips. 🙂       Not pressuring, but it would be cool to at least be able to lower the FOV and that should not introduce clipping in a normal world.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 5

I think the new view is a little too intense as it feels like your nearly sat on the dashboard, not very realistic at all. We need the option to move in and out as well as up and down. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, watzcoc said:

I think the new view is a little too intense as it feels like your nearly sat on the dashboard, not very realistic at all. We need the option to move in and out as well as up and down. 

if i was saying that,they would call me ignorant,winny,etc ,asn waiting for about 10 dislikes and 10 guys saying their bulls....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

That's the cockpit cam (it allows moving up/down/back/forth).  They are already restricting the FOV from being wider, and you are asking to move the camera.  It would clip all over the place in different vehicles. 

(actually with TrackIR/VR there already is enough clipping as is when you turn your head to extremes I was checking this in cockpit view, that's where you might clip at extremes with seat fully forward.  but not visible in normal driving)

Edited by bn880

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, watzcoc said:

It’s almost identical to the dash cam we had in DR1.

This is what the dash cam is. 

I think it’s ok, but would like to be able to lower the FOV as bn880 noted.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 2

After spending some time with the new cam, I am uncertain how I feel about it. Rain drops on the windshield are ginormous, and when instrumentation from the dash is partially visible they are the size of of a basketball on my 65” TV. I feel like all they did was zoom in a lot. Now all of the objects both interior and exterior seem disproportionately large. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth on this - but I am not a fan, sadly. 

I believe this was done to avoid frame rate and clipping issues, but I feel like the dash cam in DR 1 was implemented differently (was better). 😐

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

I feel like all they did was zoom in a lot.

Zoom (i.e. FoV) has not been changed. The camera is just very close to the dashboard, hence why things on the dashboard look big.

22 hours ago, nasoduko said:

if i was saying that,they would call me ignorant,winny,etc ,asn waiting for about 10 dislikes and 10 guys saying their bulls....

It's the way you say things that gets you the dislikes etc. This quote is a prime example. Be respectful and polite, and you'll be taken seriously.

29 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

It's the way you say things that gets you the dislikes etc. This quote is a prime example. Be respectful and polite, and you'll be taken seriously.

Correct

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, caerphoto said:

🤐,do you mean stop saying what i believe  and kissing cm lovers as s 

Edited by nasoduko

34 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

If you believe in being disrespectful and rude, then yes, I think you should stop saying what you believe.

1 hour ago, caerphoto said:

If you believe in being disrespectful and rude, then yes, I think you should stop saying what you believe.

than when you see a post of mine just ignore it and go to the next one 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, caerphoto said:

Zoom (i.e. FoV) has not been changed. The camera is just very close to the dashboard, hence why things on the dashboard look big.

So would reducing the FOV serve to de-magnify things? If memory serves the dash cam in DR1 was in the same position but things were (more or less), in proper perspective.

Edited by Buckwilder

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

So would reducing the FOV serve to de-magnify things? If memory serves the dash cam in DR1 was in the same position but things were (more or less), in proper perspective.

Because the camera is so close to things, even very small changes in position can have a large effect visually. Making the FOV narrower won't help—it'd be the same as if you cropped the edges of the image off. The only solution is to ensure the camera isn't too close to something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

Reducing the FOV will magnify things in front of the camera.

• Like 1

why not give us the option to move the camera closer ourselves to get close to this view type?

The only problem with this view is there is no way of keeping an eye on speed or gear choice unless we have osd turned on. We could do with data output so we can use dashboard feature on smart phone.

1 minute ago, watzcoc said:

why not give us the option to move the camera closer ourselves to get close to this view type?

The only problem with this view is there is no way of keeping an eye on speed or gear choice unless we have osd turned on. We could do with data output so we can use dashboard feature on smart phone.

The game does have that, at least on the PC version. Not sure about the console versions, as I have yet to play them. Though not opposed to installing the game on my Xbox through games pass and taking a look.

4 hours ago, watzcoc said:

for the pc version ,there is a solution for that,but not for the locked ones....

15 hours ago, nasoduko said:

The secret to getting away with being a whiney b*tch is to simultaneously be hilarious and adorable. It's a bit like cyber domestic-abuse :classic_laugh: **waits for this post to get 20 likes**

re: dash cam

I had fears it may not suffice due to FoV limitations; I'm yet to try it though. It should bridge the gap regarding cockpit views where adjusting the seat position wasn't consistent with all cars however. 

re: dash dials

If a tighter FoV is the #1 priority for consoles, then UDP support should probably be the #2 concern. (If you aren't familiar with UDP output and the f'ing amazing apps that exist which allow you to use your smartphone/tablet as a customizable live dash, then I highly recommend doing some googling & youtubing)

re: console performance

I believe the source of frustration here is coming from Xbox One X users. I think we're possibly getting shafted because Xbox One S, PS4, & PS4 Pro are the consoles suffering the performance issues... (By some accounts the Xbox One X is actually outperforming the PC versions regarding HDR10 support? is this true? :classic_biggrin:)

• Agree 1

I'm sitting about 120 cm from my 50' TV and  DR2 dash cam is perfect for  me.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, SquirrelEsquire said:

The secret to getting away with being a whiney b*tch is to simultaneously be hilarious and adorable. It's a bit like cyber domestic-abuse :classic_laugh: **waits for this post to get 20 likes*

i dont care about likes mate ,im just saying what bothers me to the game ,with my way,but on everygame there are companys sucker,s that find everything beautiful,i play 2k20 to. but i dont care ,just as many people here feels the way i do ,but they dont talk cause they dont care or know that they will be company lovers that will get the same attitude just like i do ,companys lovers that they play cool but only in here ,on real life ,they are tiny spots who think they do have a life .and get a dirt2.0 for free ,

thats all folks ...

you can die in peace i wont speak for this game ,but i wont buy it again also,god bless the crackers..

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nasoduko said:

i dont care about likes mate ,im just saying what bothers me to the game ,with my way,but on everygame there are companys sucker,s that find everything beautiful,i play 2k20 to. but i dont care ,just as many people here feels the way i do ,but they dont talk cause they dont care or know that they will be company lovers that will get the same attitude just like i do ,companys lovers that they play cool but only in here ,on real life ,they are tiny spots who think they do have a life .and get a dirt2.0 for free ,

thats all folks ...

you can die in peace i wont speak for this game ,but i wont buy it again also,god bless the crackers..

I haven't read all your posts but you sound like you've been abused pretty badly by people who like the game, and I mean VERY badly.   Have you been oppressed that much from sharing your opinion on the faults in the game?   If you come across as sounding like a *****, like a few posts that I read in this thread, then I think you're getting exactly what you deserve from "company lovers" as you put it.   Most of the people you are talking to don't get the game for free, they do like the game more than the faults and respect the company that made it yes.

Of course there are problematic sympathizers for all games, I will give you that, where they try to silence constructive feedback and use their social media status to achieve that.  I just haven't been seeing a lot of that here.   For example I think you and watzcoc keep requesting that the dash cam can be adjusted position wise.  I have told you both why this isn't (most likely) going to happen from a logical perspective, not a CM lover perspective, and not because you requested something versus someone else.  But you don't listen to logic.  That's the problem.

Edited by bn880

6 hours ago, bn880 said:

!!

I haven't read all your posts but you sound like you've been abused pretty badly by people who like the game, and I mean VERY badly.   Have you been oppressed that much from sharing your opinion on the faults in the game?   If you come across as sounding like a *****, like a few posts that I read in this thread, then I think you're getting exactly what you deserve from "company lovers" as you put it. 

-read my post in general ,or my request 

Of course there are problematic sympathizers for all games, I will give you that, where they try to silence constructive feedback and use their social media status to achieve that. 

-agreed

Most of the people you are talking to don't get the game for free..

-some of them yes and they wont say it ,you must see the forest and not the tree 

For example I think you and watzcoc keep requesting that the dash cam can be adjusted position wise.

-i asked for it ,but i dont care ,what i care is to unlocked the cams on locked cars so i can fix the cam i want 

But you don't listen to logic.  That's the problem.

-so my request for up and down option isnt logical , but flags and end and start sign that destroy your car is ?

and at last .i have been a surveyor on street constraction ,i have driven cars on roads you can imazine also with speed on gravel just because i could ,on situations before the tarmac condition you are crossing now with your car, also i drive on championships on other race sim games ,been a tester for laser scanned tracks on another game and been a pro. driver on tarmac here in Greece , my skin is on RaceDepartment ,

their voices are wispers ,i want CM to hear me to change some of their mistakes but as long there are people that see the mistakes as great job ,the time will pass and you will pay for dirt 3.0 

anyway lets end this ,

49 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

-some of them yes and they wont say it ,you must see the forest and not the tree 

Some do but definitely not all actors who defend the game.  It's a minority of people, for the most part people who participate in testing the game get it for free.  AFAIK

For example I think you and watzcoc keep requesting that the dash cam can be adjusted position wise.

-i asked for it ,but i dont care ,what i care is to unlocked the cams on locked cars so i can fix the cam i want 

But you don't listen to logic.  That's the problem.

-so my request for up and down option isnt logical , but flags and end and start sign that destroy your car is ?

No, the signs are nonsense, and your request is logical.  The illogical thing is not understanding that you can't move a dashcam much while allowing head rotation as then you will get clipping which isn't accepted by QA standards.   They would have to go over each car with a fine comb and decide on the dashcam limits just like they did with (I assume) the head cam.  It's so much work for them that they most likely won't do it for DR2 for free.  But your request and the others are still here, and on other threads, so developers can see them.   Always their decision.

and at last .i have been a surveyor on street constraction ,i have driven cars on roads you can imazine also with speed on gravel just because i could ,on situations before the tarmac condition you are crossing now with your car, also i drive on championships on other race sim games ,been a tester for laser scanned tracks on another game and been a pro. driver on tarmac here in Greece , my skin is on RaceDepartment ,

their voices are wispers ,i want CM to hear me to change some of their mistakes but as long there are people that see the mistakes as great job ,the time will pass and you will pay for dirt 3.0

Oh yeah, well CM hears your comments anyway, they just don't if you start to get overly offensive to people.  Generally if you get rude (or anyone does) the content of the message is ignored by most employees, other than whatever rudeness comes across. 🙂