Upcoming dash cam?

18 hours ago, bn880 said:

Some do but definitely not all actors who defend the game.  It's a minority of people, for the most part people who participate in testing the game get it for free.  AFAIK

No, the signs are nonsense, and your request is logical.  The illogical thing is not understanding that you can't move a dashcam much while allowing head rotation as then you will get clipping which isn't accepted by QA standards.   They would have to go over each car with a fine comb and decide on the dashcam limits just like they did with (I assume) the head cam.  It's so much work for them that they most likely won't do it for DR2 for free.  But your request and the others are still here, and on other threads, so developers can see them.   Always their decision.

Oh yeah, well CM hears your comments anyway, they just don't if you start to get overly offensive to people.  Generally if you get rude (or anyone does) the content of the message is ignored by most employees, other than whatever rudeness comes across. 🙂

1)agreed 

2l)i told you i dont care and if they were hearing ,would listen me saying i would do it for free not only the dash and the heads,come on mate its less than a day job,i know i have done mine heads ,with multiple options,only the locked ones i cant

and you know whats bothers me ,,that most of them play a sim racing game with a pad and their opinion matters !!!!

anyway i made a mistake ,i paid for this game,and my biggest mistake is that i got into here ,this forum...and turned like many people here to wrc8 ,thats why many people except 20 same ones talking  the same way,,

ask your self ,why still people play richard burns...

You can't be serious about #2.  Doing something in a production environment is not the same as you changing configs in a camera tool  with practically no QA.  You have no idea just how badly your adjustments may have been chopped up by the QA department.

But anyway, yeah it sucks that some stuff is locked down, I definitely agree on that point.  Does it mean the game is bad or worthless, certainly not!

On your last comment: if you don't want to pay for it, don't play it.  If you play it, you should pay it.

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, bn880 said:

On your last comment: if you don't want to pay for it, don't play it.  If you play it, you should pay it.

ok ,you paid for it ,so i did to ,and??

i know at list 200 people that have paid this game ,and already abandon it,i guess i have to invite them here to ,

even the reviewing has become a job to get free stuff,have you see anyone of those complaining about the issue sound bug,or the feedback ,or any of those ,that some people complaint in here and 10  same people saying their blah blah blah cm is the best...

i have played also dirt rally to today ,for about 10 minutes,,,120 euros for 10 minutes of gaming,

the other guy with the most likes ,that cm placed him in charge ,said ok we have issues but ok f1 is out in the past ,is that a serious answer...anyway seriously i  stop here ,

goodnight 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:34 AM, nasoduko said:

you can die in peace i wont speak for this game ,but i wont buy it again also,god bless the crackers..

Seriously though- Your concerns are shared with most of us. It's difficult because the majority of players don't post on the forums, and the majority of developer resources are focused towards new content and acquiring new players from that hidden majority. As a result, the voices of some people seem disproportionately louder in comparison to the general consensus.

It's frustrating because DR 2.0 is the best Rally game out there, yet the popularity of the genre doesn't seem to justify a close relationship between players and developers. That's probably because DR 2.0 has a skeleton crew of staff working on it in comparison to titles like GRID which have such a wider appeal.

I think we'd all like to see some more community cohesiveness when it comes to the most pressing issues that need to be addressed, then maybe the developers would take us more seriously. (Just look at the asphalt debate, it's entirely subjective and seldom ever has anything useful that developers could look into. Meanwhile the issues such as FoV and co-pilot calls; where people have gathered data & have specific implementable change requests, get eclipsed).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SquirrelEsquire said:

Seriously though- Your concerns are shared with most of us. It's difficult because the majority of players don't post on the forums, and the majority of developer resources are focused towards new content and acquiring new players from that hidden majority. As a result, the voices of some people seem disproportionately louder in comparison to the general consensus.

It's frustrating because DR 2.0 is the best Rally game out there, yet the popularity of the genre doesn't seem to justify a close relationship between players and developers. That's probably because DR 2.0 has a skeleton crew of staff working on it in comparison to titles like GRID which have such a wider appeal.

I think we'd all like to see some more community cohesiveness when it comes to the most pressing issues that need to be addressed, then maybe the developers would take us more seriously. (Just look at the asphalt debate, it's entirely subjective and seldom ever has anything useful that developers could look into. Meanwhile the issues such as FoV and co-pilot calls; where people have gathered data & have specific implementable change requests, get eclipsed).

2. There is a close relationship between the developer and gamers.  They post here reasonably often, they review important issues and PJ passes on most relevant things to the team(s).  And it's getting better not worse.  (have you not seen the last patch, it was addressing most things that the community told them about here?)

3. The tarmac issue actually something they looked at even though it was subjective, and they identified factual things that could be improved and are not correct.  The way to solve the subjective opinionated problem pieces is to fall back on science/data/SME's wherever possible.  And in case of handling it can for the most part be done that way.  So that's fine, it's a matter of resource investment to get it changed.

4. FOV changes aren't really getting eclipsed.  Co-driver calls have been addressed where the feedback has made obvious sense.  To revise ALL notes for ALL stages as some people suggest is another huge expenditure which is why it isn't happening.  This is something you can know without working inside CM.

EDIT 5.  The only real thing you are actually complaining about is that the number of resources allocated to improving the game has been lower than you would like.  If there were 3x as many "man" hours assigned to improvements/fixes, we'd just see a lot more stuff fixed.  But anyway, the way the Steam Oculus thing was resolved says they aren't exactly a skeleton crew.

Cheers.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, bn880 said:

2. There is a close relationship between the developer and gamers.  They post here reasonably often, they review important issues and PJ passes on most relevant things to the team(s).  And it's getting better not worse.  (have you not seen the last patch, it was addressing most things that the community told them about here?)

3. The tarmac issue actually something they looked at even though it was subjective, and they identified factual things that could be improved and are not correct.  The way to solve the subjective opinionated problem pieces is to fall back on science/data/SME's wherever possible.  And in case of handling it can for the most part be done that way.  So that's fine, it's a matter of resource investment to get it changed.

4. FOV changes aren't really getting eclipsed.  Co-driver calls have been addressed where the feedback has made obvious sense.  To revise ALL notes for ALL stages as some people suggest is another huge expenditure which is why it isn't happening.  This is something you can know without working inside CM.

Cheers.

1.and here we call you kolobithroksila  

2.dont care anymore 

3.dont care anymore 

4.dont care anymore 

22 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

1.and here we call you kolobithroksila 

Who do you call that, whatever it means?  The people who invented cars and computers?     (this is the last thing I am saying to you)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bn880 said:

(this is the last thing I am saying to you)

no ,please ,dont end our relationship like this ,give me a chance(one less to go ) 

Got my new LG OLED77C9 and back in game.

I like new dash cam, a lot.
Before I used drivers seat or bonnet but this one will be most used in future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

What a bloody difference this makes. Finally booted the game up again and downloaded Wales! For me the game is now a joy to play. I also feel i dont need fov options which is great! 

Where the game is at now is the state it should of been in on launch. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well that's bully for you Flaw3d but plenty of others like me, AMAR, SquirrelEstate, etc still need FoV options

New camera is no substitute for redressing the artificially pulled-back FoV. I really detest this trend in gaming, making simulators more 'gamey' and chucking you out of immersion by wacking up the FoV. Can't wait for the 'Even More Fishbowl DR3.0!'

Edited by Jake Cushing

29 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Well that's bully for you Flaw3d but plenty of others like me, AMAR, SquirrelEstate, etc still need FoV options

New camera is no substitute for redressing the artificially pulled-back FoV. I really detest this trend in gaming, making simulators more 'gamey' and chucking you out of immersion by wacking up the FoV. Can't wait for the 'Even More Fishbowl DR3.0!'

Mate im loving it, I have went from being bitterly disappointed to really finally enjoying it. Last night on one of my fav Monte Carlo circuits i took a massive 8 seconds off my time on just a 3km run. Crazy the difference it makes when you can actually see where your going  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just watch this ... Incredible. It's Time to Wake up Codies!

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, mesa said:

Just watch this ... Incredible. It's Time to Wake up Codies!

Much easier to allow for all of these camera tweaks when you lock the game to 30fps on consoles, and your PC version struggles to handle any performance above 60fps without constant stutters.

Take your pick, more tweaks and ****** fidelity, or less tweaks but much higher fidelity overall

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Much easier to allow for all of these camera tweaks when you lock the game to 30fps on consoles, and your PC version struggles to handle any performance above 60fps without constant stutters.

Take your pick, more tweaks and ****** fidelity, or less tweaks but much higher fidelity overall

And when you lock the cabin FOV to an artificial value no matter what the external FOV is.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

What the????

wrc2.thumb.png.f3c21dc1c8d6a22f39f97b111f7ce3d6.png

wrc2.thumb.png.b3cee1ff5b6c3b994730b3c9e73d264a.png

That is definitely not how field of view works.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, not how it's supposed to work.  It's one of those absolutely unacceptable things to me.

Who cares when it's the substandard garbage 'officiallly licnensed gamme'... 

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

I have no doubt the reviews are from independent agents, just that people are influenced very very easily by seeing real WRC drivers try the game etc.

4 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

who have bought themselves a whole swathe of 'indepenentent' reviews?

Just remember early Dirt 4 positive reviews (nobody mentioned boring "your stage" tracks + outdated gfx), or Dirt Rally2.0 rewvies (nobody mentioned the lack of FFB effects) ...

Edited by mesa

WRC8 is a very, very good game. Damage system, tarmac physics, water physics and weather effects are way more realistic than Dirt Rally 2. I'm serious. Finally there is a rally game in which you have to take care of your car and even if you do, the rougher stages will take their toll on the car's condition. There is never enough time in the service park to repair everything if you drive on realistic settings. It's not arcade garbage anymore. As someone who's really into sims I'm having a blast after finding the right ffb settings. Now, when I feel like driving historic rally cars, I go to DR2.0, but when it comes to modern rally cars, WRC8 is my game of choice. So cool to have two great rally games on the market.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Played WRC8 and only saw arcade game - cars are floating like boats and are unresponsive. Little better than WRC7 but still very arcady. I don't see any future for WRC8

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, virgism said:

Played WRC8 and only saw arcade game - cars are floating like boats and are unresponsive. Little better than WRC7 but still very arcady. I don't see any future for WRC8

Did you play on a wheel with realistic damage settings and permacrash enabled?

2 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Did you play on a wheel with realistic damage settings and permacrash enabled?

Mostly I play clubs, without HUD and clutch + H Pattern or sequential (depends on car) Now I'm splitting my playtime between RBR and DR2 - best two rally simulators.

• Like 1